dec reading comp

red52

dec reading comp

Postby red52 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:26 pm

ok was it just me or was the RC section ridiculous???

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im just praying i get the score i want... if i have to wait an entire cycle im going to be DEVASTATED

boblawlob

Re: dec reading comp

Postby boblawlob » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:29 pm

Mexican folk songs = difficulty 2
Science (can't remember topic) = difficulty 2
Pin theory = difficulty ~3
Comparative passage = difficulty 1-2.5 (depending on how much time you have left)

Overall difficulty of section...medium

4 being hard as eff

red52

Postby red52 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:34 pm

i had it first.. maybe it was my nerves.... i thought it was especially difficult. I hope I did decently though because I thought the LR and LG sections were cake... other than the 3rd game that took me 15 mins... luckily the others took me 3,4,5 mins respectively.

boblawlob

Postby boblawlob » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:35 pm

red52 wrote:i had it first.. maybe it was my nerves.... i thought it was especially difficult. I hope I did decently though because I thought the LR and LG sections were cake... other than the 3rd game that took me 15 mins... luckily the others took me 3,4,5 mins respectively.

the last game took you 5 minutes? wtf?

red52

Postby red52 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:54 pm

boblawlob wrote:
red52 wrote:i had it first.. maybe it was my nerves.... i thought it was especially difficult. I hope I did decently though because I thought the LR and LG sections were cake... other than the 3rd game that took me 15 mins... luckily the others took me 3,4,5 mins respectively.

the last game took you 5 minutes? wtf?

yeah I work pretty fast... mathematical reasoning like that is quick for my once i have a concept... guess it might be from spending my first two years as a engineering major... the RC got me though... I know i missed 3 on LG max and did well on LR so im hoping for a 168+... im so scared though

SumStalwart

Postby SumStalwart » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:05 pm

Yeah, the RC was my first section, and it seemed harder than it usually is for me. The Mexican Corrigor(sp?) and the Pins passages threw me off. Hopefully, my other sections pull me through.

Sounds like you did well on the other sections, too. Don't sweat it!

GGforLSAT

Postby GGforLSAT » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:52 am

Same. RC first, then I had the experimental RC right after. The order I attacked the passages in the first section was bad, I started with Pin theory while my nerves were still on end. I finished it ahead of time, but I don't think my answers were as accurate as usual. Overall the section felt harder than normal. I hope my intuition got me some right answers because my reasoning skills weren't very helpful.

Postby 04102014 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:59 am

Also had it first and thought it was more difficult than normal, and RC is normally my best section. After it was over I kept waiting for another RC to pop up and save me, but to no avail. I rushed through the last passage in about five minutes, so we'll see how that turns out. There were at least two questions in the Mexican folk song passage for which, despite considerable searching/re-reading, none of the answers seemed appropriate.

Everyone's positivity on TLS has actually made me feel a bit more confident, however.

Sweetlady75

Postby Sweetlady75 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:09 am

I had RC for my first 2 passages... RC is always my worst section because I never get to all 4 passages. But, I didn't find it that difficult this time around. I thought October's RC was harder. My only issue with the first RC was the proctor. I was sitting in the front and she continuously walked back and forth in front of desk the entire time... It was so nerve racking. It took me along time to get in my zone because of it. But the consensus seems to be that the first RC was exp, and I hope that is true.

red52

Postby red52 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:13 am

ohpobrecito wrote:Also had it first and thought it was more difficult than normal, and RC is normally my best section. After it was over I kept waiting for another RC to pop up and save me, but to no avail. I rushed through the last passage in about five minutes, so we'll see how that turns out. There were at least two questions in the Mexican folk song passage for which, despite considerable searching/re-reading, none of the answers seemed appropriate.

Everyone's positivity on TLS has actually made me feel a bit more confident, however.

the questions seemed to really be up in the air on this section.... even ones that are normally "gimmies" were especially difficult.

chem!

