LSAT scores January 4?

Cellar-door
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Re: LSAT scores January 4?

Postby Cellar-door » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:34 pm

red52 wrote:
Cellar-door wrote:
red52 wrote:if i have to wait a year i might as well retake and get a 175+... why the fuck would i wait for these people to release a test like that...? jan 4th? thats such bs.

i made sure EVERYTHING was in on time... the least they could do is uphold their end of the bargain.


Their end of the bargain is about 4 weeks usually. There is no reason you should expect a test taken in December to come out before the end of the month. It takes 4+ weeks under the best circumstances, but with increased postal loads of the holidays and closures for those same holidays you should expect it to take no less than 4 weeks, likely closer to 5. You delayed, that sucks but is far from LSAC's fault. If you had looked at last years you would have known it came after Jan 1.


right. i graduate college in 3 years and i should have studied and taken the LSAT after my second year. please.

the LSAC as well as most law schools claim that the December test is a safe test to take for that cycle. if that wasn't the case they shouldn't make that claim, period. 3 weeks is a perfectly reasonable time to run a scantron in....

they can run every election ballet in 1 day but it takes the LSAC a MONTH to grade a few LSATS? ok.


It is perfectly safe for the cycle, just not for the specific scholarship to which you are applying, I don't know of any school that stops taking applications before New Years.
A basic check of when the most recent December LSAT scores came out, and the deadlines for your scholarships would have let you know that it was going to be very very close. Maybe before New Years maybe not.
If you were dead set on applying this cycle for that scholarship there was a test in October you could have taken. Whether it SHOULD take so long to grade the LSATs is irrelevant. That is how long they have traditionally taken, and that information is available to anyone who wants to access it. Complaining that they are screwing you or somehow deceived you shows a lack of basic research on your part.

User avatar
naillsat
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:48 pm

Re: LSAT scores January 4?

Postby naillsat » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:12 pm

I think most people are spreading bullshit about deadlines for scholarships. Is there any evidence to back up the bullshit?

User avatar
boblawlob
Posts: 524
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: LSAT scores January 4?

Postby boblawlob » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:14 pm

naillsat wrote:I think most people are spreading bullshit about deadlines for scholarships. Is there any evidence to back up the bullshit?

Sadly, I'm in no position to even talk about scholarships.

Primarily because I refuse to go to any T2 and lower school.

User avatar
naillsat
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:48 pm

Re: LSAT scores January 4?

Postby naillsat » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:17 pm

boblawlob wrote:
naillsat wrote:I think most people are spreading bullshit about deadlines for scholarships. Is there any evidence to back up the bullshit?

Sadly, I'm in no position to even talk about scholarships.

Primarily because I refuse to go to any T2 and lower school.


so you don't want to go to ANY law schools that have been ranked. What's the point of taking the LSAT then?

User avatar
red52
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:28 am

Re: LSAT scores January 4?

Postby red52 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:26 pm

naillsat wrote:
boblawlob wrote:
naillsat wrote:I think most people are spreading bullshit about deadlines for scholarships. Is there any evidence to back up the bullshit?

Sadly, I'm in no position to even talk about scholarships.

Primarily because I refuse to go to any T2 and lower school.


so you don't want to go to ANY law schools that have been ranked. What's the point of taking the LSAT then?


I think he means he wants to go to a T1 or better only.

User avatar
Ex Cearulo
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:51 pm

Re: LSAT scores January 4?

Postby Ex Cearulo » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:13 am

red52 wrote:they can run every election ballet in 1 day but it takes the LSAC a MONTH to grade a few LSATS? ok.

Tons of places can't run every ballot in a day or even a week (I'm from Florida so I see this happen every election). But I get your point.
We have to remember it's not simply a matter of running scantron sheets through a machine, putting scores into e-mails, and hitting "send". There has to be a lot of big-brain statistical analysis that goes into every test administration to keep things relatively consistent across all administrations. They have to perform quality control measures and look for anomalies that, while rare, do occur.
In addition, they also have to deal with complaints, misconduct reports, and any of the other miscellaneous things that happen during an administration of a test to 25,000 people (see what I did there?) around the planet. It's my understanding that LSAC isn't a behemoth organization that has an army of thousands working for it, so all of this amounts to a fairly big job.
As someone who has every application waiting to go the minute the score is released, I obviously want mine ASAP. But I'm not going to freak out on LSAC if scores aren't sent out in three weeks.

M458
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: LSAT scores January 4?

Postby M458 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:24 am

If you guys have October scores, you can submit and just ask them to hold your apps and not review them until your Dec. scores come out.

User avatar
Ex Cearulo
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:51 pm

Re: LSAT scores January 4?

Postby Ex Cearulo » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:34 am

M458 wrote:If you guys have October scores, you can submit and just ask them to hold your apps and not review them until your Dec. scores come out.

True, and this is relevant advice, but I won't know what my final list of schools will be until I see my December score. Plus, the December score may lead to more fee waivers. And, ultimately, I simply prefer to send everything at one time instead of trusting the school to hold my file in limbo while they wait for the score.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: LSAT scores January 4?

Postby TripTrip » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:55 am

M458 wrote:If you guys have October scores, you can submit and just ask them to hold your apps and not review them until your Dec. scores come out.

What if you're going to need an addendum for score increase?

Cellar-door
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Re: LSAT scores January 4?

Postby Cellar-door » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:41 am

TripTrip wrote:
M458 wrote:If you guys have October scores, you can submit and just ask them to hold your apps and not review them until your Dec. scores come out.

What if you're going to need an addendum for score increase?

Why would you write an addendum? Unless there is some real reason your first score was low (complete section missed, passed out halfway through) no one is going to care.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: LSAT scores January 4?

Postby TripTrip » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:46 am

Cellar-door wrote:
TripTrip wrote:
M458 wrote:If you guys have October scores, you can submit and just ask them to hold your apps and not review them until your Dec. scores come out.

What if you're going to need an addendum for score increase?

Why would you write an addendum? Unless there is some real reason your first score was low (complete section missed, passed out halfway through) no one is going to care.

I suppose that's a good point. I thought some schools requested one for a five point jump.

User avatar
SumStalwart
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:37 am

Re: LSAT scores January 4?

Postby SumStalwart » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:36 am

TripTrip wrote:
Cellar-door wrote:
TripTrip wrote:
M458 wrote:If you guys have October scores, you can submit and just ask them to hold your apps and not review them until your Dec. scores come out.

What if you're going to need an addendum for score increase?

Why would you write an addendum? Unless there is some real reason your first score was low (complete section missed, passed out halfway through) no one is going to care.

I suppose that's a good point. I thought some schools requested one for a five point jump.


The addendum for a 5+ jump is debatable. Some Deans say that they would like to see an explanation-- I think Bill Treanor, from Georgetown said that he does.. The thing is, barring anything major, what are you going to say? "I was not prepared the first time. Now I am prepared."

Just let your kick ass LSAT score do the talking ^^




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: azaleafire, curry1, VMars and 4 guests