looking for advice from someone who improved from 150-170+ Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
itachiuchiha

Silver

looking for advice from someone who improved from 150-170+

Post by itachiuchiha » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:37 am

how did you manage to do it?
I am consistently missing about 10 questions on each of my LR (after finishing the powerscore LR book)
I miss around 10 on RC
And around 7-13 on LG

looking for advice
anything will help

I test in June for the first time

mindarmed

Silver

Re: looking for advice from someone who improved from 150-170+

Post by mindarmed » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:50 am

Search

itachiuchiha

Silver

Post by itachiuchiha » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:54 am

armedwithamind wrote:Search
try searching numbers

blackandstrong

Bronze

Post by blackandstrong » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:05 am

itachiuchiha wrote:
armedwithamind wrote:Search
try searching numbers
I know you don't want to do this, but I just got a private tutor. :D

Anonimo

New

Post by Anonimo » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:14 am

Is 150 where you got after studying a lot?

I improved from a low 150s to low 170s on Preps. I scored considerably less on the real LSAT. If you have studied your ass off (6months, all bibles, 25 hours a week, and competed the kaplan mastery book(is that how its titled?)) and 150 is the best you can achieved, I sincerely see little chance of you attaining 170+.

Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

blackandstrong

Bronze

Post by blackandstrong » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:18 am

Anonimo wrote:Is 150 where you got after studying a lot?

I improved from a low 150s to low 170s on Preps. I scored considerably less on the real LSAT. If you have studied your ass off (6months, all bibles, 25 hours a week, and competed the kaplan mastery book(is that how its titled?)) and 150 is the best you can achieved, I sincerely see little chance of you attaining 170+.

Good luck!
Lies and fallacies.

bobbypin

Bronze

Post by bobbypin » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:42 am

Try the ManhattanLSAT LR book. It really helped me.

PickMe!

Bronze

Post by PickMe! » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:52 am

blackandstrong wrote:

Good luck!
Lies and fallacies.

:lol:

Anonimo

New

Post by Anonimo » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:48 pm

blackandstrong wrote:

Good luck!
Lies and fallacies.
I didn't say it was certain that he wouldn't score 170. Its certainly possible you can achive 170+ but with the scenario I put out (if true), how likely? I'm just being honest. Everyone wants to achieve 170+ but only 2% does. If you have a lot of time and money and attending law school is your dream, I would suggest you devote yourself to studying aiming for that 170. I have nothing against you and I wish you do well on the LSAT. Good Luck.

PS I studied 3 months and never achieved 170+. I followed the pithypikes guide available on this website for the next 3 months and I ended up consistently scoring higher.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

itachiuchiha

Silver

Post by itachiuchiha » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:49 pm

Anonimo wrote:
blackandstrong wrote:

Good luck!
Lies and fallacies.
I didn't say it was certain that he wouldn't score 170. Its certainly possible you can achive 170+ but with the scenario I put out (if true), how likely? I'm just being honest. Everyone wants to achieve 170+ but only 2% does. If you have a lot of time and money and attending law school is your dream, I would suggest you devote yourself to studying aiming for that 170. I have nothing against you and I wish you do well on the LSAT. Good Luck.

PS I studied 3 months and never achieved 170+. I followed the pithypikes guide available on this website for the next 3 months and I ended up consistently scoring higher.

I only finished the LR bible

Anonimo

New

Post by Anonimo » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:16 pm

then you have a lot of room to improve. LG is usually the part that people improve the most then LR.

justonemoregame

Silver

Post by justonemoregame » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:34 pm

I'd recommend taking a break from timing full sections for two months. I would drill LR by type - if you work on Weaken questions one day, work only on Weaken questions. Give a full day or two to each type of question - break them down and pore over every word. Know why each wrong answer is wrong and why the credited answer is correct. Take notes, review the notes.

Same thing on games, do as many as you can untimed. Do them over and over again like a robot.

RC - toughest for me to improve; I tried a number of diff. strategies until I found one that I was most comfortable and confident using.

PickMe!

Bronze

Post by PickMe! » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:20 pm

justonemoregame wrote:I'd recommend taking a break from timing full sections for two months. I would drill LR by type - if you work on Weaken questions one day, work only on Weaken questions. Give a full day or two to each type of question - break them down and pore over every word. Know why each wrong answer is wrong and why the credited answer is correct. Take notes, review the notes.

Same thing on games, do as many as you can untimed. Do them over and over again like a robot.

RC - toughest for me to improve; I tried a number of diff. strategies until I found one that I was most comfortable and confident using.
He can do both, so far as LR is concerned. Clock how long it takes you to answer each question type accurately. For this you'll need a stop watch; I added one to my computer. As soon as you finish the question, stop the clock and check your answer. If you're anything over 1:20, you should probably focus your prep toward improving on those type questions. I made a game of it. It's perfect with cultivating the "attack" and pacing you'll need for the LSAT.

With RC, you've got to push yourself, albeit in a short time, to a place in your mind where you love reading EVERYTHING, I mean everything. I know it sounds crazy, but it works. Whenever there is an opportunity for you to read, read. Put the CC on your television, turn off the sound, and read a program or two. Find a novel and read it nightly. Read articles in The Economist, on NPR, the BBC, the Times. Focus on diversifying your reading as well. Read a Science article from one site, a Global article on another, a Business one on the third, then a Law or Political one on the last. As you're reading, smile and tell yourself you love to read. Also, go back to doing what we learned to do in grade school; put your finger under each word, only now focus on quickly moving your finger from left to right as a means of increasing speed, yes, even on the computer screen. It works. Before you know it, the LSAT readings will be like reading grade 2 stuff. Moreover, you'll find yourself saying, " I read about this before," and you become all the more engaged in the readings.

LG, you're fucked. Lol :lol:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

natashka85

Bronze

Post by natashka85 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:41 pm

U definitely can,dont listen to people who are pessimistic,search ,check every single lsat book and online course,lsat is not a test that checks what u know it only checks how well u separate the wrong answers from the right one,so with this idea in your mind find the right way to approach this test and dont listen to others,everybody becomes sort of devious when it comes to a 170 on the lsat,just because they didnt do it doesnt mean u cant do that,good luck.

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:49 pm

Powerscore bibles

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”