Suggestions on how to pick up studying

esther0123

Suggestions on how to pick up studying

Postby esther0123 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:25 pm

Hi everyone,

I've studied over the summer May-September, thinking I would write the October writing, but decided not to because I did not feel ready. I hope to score in the 170s, at least low 170s, ideally mid... extremely ideally high 170s.

My very first cold diagnostics (at which point I haven't even seen a single LSAT question before) was in the 140s (I don't even remember the exact number since it was that terrible) and the last 5 practice tests I wrote had an average of 165. In the last few weeks of my studying, my score was either stagnant or declining... In my first round of studying, I definitely did not drill as much as others have suggested and rather relied on taking a series of PTs+reviewing them.

I peaked twice in low 170s, a hand full of high 160s, and mainly 163~166.

I fluctuated wildly in the logic game and reading comprehension, pretty consistent in logical reasoning (-2 ish in each section)

I have read the LGB, LRB, RCB already.

I realize that Manhattan is suggested for those aiming for the high score, but I was thinking of not starting to study until May and hope for the June writing.... This is because my school work is a little on the high side right now, thanks to a thesis, and I didn't want to jeopardize my grades in my final year.

Given that I will have roughly 1 month (or 5... if I choose to write October 2013, which I really don't!), what would be the best strategy to increase my score into the steady mid 170 range for PTs?

Thanks in advance!

NoodleyOne

Re: Suggestions on how to pick up studying

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:27 pm

Doing one month is stupid. Study more. Manhattan is credited as FUARK.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”