Your LSAT scores; who cares? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
bitsy

Bronze

Re: Your LSAT scores; who cares?

Post by bitsy » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:59 pm

look OP, and bros with similar attitudes.

we get it.

the lsat is a majorly stressful test, and emotions are running high right now. many people have that ideal number in their heads, and their mental state is tied to their perceived performance.

however, the posters on this site are just as entitled to their feelings are you are to yours.

many of us have studied together, waited for our scores together, and become genuinely interested in each other's lives. we want to know how our friends did, because we care about them and their goals. were not posting to make people who underperformed feel a certain way, nor do we intend our desired scores to denigrate those with different dreams.

yes, some of us are high performers. we shouldn't have to apologize for that. the attitude you ascribe to us-- that we look down on those with less lofty goals-- is unrepresentative of the whole.

tons of posters on this site would be thrilled to get into a law school ranked below HYS, and this community is extremely supportive of any applicant. i encourage you to become more active in this forum before issuing further chastisements.

good luck.

RCinDNA

Bronze

Post by RCinDNA » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:04 pm

LOL Image

I've had a crappy week, but this post made me smile so thank you for that.

North

Gold

Post by North » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:36 pm

Fucking lol at this OP. TL; DR the rest of the thread.

Don't talk about your scores guys, we don't want to make the people with lower standards feel bad... Seriously? If your shit score makes you feel bad, correct it. It's a learnable test, and there's no excuse not to. Most of the people on here with great scores worked their asses off for months to get to that point.

I remember watching Noodles get pissed about 177's. Made me want to do better, not whine about how he made me feel inferior.

kmh504

Bronze

Post by kmh504 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:13 pm

lsat_taker101 wrote:Hi, everyone. I just took the December 2012 LSAT in Asia and just wanted to check out what the dummy section was, which led me to this website.
I did not know that such "forum" existed because I mostly did self-study(and probably due to my age) .
I was reading through a few of the posts and read how some people were positively making a guess at their scores, high or low, and saying that, whatever they got, was either more than what they wanted, satisfied, or horrified.

But what's striking is that some of you seem to be blatantly ignorant of others who might be viewing the same forum.
This is a public, not a private forum, and whatever it is that you post here is not something only that you and your friends might see, but something that is open to virtually anywhere in the world.
Saying things like "I think I missed 5 so I guess that's a 177 :'(" definitely does not make anyone's day who's aiming for 167.
I know you definitely shouldn't trust all the stuff on here, but those of you proudly posting your would-be scores and how you feel about it should at least be aware and respectful of others who are also taking this test with lower standards.
Not everyone lives by the standards that you set for yourself, and some people have lower targets than Harvard or Yale.
I expected people who applied for law schools to be more mature and thoughtful of others, but I guess that's not the case at least for some of you on here.

At this point some of you might be thinking, 'this person probably bombed the test and looking for a place to let out some steam.'
Go ahead and think that way. Maybe I am, maybe I'm not.
But I think there definitely is something wrong when I see people posting about their "probable" or "likely" scores to everyone and fretting about not getting one more LR question correct to get that 178.
I can tell you for certain that the vast majority of test-takers did not even make the 170 cut, and some of them can and will look at your posts and feel bad.
Be ashamed of yourselves, if you think this applies to you.
No one cares about your LSAT scores, and if you think you did well, tell your family and your friends, write it in your diary and give yourself a gold star before you go to bed.
There really is no reason to post what you think you've got on here and tell the world how you feel about it.
+1 but don't let it get to you...you learn to ignore a lot of the pompous brats on here. The best time of the year is when you get to post your acceptance to the t14 schools all those over achievers wanted to get into, but whose one-dimensional resume and personality prevented them from attaining. Love it lol That's when true colors come out. Check back in April =D

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:04 pm

Reality check. No one in life will really care about your accomplishments. Welcome to the world.

Reality check. If you need sympathy about your LSAT score, an internet forum is not the place to find it, that is what your mother is for (See: also for reaffirmation of your accomplishments).

Reality check.
There really is no reason to post what you think you've got on here and tell the world how you feel about it.
There really is no reason to post what you think about people who post "what [they] think [they've] got on here and tell the world how [they] feel about it".

