One more question for lsat instructors

TERS

Re: One more question for lsat instructors

Postby TERS » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:56 pm

Shmoopy wrote:Can we agree that great majority is more than majority?

No.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:06 pm

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A wrote:Its a great majority number butwe don`t know 500 000 of what?it could be 1000 000 or600 000more nice to people,its easier tocriticize someone than to see your ownshortcomings,lol

It's deja vu all over again

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:10 pm

Ph297 wrote:Yeah real easy to be brutal when ur on a message board. I'm sure ur a real hard ass in real life too.

Just to get back to this, I'm happy to meet you any time that doesn't inconvenience me anywhere that doesn't require me to travel very far, if you really feel the need to come to the lady's defense (assuming she is a lady)

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:12 pm

dingbat wrote:
Ph297 wrote:Yeah real easy to be brutal when ur on a message board. I'm sure ur a real hard ass in real life too.

No, but I am a real asshole in real life.

dingbat wrote:

Just to get back to this, I'm happy to meet you any time that doesn't inconvenience me anywhere that doesn't require me to travel very far, if you really feel the need to come to the lady's defense (assuming she is a lady)

natashka85

Postby natashka85 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:21 pm

dingbat wrote:mrizza reminded me
natashka85 wrote:That`s not what u were saying before,i am glad u came to terms and after this i would recommend you to be more nice to people,its easier to criticize someone than to see your own shortcomings,lol

I spend enough time being nice to people, but sometimes it's better to be brutal. Coddling is for babies, not for adults, and if you can't take being criticized, I strongly urge you not to become a lawyer (or to enter any of the "professional" fields, for that matter).

As for my own shortcomings, I'm well aware of them, and I do my best to arrange my life around them, which is something I suggest you work on.

U just checked u are wrong,majority is most,great majority is not most,so u are an asshole,I always thought LSAT instructors are smart,but in your case it doesn't have to be the case,I even doubt that u are an instructor at all.

Shmoopy

Postby Shmoopy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:22 pm

TERS wrote:

No.

I guess I should specify that I am referring to situations where one of those terms is more appropriate than the other. Any great majority could also be called a majority, sure... But the difference in usage lies in the fact that great majority refers to majorities that are larger than majorities that couldn't be called great majorities.

Great majority still implies most regardless.

natashka85

Postby natashka85 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:25 pm

[quote="mrizza"]Guys we tried... I think its clearly time to abandon ship and leave Natashka85 to his/her 150.[/quote.
U are an asshole too,save that 150 for you,u probably are not an instructor too

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A

Postby A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:26 pm

natashka85 wrote:U just checked u are wrong,majority is most,great majority is not most,so u are an asshole,I always thought LSAT instructors are smart,but in your case it doesn't have to be the case,I even doubt that u are an instructor at all.

I guess it's settled then.

natashka85

Postby natashka85 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:27 pm

Shmoopy wrote:
TERS wrote:

No.

I guess I should specify that I am referring to situations where one of those terms is more appropriate than the other. Any great majority could also be called a majority, sure... But the difference in usage lies in the fact that great majority refers to majorities that are larger than majorities that couldn't be called great majorities.

Wrong ,great majority is not most ,this question was for LSAT instructors not for those who studies for the LSAT

Shmoopy

Postby Shmoopy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:28 pm

A great majority of the people in this thread are LSAT instructors, but most are not.

natashka85

Postby natashka85 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:31 pm

Shmoopy wrote:A great majority of the people in this thread are LSAT instructors, but most are not.

Nice try,which one of the following weakens an argument,lol

Shmoopy

Postby Shmoopy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:36 pm

natashka85 wrote:
Shmoopy wrote:A great majority of the people in this thread are LSAT instructors, but most are not.

Nice try,which one of the following weakens an argument,lol

Probably most of the following.
Last edited by Shmoopy on Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A

Postby A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:39 pm

natashka85 wrote:
Shmoopy wrote:
TERS wrote:

No.

