Any Europe/Middle East/Africa December LSAT takers? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Dsham4

New

Any Europe/Middle East/Africa December LSAT takers?

Post by Dsham4 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:44 pm

Hey everyone! So I'm a first time LSAT taker and new to this forum and I couldn't resist joining all of you because of how supportive you all are of each other. Kind of freaking out, to say the least...

Also, I noticed there has been little to no posts about the LSAT form administered in Europe/Middle East/Africa. I took mine in the Middle East and I can officially say, after obsessively going through the posts on this site, that it is different from both the Americas and Asia LSAT.

So... Anyone out there??? I want to compare notes with someone, anyone!

Thanks everyone!

312ldn

New

Re: Any Europe/Middle East/Africa December LSAT takers?

Post by 312ldn » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:08 pm

Hey! I took the lsat in London. Mine was set up as LR LG RC LR RC. So I know that one of the EVa was experimental and I had a total of 102 questions.

kwu

New

Post by kwu » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:46 pm

LR-LG-RC-LR-RC

pammie0415

Bronze

Post by pammie0415 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:57 pm

I took it in Asia. I'm pretty sure the LSAT tests in Asia are different from the Europe ones though. I got RC LG LR LR LG. Any other takers who took it in Asia want to weigh in on it?

Dsham4

New

Post by Dsham4 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:33 am

I actually had two RCs as well. My set-up was LG RC LR RC LR.
I had a total of 101 questions. LG 23 LR 25, 26 and RC 27. Is it possible we got different tests??

I remember a ridiculously over dramatic RC passage that I assumed was in the experimental section because it was unlike any other passage I had seen on the LSAT. They usually have such dry passages, but this one was like poetry.

I took a loooot of practice tests and to be honest with you, the actual LSAT felt ten times more straight-forward. There was nothing too difficult, the passages were interesting and pretty simple, and there wasn't one LG that had a twist or anything like that. I even remember thinking, is it possible they kind of "dumbed it down" in the assumption people here would speak English as a second language? Either my expectations were way too high or we're in for a terrible curve!

What did you guys think?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

312ldn

New

Post by 312ldn » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:54 am

Hey! Yeah I do think that they have different tests circulating throughout different regions of the world to try and minimise anyone's chances of cheating. I also did a lot of PTs prior to the test and I actually felt that LG was a lot more straightforward in my test than it was while I was PTing. LR was more or less the same - I'm thankful that I didn't find any completely out of this world mind boggling type of questions BUT I did find that a good deal of questions and answer choices were rather long in their wording. RC was just normal for me. I did have one passage that just didn't seem to work for me though *sigh*

CR2012

Bronze

Post by CR2012 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:28 am

LR LG RC LR RC

Pretty sure the second RC was the real one? The first one seemed pretty easy.

I don't think this is in violation of the LSAC certifying statement, but the second RC had a passage that referred to a famous museum in Paris. Any thoughts?

Dsham4

New

Post by Dsham4 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:14 pm

I had two RC's as well, and I'm pretty sure the one you're taking about was the experimental. It was the one that had a passage in it like no other I've seen on an LSAT. It was too focused on the poetry of the language, rather than the content. The questions, also, did not seem very standard based in previous PT's. Although it was easy, I do believe the first RC WAS the real one! I'm telling you, the test we took was almost ridiculously easy compared to other PT's!

CR2012

Bronze

Post by CR2012 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:51 am

Dsham4 wrote:I had two RC's as well, and I'm pretty sure the one you're taking about was the experimental. It was the one that had a passage in it like no other I've seen on an LSAT. It was too focused on the poetry of the language, rather than the content. The questions, also, did not seem very standard based in previous PT's. Although it was easy, I do believe the first RC WAS the real one! I'm telling you, the test we took was almost ridiculously easy compared to other PT's!
Did you take in Europe? I'm not Robert Langdon when it comes to memory, but I don't remember the second RC having a passage that was especially convoluted with its language. Do you remember any outstanding characteristic about it? Such as, it was about love, or ice bergs or something? Just something to jog my memory.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

312ldn

New

Post by 312ldn » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:24 am

Yes I definitely remember the passage with the museum

CR2012

Bronze

Post by CR2012 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:43 am

312ldn wrote:Yes I definitely remember the passage with the museum
What's your feeling? Is that one the real one? I am inclined to think so.

Do you remember any other passages? One of the passages in the first RC section was about Beetles/Ants.

