Retaking in Freburary, already applied

redline380
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:41 pm

Retaking in Freburary, already applied

Postby redline380 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:20 pm

How bad will this affect my application? My LSAT is low, at 153, and I am only applying to regional schools since I am really only interested in Minnesota. Schools I want to go to are William Mitchell, St. Thomas, UND, UMN but chances are slim. I have already applied to these schools, but let's say I retake in Feb. and score 160 or better. Do admissions committees look down on this or will it greatly increase my $$$ potential (and chance of admission in UMN's case)?

User avatar
boblawlob
Posts: 524
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Retaking in Freburary, already applied

Postby boblawlob » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:40 pm

redline380 wrote:How bad will this affect my application? My LSAT is low, at 153, and I am only applying to regional schools since I am really only interested in Minnesota. Schools I want to go to are William Mitchell, St. Thomas, UND, UMN but chances are slim. I have already applied to these schools, but let's say I retake in Feb. and score 160 or better. Do admissions committees look down on this or will it greatly increase my $$$ potential (and chance of admission in UMN's case)?

They don't look down on anything in terms of timing. If you have the score, you have the score. They might put away your app until you have a score, but they certainly don't "look down" on you for having a pending Feb LSAT score. They may, however, already be judging you based off of your current LSAT...but that in no way means they have made a decision pre-Feb LSAT.

Just study for the Feb LSAT and do your best. You got 2 months to make it count.

JDot
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Retaking in Freburary, already applied

Postby JDot » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:48 pm

I was wondering the exact same thing...I took the LSAT in oct. and did a lot worse than my lowest PT score, couldn't take the dec. test because I had prior obligations the 2 weekends leading up to it so I signed up for the feb. test and I'm in the process of applying now and asking them to defer my applications for full review until I get my feb. score, hoping they don't judge me too harshly on my oct. score before seeing my feb. score...




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests