does this happen to you?

lawschoolplease1

does this happen to you?

Postby lawschoolplease1 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:55 am

So I took a timed PT, and did OK, not great, but nothing to cry over.
My point is, though, that across all sections, the things that I got wrong are all so careless!
I can't believe the things I got wrong!
On the games, I had miscounted and chose the wrong answers when I had the right amount on my diagrams.
On the RC, I was pressed for time and it seems like I just chose whatever answer seemed "close enough" and moved on.
On the LR, I got 4 wrong, but all 4 were pretty careless.

Does this happen to anyone else?
What can i do in terms of preparation to avoid this?

Typhoon24

Re: does this happen to you?

Postby Typhoon24 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:43 am

Of course this happens to everyone. All the time. For example, when I get to the 20th question in a LR section, I sometimes misread an inference question for a strengthen one or vice versa and get it wrong, etc. The solution is simple: Realize your error and take an active effort to be focused during your LSAT prep. This is something that is improved by doing this over a decent period of time.

lawschoolplease1

Postby lawschoolplease1 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:55 am

:(
i guess this is all a part of the prep.
i think realizing you knew the answers when you review the test is worse than trying to figure out why you got something wrong.

Typhoon24

Postby Typhoon24 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:01 am

Yup, it's like being punched in the stomach.

griffin.811

Postby griffin.811 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:38 pm

lawschoolplease1 wrote:So I took a timed PT, and did OK, not great, but nothing to cry over.
My point is, though, that across all sections, the things that I got wrong are all so careless!
I can't believe the things I got wrong!
On the games, I had miscounted and chose the wrong answers when I had the right amount on my diagrams.
On the RC, I was pressed for time and it seems like I just chose whatever answer seemed "close enough" and moved on.
On the LR, I got 4 wrong, but all 4 were pretty careless.

Does this happen to anyone else?
What can i do in terms of preparation to avoid this?

Happens to me all the time too. Unfortunately, it happens even when I'm just drilling and I know fatigue hasn't set in. Unfortunately, I'm also notorious for adding variables to games that were never there. For instance if a game says "FGHKL and M go to..." I may accidentally throw a J in while writing the variables down.

What has helped me so far is to write the number of variables I should have and do a quick comparison before attacking questions. Also just take a quick sec to double check your answer sheet w/ your diagrams. It's worth the time in my opinion.

Postby 03152016 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:53 pm

Last edited by 03152016 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

griffin.811

Postby griffin.811 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:52 pm

Just did this again on Montreal Vancouver Toronto game. had them all correct on diagram, then incorrectly bubbled the scantron. I'm pretty sure this is fatigue though, been at this all day.

Fortunately, I'm just drilling, but it still doesn't look good in my log. :evil: :evil:

lawschoolplease1

Postby lawschoolplease1 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:23 pm

do you guys fill in the bubbles as you go, or do you do it all at the end? for me, i like to do it all at the end in case i want to change the answer when i go back to different questions, but this is banking on the assumption that i'll have time left. hasn't been a problem yet, but can't guarantee anything on testday...

griffin.811

Postby griffin.811 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:44 pm

lawschoolplease1 wrote:do you guys fill in the bubbles as you go, or do you do it all at the end? for me, i like to do it all at the end in case i want to change the answer when i go back to different questions, but this is banking on the assumption that i'll have time left. hasn't been a problem yet, but can't guarantee anything on testday...

Fill in as I go. If there is time at the end, I double check the problems I wasn't too sure on. I usually just make a note in the margin for these.

lawschoolplease1

Postby lawschoolplease1 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:52 am

griffin.811 wrote:Fill in as I go. If there is time at the end, I double check the problems I wasn't too sure on. I usually just make a note in the margin for these.

doesn't that eat up a lot of time?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”