LG extra marking Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lsatkid007

Bronze

LG extra marking

Post by lsatkid007 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:35 pm

How many people make notes by the LG AC when there's a lot of words?
Not the best example:
A. The German award is presented immediately before the Japanese award is presented. GJ
B. The Hebrew award is presented immediately before the German award is presented. HG
C. The Korean award is presented immediately before the French award is presented. KF

I'm sure you guys get the idea.

bitsy

Bronze

Re: LG extra marking

Post by bitsy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:32 pm

i only do that if im writing out a whole hypo, but whatever works for you

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:36 pm

bitsy wrote:i only do that if im writing out a whole hypo, but whatever works for you

Yeah OP I do not really do what you describe, but when I go to hypo (and remember you should not hypo every question, use it sparingly because of time restraints) I do an all out version of what you describe but actually place them in the correct slots in a mini diagram.

OP, if you are writing that out next to every AC, you should break that habit imo unless it starts to throw your perfroamce way off. I say this because I imagine that could save you maybe 2-3 minutes or so during a standard 4 game section.

annet

Bronze

Post by annet » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:05 pm

lsatkid007 wrote:How many people make notes by the LG AC when there's a lot of words?
Not the best example:
A. The German award is presented immediately before the Japanese award is presented. GJ
B. The Hebrew award is presented immediately before the German award is presented. HG
C. The Korean award is presented immediately before the French award is presented. KF

I'm actually more likely to do that in wordy LR questions. For LG questions everything goes in my master diagram.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:25 pm

lsatkid007 wrote:How many people make notes by the LG AC when there's a lot of words?
Not the best example:

Not sure what "AC" means (is my inexperience showing?) but I write out every rule from the original prompt in some sort of shorthand (well, other than things like "every teacher is assigned at least once", those I try to just make a mental note of).

Is this not the norm? Maybe I've been drinking the LGB Kool-Aid.. hopefully I'll need less notes once I get further into studying / more comfortable with games.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bitsy

Bronze

Post by bitsy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:31 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote: Not sure what "AC" means (is my inexperience showing?) but I write out every rule from the original prompt in some sort of shorthand (well, other than things like "every teacher is assigned at least once", those I try to just make a mental note of).

Is this not the norm? Maybe I've been drinking the LGB Kool-Aid.. hopefully I'll need less notes once I get further into studying / more comfortable with games.
nah man, absolutely stick with that. writing out the rules is the norm fa sho.
OP is talking about further rules in the answer choices (AC), not in the initial setup.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:29 pm

bitsy wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote: Not sure what "AC" means (is my inexperience showing?) but I write out every rule from the original prompt in some sort of shorthand (well, other than things like "every teacher is assigned at least once", those I try to just make a mental note of).

nah man, absolutely stick with that. writing out the rules is the norm fa sho.
OP is talking about further rules in the answer choices (AC), not in the initial setup.
Ah, stupid! Well, good to know; shall do.

boblawlob

Silver

Post by boblawlob » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:33 pm

I only mark usually for the "except" questions because when you write out the answer choice and try to solve the ordering, you'll see what's wrong with it right away.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”