Dec test takers: how do you feel? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Will_Imake_it

New

Re: Dec test takers: how do you feel?

Post by Will_Imake_it » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:22 pm

boblawlob wrote:
Will_Imake_it wrote:anyone have LG-LR-Rc-RC-LR
if so,

was the third third RC experimental?
real RC: mexican folk, pin theory
:evil:

red52

Bronze

Post by red52 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:36 pm

RC: HARD
LR (exp): HARD
LR: cake
LG: ehhh, easy but 3 took some time.

writing: I hope they like my Mitt Romney doodle at the end.

redmessengerbag

New

Post by redmessengerbag » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:32 pm

LG: 1, 2 were easy, 3rd took me a while to setup my diagrams right, 4th completely threw me off
LR: I thought it was good
RC1: Didn't like the passages
RC2: much better - my psych/bio background probably helped.
LR: wasn't too shabby either.

I was able to get through LR much quicker than on my PT, hope I wasn't just picking bad answers ;)

MarkKnows87

New

Post by MarkKnows87 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:40 am

LG: Pretty Easy. The third one more time consuming but finished in time
LR: Fair. Guessed on like 4 of them
RC: Easy (Experimental). Focus was gone because I got hungry and drowsy reading those passages
RC: Fair. I did a lot better on this one actually finished
LR: Fair. It was pretty straightforward besides a couple of questions
Writing Sample: Cake. My professors have told me I should have my work published so it was not hard for me.

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:41 am

MarkKnows87 wrote:Writing Sample: Cake. My professors have told me I should have my work published so it was not hard for me.
Read: Screw the prompt, MarkKnows87 sent Janet to Europe.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lampshade0520

New

Post by lampshade0520 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:54 am

LG: time consuming, but not impossible
LR: eh stuck on a few but not brutal, average
LR: EXP I think
RC: sweet Jesus save me
LR: some iffy ones (craters), easier than the first LR

lawschool111

New

Post by lawschool111 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:17 pm

LG: thought games 1,2 and 4 straightforward. game 3 was definitely the hardest game
LR: average
RC: experimental (average)
RC: definitely challenging (i feel ambigious about this section) looks like a lot of other people struggled with RC as well
LR: average

kmh504

Bronze

Post by kmh504 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:05 pm

Ok call me dumb but how do you know which section was the experimental one lol Mine was:

RC - average - but everyone is complaining about the Corridos lol I thought it was the easiest one! Maybe cause I'm half Mexican :p
LG - I almost walked out the damn test! I guessed that entire Voicemail section and focused on the others.
LR - average
LR - average
...honestly both of those sections are a blur to me because I was still tripping over those crazy logic games.
LG - average

....and with all that said - I walked out more confident last December...sigh. We shall see.

StillIll

Bronze

Post by StillIll » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:02 pm

LG: Easy! Was so happy. My work with these paid off
LR: Ooof. This was the one with local/national and cat allergies. No bueno
RC (exp): Holy cow, I was glad this was experimental.
RC: Should have done better, disappointed with myself
LR2: Felt really good about it

Was hoping for 170 (was getting around there on practice exams) but I just don't know if I did sufficient enough on LR1 and RC.

I looked back and noticed that December curves tend to be > -10... hopefully this is the case. a -12 would be so enormous for me. But the impression I get is people think it will be a lower curve. And of course past December curves have no bearing on this one, but it was just interesting to note.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

WallstreetRebel

New

Post by WallstreetRebel » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:55 pm

Can someone please tell me the theme of each Logic Game? I know the first had to do with morning/night, but can't remember the rest. I'm trying to look back over my performance, but my lack of memory is not helping.

StillIll

Bronze

Post by StillIll » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:57 pm

The 3rd one was voicemails/website, 4th one was ordering articles of three different types, can't remember the 2nd one... something about supervisors I think

Mr. Frodo

Bronze

Post by Mr. Frodo » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:11 pm

LG- great. Felt like noodleyone after zones in October
LR- ok
RC- great
RC- not as great
LR- better than first one. Ok+1

Hopefully I can capitalize on the fact that I definitely think I got -0 on games. Voicemail was a bit of an oddball though, I will admit.

Ad Homonym

New

Post by Ad Homonym » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:58 pm

red52 wrote:RC: HARD

^ Curious to know how you determined which LR was exp? I can't for the life of me remember which section was which (had 3 LR), let alone which was exp. Without being too specific, do you remember any topics from the exp. section?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

scottyc66

Silver

Post by scottyc66 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:59 pm

Ad Homonym wrote:
red52 wrote:RC: HARD

^ Curious to know how you determined which LR was exp? I can't for the life of me remember which section was which (had 3 LR), let alone which was exp. Without being too specific, do you remember any topics from the exp. section?
I'm just hoping it's the one that felt really awkward.

willwash

Bronze

Post by willwash » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:14 pm

LG: first 2 games so easy I thought it was an experimental section (awesome, I get to warm up first!, I thought to myself happily)--game 3 hurt a little, and then game 4 just utterly crushed my soul. 1/5 guesses on 2 of the last 4 and 50/50s on two more. Hoping for a little luck to get -3 or better, but realistically I will say -4.
LR1: Easy. Finished with 5 min left and didn't even bother going over previous responses. -1 or better
RC: Experimental, which I learned later. Disappointing because it was SO incredibly easy
RC: WTF? Why the fuck am I waffling on a main point question? This does not bode well...the passages made perfect sense, except for having to glance a second time at Invisible Hand/pin factory theory. Similarly unconfident and second guessing myself throughout section. In my PT experience this could be anywhere from -0 to -8. This will be the determining factor of my score.
LR2: Very easy except for 2 or 3 questions, but I think I pulled out the right answer on each. -1 or better
Writing sample--bombed. I'm thinking about cancelling.

In summation--as bad as -14...as good as -7 or -8 on the whole test...which, depending on the curve, could be a 164 or it could be a 175.

Basically, I'm pretty sure I got something between 120 and 180.

StillIll

Bronze

Post by StillIll » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:42 pm

Worse by the day.

Question:

If I submitt to law schools by February, will they recieve my new score (assuming I take it in Feb) by the time they consider me for acceptance? Should I write a little caveat statement on my application?

md22

Bronze

Post by md22 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Hey all, long time lurker here (created this account a while back but never used it) and first time LSAT taker this past Saturday. My median PT score was 171 after 17 tests. I felt like Saturday went by in a blur. I felt very good going into the test, but the whole experience is sort of a haze now that I think about it.

LG - Felt that the first two games were pretty standard and I cruised through these. Game 3 was much more difficult IMO and I managed to "plug and chug" my way through it (although I'm unsure of how well I did). Game 4 is a blur to me. I remember diagramming and answering as best I could but I didn't get to #23 and I guessed on 21 and 22.

LR1 - My confidence was shaken after Section 1 but I got all the way through this one. Not sure how I did on it, but I don't remember it being overly difficult. Felt like I cruised through it (but I'm not sure whether this is indicative of a strong performance or a terrible one).

RC (exp) - Felt okay about it, but not too confident. Relieved to discover that it was the experimental.

RC2 - Felt relatively good. Probably missed several (I was usually missing between 3 and 7 on my PTs) but none of the passages gave me too much trouble. That said, I have no way to be sure which ones I answered correctly. As I said, the whole damn test feels like a blur!!

LR2 - Felt that this was my strongest section and that LR1 was definitely more difficult. There were a couple of tricky ones but I'm hoping I did well enough on the others to make up for them.

In short, I have no idea how well I did. I'm expecting anything from 160 to a score in the high 160s. I think I messed up on the LG during games 3 and 4 so I'm expecting several points off there.

Is it normal to feel like the whole test was a blur? It felt like time was moving ultra quickly.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mr. Frodo

Bronze

Post by Mr. Frodo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:01 pm

md22 wrote:
Is it normal to feel like the whole test was a blur? It felt like time was moving ultra quickly.
It is 100% normal. However, there are different types of blur. My first LSAT was a mechanical procedure in which after leaving the test I felt like I had "just" taken it to complete it. I was completely burned out. This time around, yes I still remember few questions and time seemed to fly but I maintained focus and felt like I was actually employing all I've learned and all that has become second nature to me in my prep to the test. If it was a blur but you feel like you weren't just guessing, it was probably the blur that a lot of people experience. If you feel it was the blur like you had no idea what you were doing and actually sidestepped what you've learned in your prep, then you did what I did in October and the result wasn't pretty.

