Guess my December LSAT score

User avatar
LionelHutzJD
Posts: 652
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:37 am

Guess my December LSAT score

Postby LionelHutzJD » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:47 am

RC -14 (yes i bombed it)
LR -5
LR2 -8
LG -5

GO!

Trout et al
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:36 pm

Re: Guess my December LSAT score

Postby Trout et al » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:51 am

.
Last edited by Trout et al on Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Guess my December LSAT score

Postby Nova » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:10 am

156

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Guess my December LSAT score

Postby sinfiery » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:46 am

since -14 is assumed to be below your PT avg via "bombed it"


your score is: retake

User avatar
gguuueessttt
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Re: Guess my December LSAT score

Postby gguuueessttt » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:32 am

sinfiery wrote:since -14 is assumed to be below your PT avg via "bombed it"


your score is: retake


retake with a side of probably should've cancelled.

User avatar
CyanIdes Of March
Posts: 743
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Guess my December LSAT score

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:02 am

gguuueessttt wrote:
sinfiery wrote:since -14 is assumed to be below your PT avg via "bombed it"


your score is: retake


retake with a side of probably should've cancelled.


Ha

But yea, you think you went -14 on the RC and didn't cancel?

User avatar
LionelHutzJD
Posts: 652
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:37 am

Re: Guess my December LSAT score

Postby LionelHutzJD » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:40 pm

I could not bring myself to cancel the test. If I end up retaking how much will a bad score affect me?

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Guess my December LSAT score

Postby Nova » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:26 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:I could not bring myself to cancel the test. If I end up retaking how much will a bad score affect me?


it wont

User avatar
CyanIdes Of March
Posts: 743
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Guess my December LSAT score

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:08 pm

It probably wont, but it can't help, and if you know it's going to be weak...

Guess it depends how certain you were and what your other test (if any) were.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Guess my December LSAT score

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:29 pm

CyanIdes Of March wrote:It probably wont, but it can't help, and if you know it's going to be weak...

Guess it depends how certain you were and what your other test (if any) were.

Actually, having the breakdown and results of an actual, most current LSAT administration is incredibly helpful. It's worth having to write a three line addendum that no one will care about anyway.

User avatar
CyanIdes Of March
Posts: 743
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Guess my December LSAT score

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:47 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
CyanIdes Of March wrote:It probably wont, but it can't help, and if you know it's going to be weak...

Guess it depends how certain you were and what your other test (if any) were.

Actually, having the breakdown and results of an actual, most current LSAT administration is incredibly helpful. It's worth having to write a three line addendum that no one will care about anyway.


If he's able to/plans to re-take.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Guess my December LSAT score

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:51 pm

CyanIdes Of March wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
CyanIdes Of March wrote:It probably wont, but it can't help, and if you know it's going to be weak...

Guess it depends how certain you were and what your other test (if any) were.

Actually, having the breakdown and results of an actual, most current LSAT administration is incredibly helpful. It's worth having to write a three line addendum that no one will care about anyway.


If he's able to/plans to re-take.

He is. The conversation quickly moved to "why didn't you cancel." Just wanted to point out to any future searchers that there are very, very few instances where canceling is the best choice.

User avatar
CyanIdes Of March
Posts: 743
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Guess my December LSAT score

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:00 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
CyanIdes Of March wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
CyanIdes Of March wrote:It probably wont, but it can't help, and if you know it's going to be weak...

Guess it depends how certain you were and what your other test (if any) were.

Actually, having the breakdown and results of an actual, most current LSAT administration is incredibly helpful. It's worth having to write a three line addendum that no one will care about anyway.


If he's able to/plans to re-take.

He is. The conversation quickly moved to "why didn't you cancel." Just wanted to point out to any future searchers that there are very, very few instances where canceling is the best choice.


Is there any concrete proof that considerably worse scores don't hurt your chances? I know they only take the highest score for ranking purposes, but I haven't seen any evidence that schools at every level give no credence to much lower scores. Some have claimed HYS do, for instance.

User avatar
LionelHutzJD
Posts: 652
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:37 am

Re: Guess my December LSAT score

Postby LionelHutzJD » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:34 pm

Please don't even mention the word retake. I can't believe I studied for 7 months and ended up bombing a section. This shit is not standardized

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Guess my December LSAT score

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:36 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:Please don't even mention the word retake. I can't believe I studied for 7 months and ended up bombing a section. This shit is not standardized

What was your experimental? And was RC your first section? So many ways you could have been psyched out…

User avatar
LionelHutzJD
Posts: 652
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:37 am

Re: Guess my December LSAT score

Postby LionelHutzJD » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:33 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
LionelHutzJD wrote:Please don't even mention the word retake. I can't believe I studied for 7 months and ended up bombing a section. This shit is not standardized

What was your experimental? And was RC your first section? So many ways you could have been psyched out…



My experimental was LR and my first section was RC. That was by far the hardest RC section I have ever done. The first passage was so convoluted. What exactly was the authors point? It just seemed like there was no real point and it was very confusing. I was trying to remind myself of the Mexican proverb passage (from a few tests back) but it was not like that at all.
The Second passage on the science of plants and their relationships with insects was very confusing. I could not make the connection between the two.
By the time i got to the third passage i was already pissed and then started to read economic ideas that I could not grasp.

I ended up guessing I think the last 5 of the 3rd passage and the entire 4th passage. It was horror. I got very hot and overwhelmed, felt like walking out. When the second section started (LR) I must have read the first question 10 times because My mind was fucked. Lets hope that section was experimental (first question was on coffee and choc. can someone confirm experimental?).

Trout et al
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:36 pm

Re: Guess my December LSAT score

Postby Trout et al » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:57 pm

.
Last edited by Trout et al on Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CyanIdes Of March
Posts: 743
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Guess my December LSAT score

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:21 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:(first question was on coffee and choc. can someone confirm experimental?).


It's been a while so my memory is starting to fade, but I don't explicitely remember a coffee/choc question. Had RC as my exp. Have any other topics you remember?

Also, their should be a thread somewhere around here that sheds light on which of the 3 LRs was the ex.

User avatar
LionelHutzJD
Posts: 652
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:37 am

Re: Guess my December LSAT score

Postby LionelHutzJD » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:03 pm

CyanIdes Of March wrote:
LionelHutzJD wrote:(first question was on coffee and choc. can someone confirm experimental?).


It's been a while so my memory is starting to fade, but I don't explicitely remember a coffee/choc question. Had RC as my exp. Have any other topics you remember?

Also, their should be a thread somewhere around here that sheds light on which of the 3 LRs was the ex.



I just remember the first question being on coffee and chocolate




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ltowns1, Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests