LG Trend Towards Early LSATs

megagnarley

LG Trend Towards Early LSATs

Postby megagnarley » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:26 pm

Having taken all the recent PT's and the real deal in both Oct in Dec, it seems to me that the trend in LG is reversing.

For a while it appeared as if LG had been getting more consistent in difficulty with sections comprised largely of a few medium difficulty games and a few just above medium difficulty. This led to a lot of quick set-ups, plug and chugs, and machine like efficiency.

With Zones and now Voicemails, however, in the past two tests, LSAT seems to be leaning towards the older LSATs by splitting the games into very easy/incredibly tough. The new games may not have as many key inferences as the old ones, but the convoluted wording and difficult set-ups are more than making up for the difficulty.

Not that the games aren't manageable, but they are certainly a far cry from the few years of likeness coming into this fall and important to be noted by future test takers.

Just my two cents.

Lyov Myshkin

Re: LG Trend Towards Early LSATs

Postby Lyov Myshkin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:44 pm

Actually, we've made a chart which could help you verify your claim: http://www.lsatqa.com/charts/lsats/performance-during-practice.

Interestingly, it looks to me that games did indeed seem more staggered in difficulty in the earlier years, then sorta equalized in difficulty (probably in the 40s, which would make sense) and become more staggered recently.

megagnarley

Postby megagnarley » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:27 pm

Lyov Myshkin wrote:Actually, we've made a chart which could help you verify your claim: http://www.lsatqa.com/charts/lsats/performance-during-practice.

Interestingly, it looks to me that games did indeed seem more staggered in difficulty in the earlier years, then sorta equalized in difficulty (probably in the 40s, which would make sense) and become more staggered recently.

Interesting.

THanks for sharing

CyanIdes Of March

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:10 pm

I don't remember exactly how long V/W took me but I don't remember it being that difficult. The thing that got me the most on it was having to read the rules over and over because I thought I was definitely going to mess something up, which perhaps I did. I know I had 11 minutes left for the last game though which took me to the very last second. For some reason terminology like "higher, lower, more, less, later, earlier" really confuses me during test. I've ruined 2 PTs because for some reason I inately thought 1 was "higher" than 3 or something dumb like that.

Still, the games weren't "difficult" like dinos, glass, or lizards. Even the last one was only long because it was so open.

megagnarley

Postby megagnarley » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:49 pm

CyanIdes Of March wrote:I don't remember exactly how long V/W took me but I don't remember it being that difficult. The thing that got me the most on it was having to read the rules over and over because I thought I was definitely going to mess something up, which perhaps I did. I know I had 11 minutes left for the last game though which took me to the very last second. For some reason terminology like "higher, lower, more, less, later, earlier" really confuses me during test. I've ruined 2 PTs because for some reason I inately thought 1 was "higher" than 3 or something dumb like that.

Still, the games weren't "difficult" like dinos, glass, or lizards. Even the last one was only long because it was so open.

Right. They don't seem as hard inherently but the difficulty seems to be coming int he form of the language. Looking at Zones and Voicemails, after the fact you can go back and do them pretty easily. But on test day with time constraints, expecting something straightforward and getting one of those games is a complete knuckleball. It's as if they are trying to make the stimules/set-up for these games as dense as possible, meaning you can't just read once and respond.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”