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gguuueessttt

Bronze

Post by gguuueessttt » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:44 pm

kmh504 wrote: +1 but don't let it get to you...you learn to ignore a lot of the pompous brats on here. The best time of the year is when you get to post your acceptance to the t14 schools all those over achievers wanted to get into, but whose one-dimensional resume and personality prevented them from attaining. Love it lol That's when true colors come out. Check back in April =D

does wanting to do well on the lsat really indicate that someone has a one-dimensional resume and personality? or are you just bitter?

Typhoon24

Silver

Post by Typhoon24 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:52 pm

This thread fails and was appropriately butchered by this community.

If it breaks your heart to see people talk about their high scores, you have of 2 options rather than cry about it and make a thread:

1. Go somewhere else, nobody is forcing you to read anything.
2. Actually study (hard this time) and get some peace of mind.

If 2. doesn't work, revert back to 1.

TomThompson

New

Post by TomThompson » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:53 pm

This must be trolling. I think a lot of people here talk about their LSAT scores because it's one of the few places where you can speak objectively about it, without pretence, and without coming off as an arrogant ________. (your preferred pejorative)

It's almost a community, because I know I can state my modest goals, even obsess about them, without offending people who don't understand how much time and emotional energy I've invested in the process, and the extent to which the LSAT can dominate my life during preparation time.

This forum helped to raise my expectations about what constitutes a good score, along with providing the tools to help me achieve it. I can hardly see that as a negative. There is undoubtedly an elitist attitude, but for the most part the internet is the best place to get that out of your system. And on TLS it's mainly a harsh realism- especially for test takers who may be unaware of the brutal employment prospects for students outside of top schools.
Last edited by TomThompson on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:57 pm

OP IS A ***

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

_crystal_m

New

Post by _crystal_m » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:07 pm

I just started studying and if it weren't for the people talking about their high scores I wouldn't push as hard as I do.

I appreciate the help, advice and any info I can get at all.

Op. stop crying and study harder. Or go cry somewhere else.

suralin

Diamond

Post by suralin » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:16 pm

Ugh
Last edited by suralin on Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:28 pm

chadbrochill

Bronze

Post by chadbrochill » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:31 pm

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:39 pm

Posted it before, but it works in this thread too.

hume85

Silver

Post by hume85 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:57 pm

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A wrote:Can I?
--ImageRemoved--
That girl on the right looks like she might have a fantastic wrack.

ETA: OP, chill the fuck out.
Last edited by hume85 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SEngland

Bronze

Post by SEngland » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:59 pm

hume85 wrote:
--ImageRemoved--
That girl on the right looks like she has a fantastic wrack.

Those are milky white mounds

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A

Silver

Post by A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:07 pm

SEngland wrote:
hume85 wrote:
[img]

Just a few crunches and she'd have nothing to cry over.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:17 pm

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A wrote:
SEngland wrote:
hume85 wrote:
[img]

Just a few crunches and she'd have nothing to cry over.
Bulimia joke would have been so much better :|

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:31 pm

Wormfather wrote:That would have been a bit too far IMO.
Would it be a full 10 inches over the line though?

ninetails

New

Post by ninetails » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:32 pm

kmh504 wrote: +1 but don't let it get to you...you learn to ignore a lot of the pompous brats on here. The best time of the year is when you get to post your acceptance to the t14 schools all those over achievers wanted to get into, but whose one-dimensional resume and personality prevented them from attaining. Love it lol That's when true colors come out. Check back in April =D
Looks like that worked out really swell for ya last cycle eh

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:34 pm

Wow, congrats. This is even dumber than the OP

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

North

Gold

Post by North » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:38 pm

ninetails wrote:
Looks like that worked out really swell for ya last cycle eh

hume85

Silver

Post by hume85 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:55 pm

mrizza wrote:
:lol: If I were Worm I would show up to parties, drop it on the table, look around, and ask if there were any questions.

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:00 pm

hume85 wrote:
mrizza wrote:
:lol: If I were Worm I would show up to parties, drop it on the table, look around, and ask if there were any questions.
Ya but you'd have to keep buying people new kitchen tables after you break them in half.

Clarity

Bronze

Post by Clarity » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:40 am

NoodleyOne wrote:Posted it before, but it works in this thread too.

I love your terrible MS Paint handwriting.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”