Can't decide which prep-class to take. Opinions?

LawyerBrah

Can't decide which prep-class to take. Opinions?

Postby LawyerBrah » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:31 pm

Last edited by LawyerBrah on Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bernaldiaz

Re: Can't decide which prep-class to take. Opinions?

Postby bernaldiaz » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:34 pm

LawyerBrah wrote:3.81 GPA at the moment (probably will be 3.83 after this semester)

Best section is logical reasoning followed by reading comprehension

Getting absolutely crushed in logic games

Only local class to me is Kaplan (10 minute drive)

It would take me an hour and a half each way to commute to NYC, which offers BluePrint, Manhattan LSAT, Powerscore, Testmasters, and pretty much everything else.

Is the commute worth it? Or should i just take the Kaplan

Do an online course over Kaplan. I took Velocity and loved it, but it seems like Manhattan is now the consensus best prep company around here.

eav1277

Postby eav1277 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:53 pm

I took blueprint online. It's not bad. It's a little pricey. I've heard good things about manhattan's online course also. At the same time if you are already pting at a good range, you might consider self studying.

Most people recommend the Manhattan prep books. If not the PS LG Bible and LR Bible.

Logic game video explanations are posted here if you have problems with any:
http://7sage.com/logic-game-explanations/

There are quite a few guides on tls (pithypike's is used quite often).

igo2northwestern

Postby igo2northwestern » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:00 pm

Testmasters kicks butt for LG (and LSAT test prep generally). I'd go with them, and I've looked at the other materials (PS Bibles, Blueprint). Haven't heard about Manhattan, so I can't comment on that test prep company.

Teflon_Don

Postby Teflon_Don » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:01 pm

do the online Manhattan course. They let you try out the first class for free, if you want

boblawlob

Postby boblawlob » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:57 pm

If LG is your weakest and LR is your strongest, you would do best with self studying and hiring a private tutor to fill in your gaps.

scottyc66

Postby scottyc66 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:00 pm

LawyerBrah wrote:3.81 GPA at the moment (probably will be 3.83 after this semester)

Best section is logical reasoning followed by reading comprehension

Getting absolutely crushed in logic games

Only local class to me is Kaplan (10 minute drive)

It would take me an hour and a half each way to commute to NYC, which offers BluePrint, Manhattan LSAT, Powerscore, Testmasters, and pretty much everything else.

Is the commute worth it? Or should i just take the Kaplan

Self-prep, man. If you go through the Logic Games Bible or Manhattan's LG Guide you'll be well on your way to crushing it. It's more methodical and easier to master than any other section, you should crush it

noobishned

Postby noobishned » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:07 pm

I am a big fan of self-prep. Your high GPA indicates to me that you are motivated enough to also do self prep. Buy one of LSAT blog's premium study guides if you need structure, but other than that you should be fine.

nedzilla

Postby nedzilla » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:11 pm

Just finished a 2 month Manhattan LSAT class a bit ago in NYC and was pretty happy with it, having a class to go to and participate with other students in made the experience more enjoyable rather than sitting in a room studying on your own personally. all the instructors seemed smart and capable as well. the facilities are nice and professional too. they do offer you to sit in on the first class for free, which I did and I highly recommend, its free so it cant hurt to try before spending all the money.

though if you already know the areas you are strong/weak at, i highly recommend maybe considering private sessions with a prep company or tutor, can get a much more personalized agenda that way. the class was more fun because you have other students to talk with and have a more grouped experience and can study together. on the other hand I was already proficient in LG and since much of the class was spent teaching games to those who had never done them before, if i had private sessions I could have spent more time on other areas that were in need of improvement.

I had previously taken a 1 month accelerated class at Princeton Review in New Orleans a year ago and felt that Manhattan had a much more concrete and functional syllabus that really covered all the material well and had better more in depth methods for LG and LR.

Felt way more confident going into this Decembers LSAT than last Decembers, in which my prep mostly consisted of rigorous self study (Bibles, Manhattan books, Cambridge, PT) last year, thanks to the confidence and skills Manhattan class gave me. Hope that helps.

LexLeon

Postby LexLeon » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:41 pm

PreProBono is awesome (in my experience with it), and not too expensive.

Grazzhoppa

Postby Grazzhoppa » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:50 pm

self prep with LG Bible and Manhattan LR. Also take plenty of practice tests.

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:52 pm

out of courses, i'd recommend Blueprint for LG hands down.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”