Another: Keep or Cancel?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
JoeyK

New

Another: Keep or Cancel?

Postby JoeyK » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:19 pm

I'm guessing a lot of these topics may show up within the next few days for the Dec LSAT takers, so here is my situation:

This is my 3rd time taking the test, my other two scores were pretty bad( I didn't crack 150). However the circumstances around that varied, and I had a problem with consistency.

This time around I really disciplined myself, and I started PTing at lot better than the other two times I studied, and I felt like I solved my problem of consistency. Going into this test I felt more confident.

When I had the break I was feeling ok about the test so far (I had LG-LR-LR already) and hopeful about the rest of the test. When I started section 4, I realized I had RC and began work, but I noticed it was taking me a long time. I had gotten through only 2 passages when 5 minutes was called. I kind of panicked and guessed on the remaining 12 questions(out of 27). I knew I had bombed that section.

I was hoping it was the experimental, but it wasn't and I received another LR section. I was able to muster up my focus and get through the LR section feeling ok.

Oddly enough despite that section, I FEEL better about this test than the other two but that doesn't exactly mean I aced the other 3 sections. I also feel that the RC section can hurt my score horribly which I cannot afford to happen. I know its only one section, but I'm thinking on my PT, when have ever guessed on so many questions and done well? It's almost never happened.

Should I cancel and gear up February? I really want to apply this cycle, and I am told taking the test in Feb hurts your chances of that happening.

mg7

Bronze

Re: Another: Keep or Cancel?

Postby mg7 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:25 pm

JoeyK wrote:I'm guessing a lot of these topics may show up within the next few days for the Dec LSAT takers, so here is my situation:

This is my 3rd time taking the test, my other two scores were pretty bad( I didn't crack 150). However the circumstances around that varied, and I had a problem with consistency.

This time around I really disciplined myself, and I started PTing at lot better than the other two times I studied, and I felt like I solved my problem of consistency. Going into this test I felt more confident.

When I had the break I was feeling ok about the test so far (I had LG-LR-LR already) and hopeful about the rest of the test. When I started section 4, I realized I had RC and began work, but I noticed it was taking me a long time. I had gotten through only 2 passages when 5 minutes was called. I kind of panicked and guessed on the remaining 12 questions(out of 27). I knew I had bombed that section.

I was hoping it was the experimental, but it wasn't and I received another LR section. I was able to muster up my focus and get through the LR section feeling ok.

Oddly enough despite that section, I FEEL better about this test than the other two but that doesn't exactly mean I aced the other 3 sections. I also feel that the RC section can hurt my score horribly which I cannot afford to happen. I know its only one section, but I'm thinking on my PT, when have ever guessed on so many questions and done well? It's almost never happened.

Should I cancel and gear up February? I really want to apply this cycle, and I am told taking the test in Feb hurts your chances of that happening.

Unless your other two scores were from a while ago, even if you cancel this one it'll still count as your 3rd within 2 years and you'll have to wait to retake again. Not to be mean, but I say keep and if you still didn't do well, maybe start considering another career and begin planning for that.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