Can I retain most of my LSAT knowledge for half a year?

crazi4law

Can I retain most of my LSAT knowledge for half a year?

Postby crazi4law » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:30 am

I have already studied for the LSAT for around 5 months now, and taken countless PTs. I've improved a lot from my initial diagnostic, but still have 5-7 points to gain to reach my target score to get into the T6. But for the next few months, I have to focus on more important things in my life and won't have time to study for the LSAT. If anyone has any experience with a similar situation, will I be able to retain my LSAT knowledge for the most part and test at around my PT average when I resume preparation around April/May, to take the June LSAT?

Cobretti

Re: Can I retain most of my LSAT knowledge for half a year?

Postby Cobretti » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:33 am

crazi4law wrote:I have already studied for the LSAT for around 5 months now, and taken countless PTs. I've improved a lot from my initial diagnostic, but still have 5-7 points to gain to reach my target score to get into the T6. But for the next few months, I have to focus on more important things in my life and won't have time to study for the LSAT. If anyone has any experience with a similar situation, will I be able to retain my LSAT knowledge for the most part and test at around my PT average when I resume preparation around April/May, to take the June LSAT?

You'll probably have to get back into it, but I think you'll still be in a good place. Maybe a few weeks to get back where you were, then improvement after that.

SumStalwart

Postby SumStalwart » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:20 am

mrizza wrote:You'll probably have to get back into it, but I think you'll still be in a good place. Maybe a few weeks to get back where you were, then improvement after that.

You could look at some LSAT problems during that time, just to keep fresh. However, it shouldn't take too long to get back into the LSAT groove.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:27 am

you will have to get back into it, but will clearly have a much more conrete standing when you come back to it.

nedzilla

Postby nedzilla » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:30 pm

I took a year off and was amazed at how little i remembered.

that was also because I wanted nothing to do with the LSAT for the year so that may have helped too.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:35 pm

Grant it I am not going to study for the LSAT, personally I realize how easy it is to forget the small nuiances of the test just by browsing the LSAT section of this thread after a few months since my last test.

bananashotgun

Postby bananashotgun » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:54 pm

i studied for about a month last year and was completely in the 150s (including the LSAT I took). Took 6 months off, reviewed for a few days and then had a few tests in the low 160s. so i guess it's possible and kind of worked for me, but i don't see any reason why you couldn't spend a couple hours a week just reading through your prep books to instill the fundamentals.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”