help - logic games

Awkward

help - logic games

Postby Awkward » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:25 am

I self studied for my October lsat and scored 160s. I mostly got points off from games - especially the Zones game. If I used infinite time I can do any logic game 100% accurate (usually no more than 15 minutes). I feel my big problem is how I set up the games and how that impacts speed. I was considering a February retake because if I was able to do better on games I could probably get 170s which could change a lot regarding scholarship and school rank. I've already applied and been accepted to some top 50 schools.

I was wondering if any one knew a video where a logic games master worked a game out in real time. I don't mean one with detailed explanations but rather just recorded themselves doing a really difficult logic game as they would on the exam. People claim to do entire games in 2-5minutes.. I just can't imagine. Or maybe someone would be willing to make a video?

/end late night rant

180wanabe

Re: help - logic games

Postby 180wanabe » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:43 pm

That's exactly what I am looking for. I hope you find it.

Awkward

Postby Awkward » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:31 pm

180wanabe wrote:That's exactly what I am looking for. I hope you find it.

I think it would be extremely useful. I understand games and can solve games but i think my technique is off

ScottRiqui

Postby ScottRiqui » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:58 pm

As much as I'd like to speed up my games too, I'm not seeing the added value in watching a recording of one being solved in "real time". If you think your technique is off, you can compare your technique to the solver's technique whether he's going full-speed or stopping to narrate each step.

If you're just looking to prove to yourself that games can be solved quickly, the video wouldn't help with that either, because you have no way of knowing whether the solver is truly tackling the game "cold", or if he's spent an hour mastering it before recording the video.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”