You're median PT score was higher than mine though and I think its highly likely you just feel like its a blur now due to the stress and everything surrounding taking it "for real."

I wish you the best of luck.

md22

Bronze

Post by md22 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:13 pm

Mr. Frodo wrote:
md22 wrote:
It is 100% normal. However, there are different types of blur. My first LSAT was a mechanical procedure in which after leaving the test I felt like I had "just" taken it to complete it. I was completely burned out. This time around, yes I still remember few questions and time seemed to fly but I maintained focus and felt like I was actually employing all I've learned and all that has become second nature to me in my prep to the test. If it was a blur but you feel like you weren't just guessing, it was probably the blur that a lot of people experience. If you feel it was the blur like you had no idea what you were doing and actually sidestepped what you've learned in your prep, then you did what I did in October and the result wasn't pretty.

You're median PT score was higher than mine though and I think its highly likely you just feel like its a blur now due to the stress and everything surrounding taking it "for real."

I wish you the best of luck.
Thanks a lot. I wish you the best of luck as well (we'll all get 180s I'm sure)!!

I don't remember guessing at all really. The only ones I had to guess on were the last couple of questions on LG. The other sections I worked through and usually had a minute or so to spare. I have this feeling of, "well, I worked through them all and I usually do well but I have this feeling of impending doom lurking over me". :shock:

I will say that I feel like I can remember the questions that were the most challenging (there were a few of these in each section and the ones that challenged me the most seem to be the ones that were the most difficult for several people, based on what has been said around the LSAT Prep forum), but for the most part the rest of the questions all sort of blended together. Weird. I wonder if it's because of the adrenaline. :?:

BTW: Love the Wilfred pic. :mrgreen:

Poo-T

Bronze

Post by Poo-T » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:27 pm

LG: did great up until game 4, I had to guess on the last 3. So not great but still manageable
LR: Neither hard nor easy, probably -3 or -4 like usual
RC (exp): Felt alright, but glad about the Descartes passage since I'm a philosophy major.
RC: About the same, maybe a little harder, also glad about the Adam Smith passage thanks to political philosophy
LR: Fantastic! The kind of confidence I had on this section I've rarely had before. Hopefully my confidence was well founded.

All in all, I predict around a mid 160 and that's good enough for me. :)

Perhaps one day I will no longer have to feel.

e_mac7

New

Post by e_mac7 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:33 pm

RC: Moderate, some passages easier than others
LR1: Easy
LR2: Easy
LR3: What the hell....
LG 1 & 2: Niiice
LG 3 & 4: Head scratcher but workable
WS: Eh.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

LinajaMD

New

Post by LinajaMD » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:01 am

I took the OCT 2012 LSAT and the experimental WAS NOT before the break. Don't kill yourself yet!
Fiera wrote:I just need someone to please tell me the experimental section is not always the one that comes before the break before I jump off a bridge. :( Anyone?

RC: very easy
LG: pretty easy
LR: very easy
LR: definitely harder, but overall pretty easy
LG: horrible, froze, bombed, goodbye 170+ and Harvard, guessed through last 2 games.

The last LG section is probably the real one, isn't it.............

LinajaMD

New

Post by LinajaMD » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:03 am

happyshapy wrote:
Fiera wrote:I just need someone to please tell me the experimental section is not always the one that comes before the break before I jump off a bridge. :( Anyone?

LG: horrible, froze, bombed, goodbye 170+ and Harvard, guessed through last 2 games.

The real LG had morning/evening, and voicemail/websites.

I had two LG - one with radio jocks/tourists and one with real estate - but I don't remember which one went with morning/evening... Do you?

LinajaMD

New

Post by LinajaMD » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:04 am

boblawlob wrote:
Will_Imake_it wrote:anyone have LG-LR-Rc-RC-LR
if so,

was the third third RC experimental?
real RC: mexican folk, pin theory

Verified. And something about insects...

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:21 pm

LinajaMD wrote:I took the OCT 2012 LSAT and the experimental WAS NOT before the break. Don't kill yourself yet!

The last one was indeed real for RC-LG-LR-LR-LG.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”