One more question for lsat instructors Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
dingbat

Gold

Re: One more question for lsat instructors

Post by dingbat » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:36 pm

Ph297 wrote:Hahaha this is so absurd and a perfect example of the bullshit that gets thrown around on these boards. "I'm not gonna pay tolls to deal with asshole, I mean, I could show him what's up and kick his ass but I'm not gonna pay TOLLS." Such a tough guy.
A) I never said I'd kick your ass
B) I live in NJ. I go to school in NY, so I'm typically there most days, but not in the holidays. You can ask any of the regulars here, or just dig through my post history, and you'll see I'm pretty consistent about that. why on earth would I pay $15 to go into the city to meet up with you? As I said before, if it doesn't inconvenience me, no problem, but you can't expect me to go out of my way, can you?

natashka85

Bronze

Post by natashka85 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:13 pm

U guys are idiots,don`t post in here ,this was a question for lsat instructors and u guys ruined that.

natashka85

Bronze

Post by natashka85 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:16 pm

Suralin wrote:
Ph297 wrote:
dingbat wrote:
Ph297 wrote:Yeah real easy to be brutal when ur on a message board. I'm sure ur a real hard ass in real life too.
Just to get back to this, I'm happy to meet you any time that doesn't inconvenience me anywhere that doesn't require me to travel very far, if you really feel the need to come to the lady's defense (assuming she is a lady)
Again, easy to talk like that on a fucking message board. What do u mean by asshole anyway, buddy? What, do u not recycle? Ur a fucking loser that posts 50 times a day on a law school message board
Tip: You'll go further in life if you say "you're" instead of "ur"; the latter makes you look like an idiot.
And yea i forgot to mention save that google and dictionary for your Rc,u are cocky too,that won`t get you anywhere in life .lol

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:18 pm

natashka85 wrote:And yea i forgot to mention save that google and dictionary for your Rc,u are cocky too,that won`t get you anywhere in life .lol
Good luck with whatever you choose to do in life

Ph297

New

Post by Ph297 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:43 pm

Natashka, what prep courses have u taken?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ph297

New

Post by Ph297 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:45 pm

dingbat wrote:
Ph297 wrote:Hahaha this is so absurd and a perfect example of the bullshit that gets thrown around on these boards. "I'm not gonna pay tolls to deal with asshole, I mean, I could show him what's up and kick his ass but I'm not gonna pay TOLLS." Such a tough guy.
B) I live in NJ. I go to school in NY, so I'm typically there most days, but not in the holidays. You can ask any of the regulars here, or just dig through my post history, and you'll see I'm pretty consistent about that. why on earth would I pay $15 to go into the city to meet up with you? As I said before, if it doesn't inconvenience me, no problem, but you can't expect me to go out of my way, can you?
Do u go to nyu?

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:55 pm

no

natashka85

Bronze

Post by natashka85 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:58 pm

Ph297 wrote:
dingbat wrote:
Do u go to nyu?
I went to Harvard for undergrad,4.0 GPA,I took testmasters also checked Manhattan Lsat and Powerscore and many other sources.

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:12 pm

natashka85 wrote:I went to Harvard for undergrad,4.0 GPA,I took testmasters also checked Manhattan Lsat and Powerscore and many other sources.
And yet you don't understand such common terms as "most" and "majority".

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

natashka85

Bronze

Post by natashka85 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:25 pm

dingbat wrote:
natashka85 wrote:I went to Harvard for undergrad,4.0 GPA,I took testmasters also checked Manhattan Lsat and Powerscore and many other sources.
I do understand ,but u are the one who doesn`t understand between great majority and majority,and also u said sth negative about Dave Hall,why don`t u take the corner of 7th street and kiss his ass ,cause no matter how different his approach is from other courses he is much smarter than u ,u have a lot to learn from him.

natashka85

Bronze

Post by natashka85 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:27 pm

dingbat wrote:
also dont post in here any more ,u are not an lsat instructor but some stupid ass who will be an arrogant and dumb litigation pettifogger,don`t got to law school,we don`t need idiots there.

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:30 pm

natashka85 wrote:
dingbat wrote:
I do understand ,but u are the one who doesn`t understand between great majority and majority,and also u said sth negative about Dave Hall,why don`t u take the corner of 7th street and kiss his ass ,cause no matter how different his approach is from other courses he is much smarter than u ,u have a lot to learn from him.
A) I understand the difference between Majority and Great Majority, but apparently you don't. I suggest you look the words up in a dictionary.
B) the reason I said something negative about Dave Hall is because he got caught falsifying his LSAT record and lying about his scores. I don't know if he's smarter than me, but he certainly has less integrity, so I have absolutely no intention of ever signing up to learn anything from him.

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:32 pm

natashka85 wrote:
dingbat wrote:
also dont post in here any more ,u are not an lsat instructor but some stupid ass who will be an arrogant and dumb litigation pettifogger,don`t got to law school,we don`t need idiots there.
stupid I may be, but I'm not above checking to verify whether or not I'm right (I am). I also have no intention of going into litigation, so you don't need to worry about that part. Oh, and I already attend a law school.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

natashka85

Bronze

Post by natashka85 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:34 pm

dingbat wrote:
natashka85 wrote:
dingbat wrote:
A) I understand the difference between Majority and Great Majority, but apparently you don't. I suggest you look the words up in a dictionary.
B) the reason I said something negative about Dave Hall is because he got caught falsifying his LSAT record and lying about his scores. I don't know if he's smarter than me, but he certainly has less integrity, so I have absolutely no intention of ever signing up to learn anything from him.
he didn`t get caught up falsifying,the Lsac didn`t release his score for a while and he guessed on that,but he has 5 scores which are higher than 175,so don`t talk if u don`t know what`s going on there.
Second i am not gonna deal with dumb intellect,u don`t deserve the privilege of my time.

