Is it worth it to take the February LSAT?

ArchieHicox

Is it worth it to take the February LSAT?

Postby ArchieHicox » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:38 am

153 in June 2012.... didn't study and just winged it

160 in December 2012.... still really didn't perform to my full potential. Missed a lot of gettable questions in LR. Only missed 2 questions in RC and missed a bunch in LG. I studied a little but didn't do as much as I could have.

I graduated in December and have quite a bit of time to put into studying, so I think I could do substantially better. At least 165, probably in the upper 168-170 range.

I don't want to wait until Fall 2014 for Law School and I'm pretty competitive for my in-state School (University of Nebraska) as is, and if I get in there would be fine.

My question is would the improved score matter at all, and is it worth the money and effort to get a few points boost?

wtrc

Re: Is it worth it to take the February LSAT?

Postby wtrc » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:29 am

Every response on here is going to tell you to retake and wait a cycle. Don't settle on a school where your job prospects aren't great.

If you don't want to wait a cycle, and really think you can bring your score up by Feb., definitely take it. 160 and 168 -170 are worlds apart, especially if you have a decent GPA.

suralin
better than you

Re: Is it worth it to take the February LSAT?

Postby suralin » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:51 am

weathercoins wrote:Every response on here is going to tell you to retake and wait a cycle. Don't settle on a school where your job prospects aren't great.

If you don't want to wait a cycle, and really think you can bring your score up by Feb., definitely take it. 160 and 168 -170 are worlds apart, especially if you have a decent GPA.

+1

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”