What to eat and drink tomorrow morning?

naillsat

What to eat and drink tomorrow morning?

Postby naillsat » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:37 pm

What would be the best to eat and drink before going into the test?

I'm thinking about eating cereal/milk and 2 or 3 boiled eggs. I'll also bring a chocolate bar to eat during the break.

Is it a good idea to drink 5 hr energy before starting the test? or coffee would be better if I also want to calm down the nerves?

Br3v

Re: What to eat and drink tomorrow morning?

Postby Br3v » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:41 pm

naillsat wrote:What would be the best to eat and drink before going into the test?

I'm thinking about eating cereal/milk and 2 or 3 boiled eggs. I'll also bring a chocolate bar to eat during the break.

Is it a good idea to drink 5 hr energy before starting the test? or coffee would be better if I also want to calm down the nerves?

If you don't drink coffee or 5 hr energy every morning, don't start tomorrow.

I'd eat some type of protein and carbs for breakfast then bring a sugary (I'd go fruit not chocolate though) for snack

sabanist

Postby sabanist » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:00 pm

How does dairy react with you? I avoided it for a few days before the test and definitely on test morning, because even though I'm not lactose intolerant, my intestines don't exactly love it either. So if you have trouble digesting dairy at all without gassiness or anything, steer clear of the cereal and milk.

Br3v is right, don't start coffee or 5 hour energy if you don't use them regularly or at least know how you'll react. Caffeine really compounded my nerves on my first take (coffee + a coke) so I went easier the second time (just coffee). The adrenaline will keep you plenty awake!

The eggs are a good idea. Bacon, too, if you eat meat. I mostly chose that because I was too nauseous from the nerves to eat anything less than incredibly delicious. Even then, it tasted like sawdust.
Chocolate is fine, but I went the granola bar route both times. Echoing Br3v again, I ate nutri-grain bars because they have fruit in them.

Good luck tomorrow!

kckool7

Postby kckool7 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:11 pm

I'm eating a block of iron and drinking the tears of lost souls.

Postby 071816 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:14 pm

Red Bull and blow.

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:15 pm

naillsat wrote:What would be the best to eat and drink before going into the test?

I would do something light for breakfast, if you are prone to nerves--I had a vegan protein shake with tons of berries and chia seeds--and for the snack, if I could go back, I would have brought a banana. I brought almonds and they were too heavy.

Edit: they were too heavy because tests make me feel like I'm going to throw up, not because I'm an 80 pound Jain. I resemble my avatar.

Chaucer1343

Postby Chaucer1343 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:25 pm

ihop country omelete w/ harvest grain pancakes and a power bar before checking in

KFV

Postby KFV » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:57 pm

I'm having granola with blueberries. Bringing a banana for the break.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:33 pm

Chaucer1343 wrote:ihop country omelete w/ harvest grain pancakes and a power bar before checking in

Sounds like a horrible idea. I'd fall asleep.

red52

Postby red52 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:55 pm

peppered angus steak, amphetamines, and coffee

CyanIdes Of March

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:54 am

I ate a banana for breakfast (with the nerves and the fact that I never eat breakfast, this was all I could muster), bringing beef jerky for the break. Not sure why beef jerky, seemed like a good idea at the store last night.

RCinDNA

Postby RCinDNA » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:41 pm

kckool7 wrote:I'm eating a block of iron and drinking the tears of lost souls.

Sprinkle it with the anguished cries of sinners and you'll be set.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”