Which prepcourse should I take? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
eric922

Bronze

Which prepcourse should I take?

Post by eric922 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:06 pm

I'm planning on taking a course for the June LSAT and the ones offered near me are Princeton Review, TestMasters, and Kaplan. I've heard good things about Manhattan, but I'd rather do an actual class as opposed to the online course. I wish there was one near me, because I do like their books. Anyway out of those three which do you recommend? I've heard some bad things about Kaplan so I'm leaning towards Testmasters, but I just wanted to see if anyone had another opinion. I've heard Kaplan is more geared towards the 160ish range and my goal is at least 170. I don't know if that makes a difference in courses or not, but I figured I'd put it out there in case it did.

BlaqBella

Silver

Re: Which prepcourse should I take?

Post by BlaqBella » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:11 am

Manhattan LSAT (online) --> Testmasters.

Forget about Kaplan and PR. A waste of time and money.

jkpolk

Silver

Post by jkpolk » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:14 am

Do the prep yourself from the guides in the forum. There's no reason to sit through the inefficiency that is a prep class.

willwash

Bronze

Post by willwash » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:12 pm

polkij333 wrote:Do the prep yourself from the guides in the forum. There's no reason to sit through the inefficiency that is a prep class.
This. I recommend MLSATs study guides, esp for LR. A class is just a way to pay thousands of dollars to do what many/most of us are doing just for the cost of the Camridge bundle and a few books (maybe 150-200 bucks, tops)

lawschoolgrind

New

Post by lawschoolgrind » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:44 pm

eric922 wrote:I'm planning on taking a course for the June LSAT and the ones offered near me are Princeton Review, TestMasters, and Kaplan. I've heard good things about Manhattan, but I'd rather do an actual class as opposed to the online course. I wish there was one near me, because I do like their books. Anyway out of those three which do you recommend? I've heard some bad things about Kaplan so I'm leaning towards Testmasters, but I just wanted to see if anyone had another opinion. I've heard Kaplan is more geared towards the 160ish range and my goal is at least 170. I don't know if that makes a difference in courses or not, but I figured I'd put it out there in case it did.
I would suggest Testmasters, but only once you have made it to at least the mid-160s through your own prep. Otherwise it will be useless. I took it and it jumped me up 10 points, so it was worth it. I also studied the Bibles as well. Very good books. And most importantly, practice exams at LEAST twice a week! :)

Typhoon24

Silver

Post by Typhoon24 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:55 pm

No prep courses.

powerscore bibles -> manhattan strategy guides.

The books are written in a conversational way so you feel like someone is standing in front of you teaching the material.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”