Postby chem! » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:25 am

Platodium

Postby Platodium » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:49 am

that's strange because I thought the pin reading passage was the easiest one (econ major here) but I think I bombed the first 2.

lampshade0520

Postby lampshade0520 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:58 am

ohpobrecito wrote:Also had it first and thought it was more difficult than normal, and RC is normally my best section. After it was over I kept waiting for another RC to pop up and save me, but to no avail. I rushed through the last passage in about five minutes, so we'll see how that turns out. There were at least two questions in the Mexican folk song passage for which, despite considerable searching/re-reading, none of the answers seemed appropriate.

that's how I felt re authors attitude in pin theory. I was just like 'I don't like any of these!'

lampshade0520

Postby lampshade0520 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:00 pm

chem! wrote:....

yeah last December was brutal. anything seems tame in comparison

bgood2texas

Postby bgood2texas » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:51 pm

Hey guys, quick question. I also found the RC to be fairly difficult. I didn't recall the definition of a key word in the bills passage (begins with a C) so I'm concerned I could have missed two or so on that section alone. I also found the econ passage hard, so lets say two there as well. Throw in a derp mistake on one of the others and I'm at -5 for the section. All this talk of a -10 curve has me a little nervous. I got a 167 in October and I was only retaking for a chance at a few more points. If I do worse, like a 165 or so, will law schools look down on that? I'm debating about whether to cancel or let it ride. I felt good about LG and both LR's, but I'm prone to some dumb mistakes on LR so who knows.

boblawlob

Postby boblawlob » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:55 pm

bgood2texas wrote:Hey guys, quick question. I also found the RC to be fairly difficult. I didn't recall the definition of a key word in the bills passage (begins with a C) so I'm concerned I could have missed two or so on that section alone. I also found the econ passage hard, so lets say two there as well. Throw in a derp mistake on one of the others and I'm at -5 for the section. All this talk of a -10 curve has me a little nervous. I got a 167 in October and I was only retaking for a chance at a few more points. If I do worse, like a 165 or so, will law schools look down on that? I'm debating about whether to cancel or let it ride. I felt good about LG and both LR's, but I'm prone to some dumb mistakes on LR so who knows.

No, they won't look down on it I don't think. They just take your highest score. Even if you score 165 this time around, thats a difference of like 2-3 questions from your Oct score which happens all the time..if anything, it tells the law schools that you are consistent in that range. I say no cancel because perception right after the test is usually 60% wrong.

TA923

Postby TA923 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:58 pm

I didn't find the econ passage difficult at all, I thought the first passage on corridos was the hardest of the four.

Edited for grammar.

CyanIdes Of March

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:00 pm

Platodium wrote:that's strange because I thought the pin reading passage was the easiest one (econ major here) but I think I bombed the first 2.

I took a few econ classes that covered the same topics so I felt a little bit more at ease on it as well. There was also one on the experimental that my government major, which talks about the same exact stuff in every other class, really helped me out on.

bgood2texas

Postby bgood2texas » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:00 pm

I'm glad to hear other people found this section difficult as well. I thought it was definitely the hardest section on the exam.

lsatownsme

Postby lsatownsme » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:45 pm

The passages were easy, but the questions were pretty tough. Come test score release day, I think a lot of people will be surprised to see themselves having missed more than they expected on RC section.

red52

Postby red52 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:49 pm

lsatownsme wrote:The passages were easy, but the questions were pretty tough. Come test score release day, I think a lot of people will be surprised to see themselves having missed more than they expected on RC section.

yup. thats pretty much what i was getting at. i was pretty pissed too because i was absolutely sure i understood the insect passage fully, but the questions threw me off so bad i won't be surprised when i miss a few :( sucks

Postby 04102014 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:54 pm

lampshade0520 wrote:

that's how I felt re authors attitude in pin theory. I was just like 'I don't like any of these!'

This. The attitude seemed to shift from beginning to end. Other than that I thought It was the most straightforward of the four.

red52

Postby red52 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:00 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:
lampshade0520 wrote:

This. The attitude seemed to shift from beginning to end. Other than that I thought It was the most straightforward of the four.

im a science guy and already knew everything about the insect passage... then i got to the questions and was a little confused because the answer choices could have gone either way a few times.. idk... :(

Postby 04102014 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:02 pm

red52 wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:
lampshade0520 wrote:

im a science guy and already knew everything about the insect passage... then i got to the questions and was a little confused because the answer choices could have gone either way a few times.. idk... :(

I'm not exaggerating when I say that I can't remember a single thing about the insects passage/questions. Either I was in the zone or blacked out.

LionelHutzJD

Postby LionelHutzJD » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:43 pm

I had RC first and I thought it was extremely difficult and by the end of the section I was peaking at other sections hoping this was experimental. The passages seemed different and more in depth. I really bombed it and it made me feel like shit. 6 months of studying gone to shit in a half hour. Hopefully LR recovered me. I don't remember it too well but I do remember seeing answers quickly and finishing the section. God I hope I recovered from RC

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”