Asia LG

Rebecca&Fiona

Asia LG

Postby Rebecca&Fiona » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:53 am

I had two LGs.
For those of you who took LSAT in Asia and only had 1 LG, do you recall anything about 4th game Oversight Finance?

hallbd16

Re: Asia LG

Postby hallbd16 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:07 am

Ditto this question. I had two as well... Hope the the game with jewelry and furniture waste experimental.

bowwow

Postby bowwow » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:19 am

ditto

Colorado10

Postby Colorado10 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:18 am

Last edited by Colorado10 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

weiweilt

Postby weiweilt » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:53 am

I used to believe that the experimental LG would be significantly easier than the one that counts. Oh well today I realized that this wasn't the case. I had RC LG LR LR LG. The first LG has a "substitute Question", which I considered a "must have" difficult question according to the disclosed PTs since 2009 and probably missed :( . The second LG has Financial and Oversight, and I had to guess two questions.
I've heard that it's been proven that experimental can happen in the second half of the test.
Waiting for those who only had 1 LG then...

Colorado10

Postby Colorado10 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:09 am

weiweilt wrote:I used to believe that the experimental LG would be significantly easier than the one that counts. Oh well today I realized that this wasn't the case. I had RC LG LR LR LG. The first LG has a "substitute Question", which I considered a "must have" difficult question according to the disclosed PTs since 2009 and probably missed :( . The second LG has Financial and Oversight, and I had to guess two questions.
I've heard that it's been proven that experimental can happen in the second half of the test.
Waiting for those who only had 1 LG then...

Experimental in the second half??? Where did you get that?

I alsp had two LGs. My second LG was the 4th section, and it included Financial and Oversight.
I thought that financial and oversight game was f-ing hard...but i had totally bombed the first LG section (which was the 2nd section for me).

I would absolutely throw myself out the window if the section containing financial and oversight isn't the real thing...

Colorado10

Postby Colorado10 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:11 am

For those of you who took it in Asia and had only 1 LG section, did your section contain a problem about Oversight and Finacial?

Thanksss.

hallbd16

Postby hallbd16 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:14 am

Colorado '10 whats up! I am a Colorado native too! Are you applying to CU law?

weiweilt

Postby weiweilt » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:34 am

Colorado10 wrote:

Experimental in the second half??? Where did you get that?

I'm not 100% sure but someone claimed having experimental in the second half in Oct 2011.

Rebecca&Fiona

Postby Rebecca&Fiona » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:58 am

Regarding the experimental in last 2 sections,

citing wikipedia which may not be reliable, but

Unscored Variable section
The current test contains one experimental section which Law Services refers to as the "Variable section". It is used to test new questions for future exams. The performance of the examinee on this section is not reported as part of the final score. The examinee is not told which section of the exam is experimental, since doing so could skew the data. Previously, this section has always been one of the first three sections of any given test, but beginning with the administration of the October 2011 LSAT the experimental can be after the first three sections.[9] LSAC makes no specific claim as to what section(s) it has appeared as in the past, and what section(s) it may appear as in the future.

It's plausible since it's becoming the common knowledge that the experimental is in first three which would lose the meaning of "experimental."
I had a RC LG LR LR LG and hoping the last LG was the experimental.

By the way, how is it fair that the LSAC only gives the official PT back to the US and Canadian test takers and not giving anything to Asia test takers?
I took Oct test in Asia, and not only they are always undisclosed, but also they don't give us the US version PT.
Okay, I sound confusing.
Let me enumerate the facts I know between Asia and US&Canada.
1. Asia's LSAT always undisclosed. Like when ppl talk about not taking the LSAT in Feb because it is undisclosed, look at us.
It doesn't matter to us Feb, June, Oct or Dec.
2. Asia and US&Canada test contents are always different and Asia's test never gets official.
3. LSAC gives back the free PT to the test takers in US&Canada, in Asia we don't get anything. I mean, yeah I understand they can't give us the unofficial test, but they could give us the same official PT that they gave back to US&Canada.

We pay the same amount, not getting any disclosed test back and not getting any official PT.
Addition to that, I wrote e-mails to LSAC about this twice, they never return any responses.
Well, I am complaining and hoping somebody has information that I missed or something.

Anyways, still wondering which game was the experimental....

Colorado10

Postby Colorado10 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:14 am

hallbd16 wrote:Colorado '10 whats up! I am a Colorado native too! Are you applying to CU law?

Hey! What's up? lol i am not actually from Colorado, although I did attend a summer camp in Denver on the Rocky Mountains when I was young and absolutely loved it!!

Are you in Korea?

hallbd16

Postby hallbd16 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:19 am

Colorado10 wrote:
hallbd16 wrote:Colorado '10 whats up! I am a Colorado native too! Are you applying to CU law?

Hey! What's up? lol i am not actually from Colorado, although I did attend a summer camp in Denver on the Rocky Mountains when I was young and absolutely loved it!!

Are you in Korea?

I am actually in China.

So I gotta ask, what's behind the name?

pammie0415

Postby pammie0415 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:50 pm

I got RC LG LR LR LG too!

My second LG has the Oversight Q. I skipped the 3rd game because I got stuck on it and almost cried when I saw the oversight Q. Turns out I was able to finish both games in time.. Don't know how accurate my answers were though.

Anyone can weigh in on the real LG and maybe a curve prediction?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”