Where to Take LSAT: DC

wtrc

Where to Take LSAT: DC

Postby wtrc » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:30 pm

Any ideas? I took College Park a few years ago-- it was fine, but some people were in rooms that were not, and I don't want to take a chance.

cheerios16

Re: Where to Take LSAT: DC

Postby cheerios16 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:46 pm

weathercoins wrote:Any ideas? I took College Park a few years ago-- it was fine, but some people were in rooms that were not, and I don't want to take a chance.

I took it at AU - there was big tables with a lot of desk space and the room has natural lighting with i appreciated. Only downside is it is a bit far from the metro.

amc987

Postby amc987 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:45 pm

I second cheerios16's thoughts about American. If you have a car, you can park in the law school on-site garage for free. I've also heard positive things about taking the exam at Catholic U. I would avoid UDC if I were you. I've heard of 6-8hr LSAT administrations there because there so many people/ the proctors are incompetent.

anela00

Postby anela00 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:20 pm

amc987 wrote:I second cheerios16's thoughts about American. If you have a car, you can park in the law school on-site garage for free. I've also heard positive things about taking the exam at Catholic U. I would avoid UDC if I were you. I've heard of 6-8hr LSAT administrations there because there so many people/ the proctors are incompetent.

1+

American was a fabulous testing center. I had a large table all to myself and everything was organized.

I took it at Annandale twice. The first time was fine, except I got stuck with one of those tiny lecture hall desks. The second time was terrible. It was 90+ degrees and the air conditioning didn't work. But much worse, there was a class going on next door and you could hear EVERY WORD the professor said and his chalk tapping the chalkboard right behind me (I was in the back row). I did terribly on that LSAT, but redeemed myself when I took it for a third time at American.

I have also heard bad things about taking it at UDC.

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:48 pm

Thanks y'all, I'll look into American. I live in a sort of loud part of DC (by Petworth/Howard U/Col Heights), and real occasionally have trouble sleeping... Might be ridiculous and spend money I don't really have for a hotel right next to the test site. Meh, anyone ever done this?

inaki

Postby inaki » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:05 pm

I took at both AU and Georgetown (the regular undergraduate university). I'd definitely take it at AU Law. The desks at Georgetown were TINY and I would not recommend it. AU was spacious, comfortable and overall a great place to take the LSAT.

vman21

Postby vman21 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:22 am

<( '.')>

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”