Question for Retakers

carboncopyx

Question for Retakers

Postby carboncopyx » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:12 pm

1) What, if anything, do you attribute your previous unacceptable score(s) to? Inadequate preparation? Test-day nerves? Panic when you hit a hard game/RC?

2) What steps are you taking to avoid that subpar performance on your next test day (i.e. this Saturday)?

I'm just curious as to what trips people up when they do take the test even when they have been PTing well and how one would avoid those situations come test day. Thanks in advance!

gguuueessttt

Re: Question for Retakers

Postby gguuueessttt » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:15 pm

carboncopyx wrote:1) What, if anything, do you attribute your previous unacceptable score(s) to? Inadequate preparation? Test-day nerves? Panic when you hit a hard game/RC?

2) What steps are you taking to avoid that subpar performance on your next test day (i.e. this Saturday)?

I'm just curious as to what trips people up when they do take the test even when they have been PTing well and how one would avoid those situations come test day. Thanks in advance!

1) a combination of no sleep the night before, test-day anxiety, and the fact that I hadn't drilled almost any RC (that's where I missed most qs), and I'd only taken 6 or 7 PTs, all of which were at night in my room or in Starbucks

2) trying (failing) to get on a better sleep schedule, relaxing, drilling the shit out of RC, and taking a lot of PTs in the early morning and in disruptive conditions

scottyc66

Postby scottyc66 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:16 pm

carboncopyx wrote:1) What, if anything, do you attribute your previous unacceptable score(s) to? Inadequate preparation? Test-day nerves? Panic when you hit a hard game/RC?

1. All of the above

2. Perspective, while waiting a cycle is not optimal it is always an option. Putting too much pressure on yourself can have a domino effect.

ncc5

Postby ncc5 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:32 pm

1. Mostly Test nerves and panicking when I realized there were two LG sections (for some reason I convinced myself I was done with LG forever after the first session)

2. Studying smarter. Rather than just burning through as many sections as possible, I have been redoing games to see what works in what situations, finding correct RC answers in the passage and really examining why I get tripped up on an LR question. I also did every one of the "hardest games" (dinos, kids on the bus, zephyr, stained glass) until I can tear through a section full of them in about 28 min. I've also done a lot of PT's in the morning rather than at night when I have finished the day.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”