312ldn

New

Post by 312ldn » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:30 pm

CR2012 wrote:
312ldn wrote:Yes I definitely remember the passage with the museum
What's your feeling? Is that one the real one? I am inclined to think so.

Do you remember any other passages? One of the passages in the first RC section was about Beetles/Ants.
Oh I definitely remember the beetles and ants! I HATED that!!!!! I remember second RC also had something about employment legislation for women and children. TBH I have no idea which one was real and which one was experimental. Like most people I feel like I was mostly running on auto-pilot throughout the whole thing. My only consolation is that I feel performed comparably on both RC sections.

Flowerpower

New

Post by Flowerpower » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:30 pm

Hi there,

I also took the test in London last Saturday and I found everything to be pretty straight forward except for the second RC section that I had. My order was LG RC LR RC LR, any thoughts on whether the second RC is the experimental one?? I had to guess all 7 questions on the last passage due to time. The first RC seemed to go fairly well so I am really hoping that the first one is the scored RC.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

CR2012

Bronze

Post by CR2012 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:01 am

Flowerpower wrote:Hi there,

I also took the test in London last Saturday and I found everything to be pretty straight forward except for the second RC section that I had. My order was LG RC LR RC LR, any thoughts on whether the second RC is the experimental one?? I had to guess all 7 questions on the last passage due to time. The first RC seemed to go fairly well so I am really hoping that the first one is the scored RC.

Which passage of yours had the beetle/ants and which passage had the Louvre?

My set up was LR LG RC LR RC. My second RC had the women/child labor, and the Louvre, which I believe was the real one, as the first RC with beetles/ants, seemed to be a bit too easy.

What was so hard about your second passage?

CR2012

Bronze

Post by CR2012 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:11 am

Hey, wasn't one passage in RC about Descartes vs Spinoza?

Flowerpower

New

Post by Flowerpower » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:12 pm

My second one was the one with the museum as well. It was really time and maybe also the fact that it was towards the end of the test and I was just finished.. Perhaps if I had had that passage sooner on I would have found it easier. Honestly looking back at the test now everything just seems like a blur and I can hardly remember the topics of the passages or any of the LR questions anymore.. Even though the other one was easier and it might have been too easy to be the real deal, I am really hoping on it....

312ldn

New

Post by 312ldn » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:27 pm

Yep there was a passage about Descartes but I can't remember for the life of me if that was RC1 or RC2. As for the Louvre museum passage I kind of agree that it might have been better if it came earlier.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Flowerpower

New

Post by Flowerpower » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:13 pm

312ldn wrote:Yep there was a passage about Descartes but I can't remember for the life of me if that was RC1 or RC2. As for the Louvre museum passage I kind of agree that it might have been better if it came earlier.
wow I don't even remember whether there was a Descartes passage.. Was it your first time taking the test? It was for me and even though it's a standardized test taking it in another city and actually sitting down to do it for real is a different experience.. I just really hope that I will not be taking it again in June.

CR2012

Bronze

Post by CR2012 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:44 pm

Flowerpower wrote:
312ldn wrote:Yep there was a passage about Descartes but I can't remember for the life of me if that was RC1 or RC2. As for the Louvre museum passage I kind of agree that it might have been better if it came earlier.
wow I don't even remember whether there was a Descartes passage.. Was it your first time taking the test? It was for me and even though it's a standardized test taking it in another city and actually sitting down to do it for real is a different experience.. I just really hope that I will not be taking it again in June.

It was my second time. The weird amnesia you get after the test is totally natural.

The big reason for me thinking that the first RC was the experimental is that it has historically been the practice of having the experimental in one of the first three section. There has been one instance that is cited when the experimental was after the break.

Oh well, we won't ever get verification anyway.

Flowerpower

New

Post by Flowerpower » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:33 pm

CR2012 wrote:
Flowerpower wrote:

It was my second time. The weird amnesia you get after the test is totally natural.

The big reason for me thinking that the first RC was the experimental is that it has historically been the practice of having the experimental in one of the first three section. There has been one instance that is cited when the experimental was after the break.

Oh well, we won't ever get verification anyway.
I know it's really annoying that the tests are not disclosed outside the US, I understand why but it makes it more difficult to study for a retake if you have to take one. Anyways you're right, now it's just a question of waiting... let's hope the result come in sooner than later, although I saw that the last couple of years the scores have been released right before the actual due date.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”