Wrong ,great majority is not most ,this question was for LSAT instructors not for those who studies for the LSAT

Wrong. The majority of people here came to TLS for instruction, and most of those will in turn try to instruct people like you until you call them assholes.

Ph297

Postby Ph297 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:41 pm

dingbat wrote:

Again, easy to talk like that on a fucking message board. What do u mean by asshole anyway, buddy? What, do u not recycle? Ur a fucking loser that posts 50 times a day on a law school message board

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A

Postby A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:44 pm

Ph297 wrote:
dingbat wrote:

Again, easy to talk like that on a fucking message board. What do u mean by asshole anyway, buddy? What, do u not recycle? Ur a fucking loser that posts 50 times a day on a law school message board

Chill, dude. This is starting to just clutter the on topic feed.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:51 pm

natashka85 wrote:Wrong ,great majority is not most ,this question was for LSAT instructors not for those who studies for the LSAT
No matter how often you repeat it, it's still wrong.
Majority is definitely most. It is not linguistically possible for great majority to not be most.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:52 pm

Ph297 wrote:
dingbat wrote:

yeah, I'm a loser. So what?
also, like I said, happy to meet you if you have issues - just not willing to go out of my way for it. You ever in NY?

Ph297

Postby Ph297 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:09 pm

dingbat wrote:
Ph297 wrote:
dingbat wrote:

yeah, I'm a loser. So what?
also, like I said, happy to meet you if you have issues - just not willing to go out of my way for it. You ever in NY?

Actually yes, I'm coming to look at nyu this weekend.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:13 pm

Ph297 wrote:
dingbat wrote:

Class doesn't start up again until the 14th. But if you want to detour through Jersey, I'm ok with that.

edit: basically, I'm not gonna pay tolls just to deal with this bull shit

Merylian

Postby Merylian » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:20 pm

I want to applaud everyone who has attempted to have a rational discussion with OP. Anyone who can comprehend what s/he is saying well enough to take a stab at a reply deserves a gold star and a flawless RC score. Between the arbitrary comma placement, abbreviated words, etc., I have yet to be able to decipher a single statement with 100% confidence of what s/he meant. It almost feels like the October !Kung experience.

....LSAC? Is that you?

suralin
better than you

Postby suralin » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:24 pm

Ph297 wrote:
dingbat wrote:

Tip: You'll go further in life if you say "you're" instead of "ur"; the latter makes you look like an idiot.
Last edited by suralin on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ph297

Postby Ph297 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:28 pm

Suralin wrote:
Ph297 wrote:
dingbat wrote:

Tip: You'll go further in life if you say "your" instead of "ur"; the latter makes you look like an idiot.

It would have been you're, moron. You'll also go further in life if ur not a douchebag who takes the time to correct grammar on a message board.

suralin
better than you

Postby suralin » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:33 pm

Ph297 wrote:
Suralin wrote:
Ph297 wrote:Again, easy to talk like that on a fucking message board. What do u mean by asshole anyway, buddy? What, do u not recycle? Ur a fucking loser that posts 50 times a day on a law school message board

Tip: You'll go further in life if you say "your" instead of "ur"; the latter makes you look like an idiot.

It would have been you're, moron. You'll also go further in life if ur not a douchebag who takes the time to correct grammar on a message board.

Touche. Why so mad though? :lol:

Ph297

Postby Ph297 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:34 pm

dingbat wrote:
Ph297 wrote:
dingbat wrote:

Class doesn't start up again until the 14th. But if you want to detour through Jersey, I'm ok with that.

edit: basically, I'm not gonna pay tolls just to deal with this bull shit

Hahaha this is so absurd and a perfect example of the bullshit that gets thrown around on these boards. "I'm not gonna pay tolls to deal with asshole, I mean, I could show him what's up and kick his ass but I'm not gonna pay TOLLS." Such a tough guy.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:34 pm

Ph297 wrote: You'll also go further in life if ur not a douchebag who takes the time to correct grammar on a message board.

Says the person who wants to pick a fight with a random person on a message board for a perceived slight to another random person on a message board

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”