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:43 pm

natashka85 wrote: he didn`t get caught up falsifying,the Lsac didn`t release his score for a while and he guessed on that,but he has 5 scores which are higher than 175,so don`t talk if u don`t know what`s going on there.
Second i am not gonna deal with dumb intellect,u don`t deserve the privilege of my time.
http://onellp.com/main/wp-content/uploa ... locity.pdf
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &start=125
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=183119

ScottRiqui

Gold

Post by ScottRiqui » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:49 pm

"Great majority" doesn't have a strict definition, but it might help to remember that "great" is referring to the relative size of the group within the whole, not the actual number itself.

There are 143 million women in the U.S., which is a great number, but it's only a very slight majority (50.9%) compared to the number of men. Likewise, the "great majority" (~98%) of U.S. Presidents have been white males, even though there have only been 43 of them.

natashka85

Bronze

Post by natashka85 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:59 pm

dingbat wrote:
natashka85 wrote: he didn`t get caught up falsifying,the Lsac didn`t release his score for a while and he guessed on that,but he has 5 scores which are higher than 175,so don`t talk if u don`t know what`s going on there.
http://onellp.com/main/wp-content/uploa ... locity.pdf
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &start=125
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=183119
He scored over a 170 ,he is definitely smart and bright ,so u are just pissed off about dave thats why u can`t sleep at nights,lol

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:09 pm

He may be smart, but he's not very bright considering he falsified his score when he didn't have to.
I scored well enough (without any prep classes) that I'm ok with my score, and I'm not easily impressed just because someone has an aptitude for standardized tests.
I also sleep perfectly fine, most nights, but I appreciate your concern

(edited to correct spellchecker)
Last edited by dingbat on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

natashka85

Bronze

Post by natashka85 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:15 pm

ScottRiqui wrote:"Great majority" doesn't have a strict definition, but it might help to remember that "great" is referring to the relative size of the group within the whole, not the actual number itself.

There are 143 million women in the U.S., which is a great number, but it's only a very slight majority (50.9%) compared to the number of men. Likewise, the "great majority" (~98%) of U.S. Presidents have been white males, even though there have only been 43 of them.
1)Great majority of Americans like Obama.(40 percent)
2)Slight majority hates him 30 percent
3)30 percent is neutral doesn`t feel anything about him
So in this scenario great majority doesn`t have to be most of the people which includes 50 plus 1.
That`s where u are wrong.
Last edited by natashka85 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

natashka85

Bronze

Post by natashka85 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:17 pm

dingbat wrote:He may be smart, but he's not very bright considering he falsified his score when he Disney have to.
I scored well enough (without any prep classes) that I'm ok with my score, and I'm not easily impressed just because someone has an aptitude for standardized tests.
I also sleep perfectly fine, most nights, but I appreciate your concern
U didn`t score a 170 ,that`s for sure ,so please shut up and live your life ,no wonder people like you become ``kick my ass ``attorneys.

ScottRiqui

Gold

Post by ScottRiqui » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:21 pm

natashka85 wrote:
ScottRiqui wrote:"Great majority" doesn't have a strict definition, but it might help to remember that "great" is referring to the relative size of the group within the whole, not the actual number itself.

1)Great majority of americans like Obama.(40 percent)
So in this scenario great majority doesn`t have to be most of the people which includes 50 plus 1.
Case 1) from your example isn't a majority, it's a plurality.
Case 2) isn't any kind of a majority at all.

When you're talking about a population 'X':

"None of X" means zero percent.
"Some of X" means a percentage greater than zero (could be as high as 100%, although it's not commonly used that way)
"Majority of X" or "Most of X" means some percentage greater than 50%.

"Great majority", "vast majority", or "overwhelming majority" don't have strict definitions, other than the fact that they are majorities (greater than 50%). Personally, I wouldn't use "great majority" unless the majority was more than 80% of the population, and I would save "vast" and "overwhelming" for cases where the majority is greater than 95% of the population.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

natashka85

Bronze

Post by natashka85 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:24 pm

ScottRiqui wrote:
natashka85 wrote:

1)Great majority of americans like Obama.(40 percent)
Case 1) from you example isn't a majority, it's a plurality.
Case 2) isn't any kind of a majority at all.

When you're talking about a population 'X':

"None of X" means zero percent.
"Some of X" means a percentage greater than zero (could be as high as 100%, although it's not commonly used that way)
"Majority of X" or "Most of X" means some percentage greater than 50%.

"Great majority", "vast majority", or "overwhelming majority" don't have strict definitions, other than the fact that they are majorities (greater than 50%). Personally, I wouldn't use "great majority" unless the majority was more than 80% of the population, and I would save "vast" and "overwhelming" for cases where the majority is greater than 95% of the population.
I understand what u mean,but when we say a great majority of girls we don``t know a great majority of what number which makes me conclude that it could be most of them but doesn`t have to be most of them.

suralin

Diamond

Post by suralin » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:26 pm

natashka85 wrote:
dingbat wrote:
LOL seems legit

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:28 pm

natashka85 wrote:I understand what u mean,but when we say a great majority of girls we don``t know a great majority of what number which makes me conclude that it could be most of them but doesn`t have to be most of them.
Your conclusion is wrong. Rather than listen to pretty much everyone on this website who has told you this, you just buckle down and stick with your opinion, even though it's factually incorrect. The very definition of majority means most. It is linguistically impossible to have a majority and it not be most

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”