Advice on taking February LSAT

WhitneyB

Advice on taking February LSAT

Postby WhitneyB » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:25 pm

Hi there.

I am looking to take the LSAT in February to see what possible late decisions I could possibly have. I am working full time at the moment so there really isn't a rush in going back to school ASAP, but I'd like to see what possibilities there would still be in applying late.

My question is: if you have less than 2 months to study - what is the best route to go?

I was looking at courses. They are $1200-1400 in my area. Are these worth the money? (Princeton Review in specific) Or is it a better option to buy books / practice tests and hammer at it alone?

Teflon_Don

Re: Advice on taking February LSAT

Postby Teflon_Don » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:36 pm

WhitneyB wrote:Hi there.

I am looking to take the LSAT in February to see what possible late decisions I could possibly have. I am working full time at the moment so there really isn't a rush in going back to school ASAP, but I'd like to see what possibilities there would still be in applying late.

My question is: if you have less than 2 months to study - what is the best route to go?

I was looking at courses. They are $1200-1400 in my area. Are these worth the money? (Princeton Review in specific) Or is it a better option to buy books / practice tests and hammer at it alone?

Have you taken a diagnostic? What is your realistic goal?

WhitneyB

Postby WhitneyB » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:42 pm

When I took the diagnostic, I was at 162. My goal would be hitting somewhere between 165-170. That range would more than likely be considered "safe" for my target schools (SMU, South Texas, Houston, Baylor).

I have done some studying before, but it was about a year and a half ago. I took a course in Spring 2011 that I did not find incredibly useful other than the handbook I received which I can still use to study for Feb. So I do have a good basis of knowledge of the material so I am not going in completely blind at this point.

Teflon_Don

Postby Teflon_Don » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:46 pm

WhitneyB wrote:When I took the diagnostic, I was at 162. My goal would be hitting somewhere between 165-170. That range would more than likely be considered "safe" for my target schools (SMU, South Texas, Houston, Baylor).

I have done some studying before, but it was about a year and a half ago. I took a course in Spring 2011 that I did not find incredibly useful other than the handbook I received which I can still use to study for Feb. So I do have a good basis of knowledge of the material so I am not going in completely blind at this point.

I would get the Manhattan guides and start studying ASAP. You can definitely break 170 with that high of diagnostic. I started at 151 and scored a 169 on the real thing. And even with a 162 you're a lock at those schools. I got a full ride from Baylor & UT thus far, so work hard and get that 170+! Good luck

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”