blueprint books only , worth it?

AlanA0203

blueprint books only , worth it?

Postby AlanA0203 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:48 pm

hey kids,

gearing back up to retake june 2012 lsat after canceling my dec score. So far I've studied about 3mos on velocity's program

while taking about 15 preptests and have increased my score from a 147 to 158. LG is by far my weakest section with an avg of -10

as far as LR I still suck at flaw, parallel, and strengthen questions. Velocity has helped immensely and I've played around with manhattan & PS but I feel as if I need a different angle to approach these questions (and keep me motivated). My question is would purchasing blueprint books (on ebay or craigslist) be worth it.

sidenote; purchasing said books will not give me access to their web content because it would be from a third party. I've already shelled out big money for velocity so I dont want to spend another thousand on prep materials.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
deuces

lsatkid007

Re: blueprint books only , worth it?

Postby lsatkid007 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:00 am

Hey AlanA0203
I have taken the BP online course. If you're talking about the books from the online course then it depends on how much your spending. Most of the meat is in the BP movie. The books just mostly have questions broken down by type for LR, the games by type and RC by structure type and the answers unfortunately don't have any detail explanations in the book. However, the BP Movie and website has everything. Hope this helps.

Good Luck

AlanA0203

Postby AlanA0203 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:13 am

yea theyd be the books that go along w. the online course ive seen the books listed for $150 to 300 . thx for the info, it seems the course is video dominant so I guess it would suck w/o the vids and web access

lsatkid007

Postby lsatkid007 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:20 am

I'm afraid so my friend. However, there is a BP instructor who give advice on this site named "BP Shinners" and he is a beast. Dude f****** kicks ass. You can ask him any questions you might have.

Good Luck

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:49 pm

I actually think our books are fairly comprehensive and don't really need the videos for the methods themselves (don't NEED them; they're extremely helpful to clarify the books and provide additional examples). However, without the video, you'll lack all question explanations. That's why the books aren't ideal by themselves - they can get you the method, but they can't help you practice it (other than giving you the questions).

If you have any questions about the video, though, more than happy to answer!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”