LSAT scores January 4?

Poo-T

LSAT scores January 4?

Postby Poo-T » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:45 pm

What is this bullshit? I need to send my applications before the new year.

SEngland

Re: LSAT scores January 4?

Postby SEngland » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:46 pm

12/27

Poo-T

Postby Poo-T » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:47 pm

SEngland wrote:12/27

Is that what yours says?

red52

Postby red52 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:49 pm

wtf mine says the 4th too... what the FUCK?

SEngland

Postby SEngland » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:51 pm

12/27 is my prediction. They are always released before the stated date.

Poo-T

Postby Poo-T » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:52 pm

SEngland wrote:12/27 is my prediction. They are always released before the stated date.

Hope you're right bro.

happyshapy

Postby happyshapy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:52 pm

I think there is some chance that it will be released before christmas since the test was the 1st, but recent tests they've taken longer then usual to come out with scores so probably not.

red52

Postby red52 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:59 pm

ill be so pissed if they wait until after new years.... waiting a month for these scores will be TORTURE.

SumStalwart

Postby SumStalwart » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:02 pm

I think that it'll be released before the 4th, but not before the new year :/. The reason why the October Test came out late was because of Sandy.

How often have the December tests come out really early?

happyshapy

Postby happyshapy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:06 pm

SumStalwart wrote:I think that it'll be released before the 4th, but not before the new year :/. The reason why the October Test came out late was because of Sandy.

How often have the December tests come out really early?

The december lsat used to come out really early all the time, but recently it hasn't.

teiswei

Postby teiswei » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:16 pm

twinkletoes16

Postby twinkletoes16 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:25 pm

Probably Jan 2.

teiswei

Postby teiswei » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:28 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:Probably Jan 2.

Bite your fingers! I want to submit prior to January.

twinkletoes16

Postby twinkletoes16 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:31 pm

teiswei wrote:

Hey, i took dec LSAT last year, then had to wait until this cycle to apply. 0 sympathy. 2 days before expected release date sounds about right, they're getting later and later as the years go by.

Plus, everyone that sat for Dec LSAT will submit all at once so what does it matter if it's before the new year or after?

Poo-T

Postby Poo-T » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:32 pm

man this is straight butt!

Poo-T

Postby Poo-T » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:32 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:
teiswei wrote:

Hey, i took dec LSAT last year, then had to wait until this cycle to apply. 0 sympathy. 2 days before expected release date sounds about right, they're getting later and later as the years go by.

Plus, everyone that sat for Dec LSAT will submit all at once so what does it matter if it's before the new year or after?

There's certain scholarships that you're only eligible for if you apply before the new year.

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:34 pm

Poo-T wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:
teiswei wrote:

There's certain scholarships that you're only eligible for if you apply before the new year.

Then you may need to wait a year. You should have know it is possible for scores to take a month.

red52

Postby red52 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:41 pm

if i have to wait a year i might as well retake and get a 175+... why the fuck would i wait for these people to release a test like that...? jan 4th? thats such bs.

i made sure EVERYTHING was in on time... the least they could do is uphold their end of the bargain.

Poo-T

Postby Poo-T » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:45 pm

Icculus wrote:
Poo-T wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:
teiswei wrote:

Then you may need to wait a year. You should have know it is possible for scores to take a month.

nah, it's time to move on.

jared6180

Postby jared6180 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:49 pm

I am actually trying to forget I took it so time will go by faster. So far I am failing miserably.

Cellar-door

Postby Cellar-door » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:51 pm

red52 wrote:if i have to wait a year i might as well retake and get a 175+... why the fuck would i wait for these people to release a test like that...? jan 4th? thats such bs.

i made sure EVERYTHING was in on time... the least they could do is uphold their end of the bargain.

Their end of the bargain is about 4 weeks usually. There is no reason you should expect a test taken in December to come out before the end of the month. It takes 4+ weeks under the best circumstances, but with increased postal loads of the holidays and closures for those same holidays you should expect it to take no less than 4 weeks, likely closer to 5. You delayed, that sucks but is far from LSAC's fault. If you had looked at last years you would have known it came after Jan 1.

red52

Postby red52 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:00 pm

Cellar-door wrote:
red52 wrote:if i have to wait a year i might as well retake and get a 175+... why the fuck would i wait for these people to release a test like that...? jan 4th? thats such bs.

Their end of the bargain is about 4 weeks usually. There is no reason you should expect a test taken in December to come out before the end of the month. It takes 4+ weeks under the best circumstances, but with increased postal loads of the holidays and closures for those same holidays you should expect it to take no less than 4 weeks, likely closer to 5. You delayed, that sucks but is far from LSAC's fault. If you had looked at last years you would have known it came after Jan 1.

right. i graduate college in 3 years and i should have studied and taken the LSAT after my second year. please.

the LSAC as well as most law schools claim that the December test is a safe test to take for that cycle. if that wasn't the case they shouldn't make that claim, period. 3 weeks is a perfectly reasonable time to run a scantron in....

they can run every election ballet in 1 day but it takes the LSAC a MONTH to grade a few LSATS? ok.

scottyc66

Postby scottyc66 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:06 pm

You would think they could at least get raw scores out fairly quickly. I know it's more work for them to send out information twice but that'd be so sick.

teiswei

Postby teiswei » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:08 pm

Cellar-door wrote:

And as less people take the archaic style test, it should take less time. Last year wasn't taken on the 1st, it was the 3rd making the 23rd the final Friday before the holidays. The tests that have been taken on the 1st and 2nd were returned on the 20th and 21st respectively. There is no reason to not be optimistic. I'm sorry you are bitter about last year but it shouldn't make everyone else a negative nancy.

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:20 pm

red52 wrote:
Cellar-door wrote:

right. i graduate college in 3 years and i should have studied and taken the LSAT after my second year. please.

the LSAC as well as most law schools claim that the December test is a safe test to take for that cycle. if that wasn't the case they shouldn't make that claim, period. 3 weeks is a perfectly reasonable time to run a scantron in....

they can run every election ballet in 1 day but it takes the LSAC a MONTH to grade a few LSATS? ok.

The December test is perfectly acceptable to get admission. I applied with a December score and it was fine. A December test is fine for admissions but I guess some schools have scholarship deadlines, that's not LSAC's fault.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”