Testing @ Richmond Law School or William & Mary?

User avatar
ScottRiqui
Posts: 3640
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Testing @ Richmond Law School or William & Mary?

Postby ScottRiqui » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:26 pm

Has anyone here ever taken the LSAT at either of these two schools? If so, what was your impression of the facility and testing conditions?

Taking the test in June limits my choice of location, and those two are the only ones where I'd feel comfortable driving in on the day of the test, rather than getting a hotel room the night before.

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Testing @ Richmond Law School or William & Mary?

Postby NoodleyOne » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:22 am

U of R was pretty good. Two large lecture halls with tables, big clock on the wall and plenty of space.

User avatar
sl5uw13
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: Testing @ Richmond Law School or William & Mary?

Postby sl5uw13 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:28 am

I took my first at w&m and my second at Richmond. Both were really good and had good proctors, but Richmond had way more space and there were less people than w&m. I'd recommend Richmond!

User avatar
sl5uw13
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: Testing @ Richmond Law School or William & Mary?

Postby sl5uw13 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:29 am

also if you're driving yourself, Richmond has better parking. all of the parking near the w&m test center was faculty/staff parking.

User avatar
ScottRiqui
Posts: 3640
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Re: Testing @ Richmond Law School or William & Mary?

Postby ScottRiqui » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:33 am

Thanks for the replies - Richmond is only about a two-hour drive for me, so it'll be easy enough to go up the morning of the test (I'll go up once beforehand just to make sure where I'm going, though). Sounds like the facilities and parking are just what I was hoping for, too.

User avatar
willwash
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:51 pm

Re: Testing @ Richmond Law School or William & Mary?

Postby willwash » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:24 am

ODU is a great center too. For the Dec test I had half a table all to myself, big clock on the wall, and the proctors actually inadvertently gave us a few extra seconds:

"Now turn the page (brief pause); now read the instructions and begin work on section X; (pause) now" where at the utterance of "now" the 35 minutes began.

Of course as soon as I heard "turn the page", I was off to the races. It was probably only about 10 extra seconds, but that can easily make a 1 point raw score difference per section.

User avatar
ScottRiqui
Posts: 3640
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Re: Testing @ Richmond Law School or William & Mary?

Postby ScottRiqui » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:41 am

willwash wrote:ODU is a great center too. For the Dec test I had half a table all to myself, big clock on the wall, and the proctors actually inadvertently gave us a few extra seconds:

"Now turn the page (brief pause); now read the instructions and begin work on section X; (pause) now" where at the utterance of "now" the 35 minutes began.

Of course as soon as I heard "turn the page", I was off to the races. It was probably only about 10 extra seconds, but that can easily make a 1 point raw score difference per section.


I'd love to test at ODU, since it's fifteen minutes from my house, but they don't offer the June LSAT. I went ahead and signed up for Richmond yesterday, so that's out of the way.

d0rklord
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:31 pm

Re: Testing @ Richmond Law School or William & Mary?

Postby d0rklord » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:33 pm

ScottRiqui wrote:Thanks for the replies - Richmond is only about a two-hour drive for me, so it'll be easy enough to go up the morning of the test (I'll go up once beforehand just to make sure where I'm going, though). Sounds like the facilities and parking are just what I was hoping for, too.


Two hour drive!?!?!?

Considered staying the night in a hotel? :)

User avatar
ScottRiqui
Posts: 3640
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Re: Testing @ Richmond Law School or William & Mary?

Postby ScottRiqui » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:34 pm

d0rklord wrote:
ScottRiqui wrote:Thanks for the replies - Richmond is only about a two-hour drive for me, so it'll be easy enough to go up the morning of the test (I'll go up once beforehand just to make sure where I'm going, though). Sounds like the facilities and parking are just what I was hoping for, too.


Two hour drive!?!?!?

Considered staying the night in a hotel? :)


I really hadn't considered it for such a short drive, but I guess it's an option, just to make sure I'm as fresh as possible for the test.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests