Any success getting record of score cancellation removed?

RPK

Any success getting record of score cancellation removed?

Postby RPK » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:24 pm

I had a crazy experience at my first LSAT- October 2012 at Talmudic College in Miami, Fl. We were sharing a room with a daycare center. You heard right, there were toddlers running around, crying, screaming, laughing in the adjacent room. The proctor had to go next door repeatedly and beg the teacher to quiet the kids down. They went outside, but being south florida during hurricane season, the skies opened up and it started to pour. Kids came right back in and proceeded to be kids.

Obviously I cancelled my score and retook in December. Here's the issue: I want LSAC to remove all records of that test from my file. It was not a fair shot at the test. I didn't cancel because I wasn't prepared or had a panic attack or thought I could do better. I cancelled because LSAC administered the test in a completely inappropriate and unsuitable location. (Not to mention that the 'talmudic college' is not actually a college. It's the living room of a residential house where post high schools kids study talmud in groups. We had to remove fancy white table cloths from the tables before beginning the test because it would be impossible to bubble in the answer sheet... you get the idea, totally unprofessional!)

LSAC also claims I'm the first person to complain about this test center, but I see two other threads here where others write of complaining to LSAC about exactly the same issues! Should I go through the effort of proving LSAC is lying to me? Do I have any chance of overturning their decision and getting the record of my October cancellation removed? I want to hear that it's a possibility before getting on the war path. TIA

(If you're wondering why I'm so desperate to remove the cancellation, it's because I want to retake in June and shoot for top 5 next cycle. Three LSAT attempts won't look good.)

scottyc66

Re: Any success getting record of score cancellation removed?

Postby scottyc66 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:31 pm

Three attempts really doesn't look that bad and you can always write an addendum.

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:38 pm

There recently was a similar thread, not about your location but something similar, and I couldn't find it in a quick search. If I'm remembering correctly, LSAC allowed for an addendum that they signed off on to be sent with that score cancel, or something, which looked better than a regular addendum.

Also, as the previous commenter said, 3 scores isn't that bad, and probably won't harm you at all.

RPK

Postby RPK » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:02 pm

That's a great idea- have LSAC attach an official addendum for me. Thanks.

About the 3 scores, I still would rather have two... but now I'm mostly pissed that they claim they have never received any similar complaints about this testing location. I have communication from other TLS posters proving that they did! I also have a serious problem with them knowing about the unsuitability of a testing location and continuing to use it.

Still curious if anyone has heard of a cancellation being removed from the record.

For all future testers googling their test locations, this is for you: WARNING: DO NOT TEST AT TALMUDIC COLLEGE IN MIAMIA, FLORIDA! You're welcome.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”