LG-LR-LR-RC-LR

esh12

LG-LR-LR-RC-LR

Postby esh12 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:41 pm

I remember last LR being very easy, almost too easy. I think this was the exp.

dflare27

Re: LG-LR-LR-RC-LR

Postby dflare27 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:59 pm

Do you remember the number of problems that your LR sections had? 25 25 26? or 26 26 25?

scottyc66

Postby scottyc66 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:52 pm

I was hoping the first one was the experimental too. Questions just seemed a little goofy. As I went through I was like, wtf why isn't my brain working, so it'd make sense that it was experimental.

boblawlob

Postby boblawlob » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:00 pm

Last game for LG killed me.

californiauser

Postby californiauser » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:07 pm

Justin Genious

Postby Justin Genious » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:29 pm

^^ Your experimental would be either 1 or 2.

lampshade0520

Postby lampshade0520 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:02 pm

did anyone figure out which section the experimental was? i think i had 26 26 25. i know the last one was real but can't decide between the first two.

i remember two crux questions in the first LR i think...and something about hormones and crying. anyone? and i didn't remember that many parallel questions (maybe a few in the last LR section) but everyone seems to think there were a ton in the test.

thoughts?

kylemba

Postby kylemba » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:26 am

I think it was the second one. The last question in this section was a question type I have never heard of before.

e_mac7

Postby e_mac7 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:43 am

kylemba wrote:I think it was the second one. The last question in this section was a question type I have never heard of before.

For me I think it was the last one. I know there was a question on there I'd never seen in any practice before, completely threw me off. I was like, what the heck is this....

Unknown123

Postby Unknown123 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:22 am

My three LRs were 26-25-25. My second was so ridiculously easy that even as I was writing it I was pretty much certain it had to be experimental. I had time for my mind to wander a bit between questions and still finished it with almost 10 minutes to spare. I can't remember exactly what questions were in it, but I do know that the first question had a speaker. There may have been a question about sophocles antigone (although that might have been an a different LR section)

The other two were more difficult, although it didn't help that I was having trouble concentrating on the last one after I started to panic a little on the RC. I'm certain I got the copper/lichens one wrong and probably the one about colonizing space

lampshade0520

Postby lampshade0520 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:37 am

I remember copper and lichens and colonizing space but I think I remember having a curator speak as one of my first ones and thought that one was real. how about national and local rules? I think that was in my first section and I remember dogs and cats and birds in my last.

Platodium

Postby Platodium » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:06 pm

LG X here

LR1's last question was the really funny one about fisherman

for what it's worth

Scotchandsoda

Postby Scotchandsoda » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:27 pm

The LR with the cats and dig was reak. That was my second LR and i had rc as my experimental.

theycallmefoes

Postby theycallmefoes » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:39 pm

Ugh. I hate having experimental LRs. With LG and RC, it's very easy to figure out which section was the experimental. But LR always ends up being such a blur for me, so it's pretty much impossible for me to identify experimental. I now have no clue which questions were from which section, nor do I know which sections had 25 vs. 26 questions. In short, I know nothing. LR is probably stressing me out more than anything right now. If I felt like I performed uniformly on all 3, then it wouldn't make a difference to me which ones are scored and which one is the experimental. But since I feel like my performance on one of the sections was weaker than the other 2, whether or not that section was my experimental may make a notable impact on my score.

e_mac7

Postby e_mac7 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:15 pm

Unknown123 wrote:My three LRs were 26-25-25. My second was so ridiculously easy that even as I was writing it I was pretty much certain it had to be experimental. I had time for my mind to wander a bit between questions and still finished it with almost 10 minutes to spare. I can't remember exactly what questions were in it, but I do know that the first question had a speaker. There may have been a question about sophocles antigone (although that might have been an a different LR section)

The other two were more difficult, although it didn't help that I was having trouble concentrating on the last one after I started to panic a little on the RC. I'm certain I got the copper/lichens one wrong and probably the one about colonizing space

so the easier ones are always the experimentals?

kylemba

Postby kylemba » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:04 pm

e_mac7 wrote:
kylemba wrote:I think it was the second one. The last question in this section was a question type I have never heard of before.

For me I think it was the last one. I know there was a question on there I'd never seen in any practice before, completely threw me off. I was like, what the heck is this....

I really cannot even remember what the question was but it was the very last question in the section and I had the exact same reaction that you had. In other words, do you guys remember the dog cat fish question? That made me chuckle until I couldn't figure out the right answer....

nedzilla

Postby nedzilla » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:22 pm

I had the same LG-LR-LR-RC-LR.

Hope the first LR was the exp. didnt finish the last question in time.

other two LR i thought were fairly easy and finished with time to spare. ahh the agony of what ifs.

Mog

Postby Mog » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:33 pm

e_mac7

Postby e_mac7 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:02 pm

kylemba wrote:
e_mac7 wrote:

I really cannot even remember what the question was but it was the very last question in the section and I had the exact same reaction that you had. In other words, do you guys remember the dog cat fish question? That made me chuckle until I couldn't figure out the right answer....

Omg. That drove me insane. I'm hoping that was experimental because it blew my brain to bits and pieces haha

StillIll

Postby StillIll » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:05 pm

Unknown123

Postby Unknown123 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:09 pm

e_mac7 wrote:
Unknown123 wrote:My three LRs were 26-25-25. My second was so ridiculously easy that even as I was writing it I was pretty much certain it had to be experimental. I had time for my mind to wander a bit between questions and still finished it with almost 10 minutes to spare. I can't remember exactly what questions were in it, but I do know that the first question had a speaker. There may have been a question about sophocles antigone (although that might have been an a different LR section)

so the easier ones are always the experimentals?

Not necessarily.
But I've done every past LSAT from the last 10 years, and I have never had a section that felt like that. I couldn't even have known as I was writing it that I had LR as experimental, because I had only had 1 LG and 1 LR at that point. I could have had a second LG or 2 RCs after the break, but as I was writing it I felt like the type of questions didn't feel complete and it was way way easier than any other LR section I had ever done in a practice test. It was also much easier than the LR section I had just done (and it turned out, easier than the third LR section I had), which meant it wasn't consistent. That was why I was, and am still, convinced it must have been experimental, even though I can't remember which questions were in which section.

I had the one about hormones and crying. It might have been a curator speaking at the beginning of the second section, maybe an argument about what kind of works museums should buy... but that might have been in another section... or maybe I'm starting to mix in questions from practice tests too :) Also I think there may have been one about bees (but again I might be mixing it up with practice tests, because I know I've had questions about bees more than once)

I remember the one about cat/dog/fish (within real-world logic it was completely screwy, but ignoring any outside knowledge I thought it was fairly straight-forward... just watch me get it wrong :P ) and I remember the national/local rules one. I don't remember anything about fishermen, so that might be a good sign that it was in an experimental section I didn't get.

collegebum1989

Postby collegebum1989 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:06 pm

I had LG-LR-LR-RC-LR

The EXP section was blatantly obvious for me. There was a question with hypotheticals as answers and there was an Evaluate the Argument question with questions as answers, which I haven't seen since PTs in the 40's.

Spartan_Alum_12

Postby Spartan_Alum_12 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:33 pm

collegebum1989 wrote:I had LG-LR-LR-RC-LR

The EXP section was blatantly obvious for me. There was a question with hypotheticals as answers and there was an Evaluate the Argument question with questions as answers, which I haven't seen since PTs in the 40's.

Do you remember if that section had 25 or 26 questions?

collegebum1989

Postby collegebum1989 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:28 am

No idea, but I remember it was the same number of questions as the other LR sections, So 25?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”