Course or Powerscore or Both?

Course or Powerscore or Both?

Postby archieg » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:18 am

I've decided it might be best for me to take an LSAT course: I'm thinking either Blueprint or TestMasters, as I've heard these are the 2 best. Any advantages\disadvantages between the 2?

But my key question: I plan on taking the October 2013 test, and courses begin that July..... I graduate in May and will have 2 months of freedom. Should I hit the Powerscore\Manhattan books before to refresh my brain? Or should I just go into the class cold?

What was your experience like?

Thank you!

Re: Course or Powerscore or Both?

Postby gobuffs10 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:50 pm

I don't know about the classes you mentioned. I did a Power Score class, and to be honest, I think you're better off grabbing the Bibles and studying on your own. These classes are sometimes filled with a lot of less-than-bright kids who ask a ton of questions like it's a personal tutoring session. They can turn into a big waste of time. Of course, that was only my experience.

Postby TripTrip » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:20 pm

Last edited by TripTrip on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby spleenworship » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:21 pm

TripTrip wrote:fwiw, the highest scorers usually don't take a course. You get a lot more out of prep if you learn on your own.

The Powerscore bibles are great starting places.

Yeah, unless you really need the structure (which means law school might be hard for you), I'd recommend studying on your own.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:01 am

The biggest difference between any two courses will be the instructor. Regardless of the curriculum or other students, s/he will have the biggest impact on how you learn.

If you're considering a course, call up the companies and ask to sit in on a session with the instructor (or ask to talk with the instructor if a class isn't being run at the time). If they don't seem like they can teach the material, or they don't teach in a way that meshes with how you learn, it doesn't matter how good the books are.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”