Are we due for another killer LG?

piney

Are we due for another killer LG?

Postby piney » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:37 am

One of my biggest fears since I started studying for the LSAT is that the December test will have another killer logic game (e.g. the dinosaur game, Zephyr airlines). If that happens, I won't be going to law school this cycle. These games are too difficult, suck up huge amounts of time, and make it impossible for me to finish on time. I do easy games in under 6 min., but the killer games can take me 20.

What are the chances one of these black hole games will show up this weekend? And what's the best strategy if it does?

JUburton

Re: Are we due for another killer LG?

Postby JUburton » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:21 am

So do dinos/airlines/stained glass a few times today through friday and get used to the though process. No sense worrying about something that you can't do anything about. If it comes on test day and you recognize the game will be pretty tough (was pretty easy to do with the three above) just save it for last.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:21 am

For "killer LG's", the biggest problem is not being prepared for them when you flip to that page. So walk into to the test room with the mindset that somewhere in that recycled paper booklet is going to be a hard game, and have faith in your prep work that you will see your way through.

dextermorgan

Postby dextermorgan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:33 am

Nah, you're safe. They just had Zones. The LSAC plans these out in advance.

red52

Postby red52 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:35 am

dextermorgan wrote:Nah, you're safe. They just had Zones. The LSAC plans these out in advance.

u seriously made my morning.

I've kinda been worried about it too, but honestly I think I have come across every game situation i can think of...

3 more days :x

CyanIdes Of March

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:40 am

Zephyr Airlines is considered a hard game? Not trying to humble brag, just thought that game was pretty straight forward.

M458

Postby M458 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:01 pm

CyanIdes Of March wrote:Zephyr Airlines is considered a hard game? Not trying to humble brag, just thought that game was pretty straight forward.

The nerves on test day can seriously muck up your perception of what is an easy vs. hard game. I took the test in October, and had no issues with zones, but got KILLED by the 1st game (why the hell would a History major give a lecture on Friendship?!). It all really depends on what types of games you're strong in and whether you can keep a level-head on test day to read the rules and not panic when something that might *seem* out of the ordinary is thrown at you.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:02 pm

I want a hard LG so I can get revenge on zones

Alorain

Postby Alorain » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:13 pm

mrizza wrote:I want a hard LG so I can get revenge on zones

Shut your whore mouth, Mrizza.

mcs268

Postby mcs268 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:17 pm

I'm expecting a harder LR. last time was cake. LG i think it will be more moderate on all games (zones was like the only remotely difficult game on that test). RC not sure...prob hard again but more bc of subject matter and not weird wording like kung!

gguuueessttt

Postby gguuueessttt » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:17 pm

Alorain wrote:
mrizza wrote:I want a hard LG so I can get revenge on zones

Shut your whore mouth, Mrizza.

I want at least one of RC or LG to be super easy.

gguuueessttt

Postby gguuueessttt » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:19 pm

mcs268 wrote:I'm expecting a harder LR. last time was cake. LG i think it will be more moderate on all games (zones was like the only remotely difficult game on that test). RC not sure...prob hard again but more bc of subject matter and not weird wording like kung!

I agree. Oct LR was ridiculously easy.

I'd be super happy with a harder than avg LR, easier than avg RC, and medium LG.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:20 pm

gguuueessttt wrote:
mcs268 wrote:I'm expecting a harder LR. last time was cake. LG i think it will be more moderate on all games (zones was like the only remotely difficult game on that test). RC not sure...prob hard again but more bc of subject matter and not weird wording like kung!

I'd be super happy with a harder than avg LR, easier than avg RC, and medium LG.

This would be my absolute perfect test...

BlaqBella

Postby BlaqBella » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:22 pm

CyanIdes Of March wrote:Zephyr Airlines is considered a hard game? Not trying to humble brag, just thought that game was pretty straight forward.

It wasn't hard but time-consuming.

Zones wasn't hard or time-consuming if you saw the bigger picture of it all. I think what tripped folks up was thinking there must be three subzones assigned to each zone when in fact the rules said three subzones for each use (total of 9 max).

Overall, LG has been pretty consistent.

desiballa21

Postby desiballa21 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:22 pm

I'd like 4 standard ordering games, easy LR, easy RC, and a -12 curve please.

BlaqBella

Postby BlaqBella » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:23 pm

gguuueessttt wrote:

Gimme easy LR, medium RC and hard LG any day of the week. :lol: :lol:

Good to hear that LR is getting easier.

Alorain

Postby Alorain » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:23 pm

gguuueessttt wrote:

I would be okay with this.

But my ideal would be easy LG, average RC, and harder than average LR.

LR is a section where I'm going to make a few mistakes regardless, and don't see a lot of gain or loss in points depending on section difficulty. Most of my mistakes are dumb errors, not a lack of ability to the answer the harder questions.

gguuueessttt

Postby gguuueessttt » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:25 pm

BlaqBella wrote:

Zones wasn't hard or time-consuming if you saw the bigger picture of it all. I think what tripped folks up was thinking there must be three subzones assigned to each zone when in fact the rules said three subzones for each use (total of 9 max).

Yeah Zones wasn't a hard game but the wording was terrible. Add that to test-day anxiety/nerves and some panicked futile diagramming attempts and it hurt a lot of people. I did well on zones but I'm not huge on diagrams anyway so I didn't waste much time there.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:28 pm

gguuueessttt wrote:
BlaqBella wrote:

Yeah Zones wasn't a hard game but the wording was terrible. Add that to test-day anxiety/nerves and some panicked futile diagramming attempts and it hurt a lot of people. I did well on zones but I'm not huge on diagrams anyway so I didn't waste much time there.

Ya it was 100% the wording. Basically my RC was so bad in oct that not only did I go -6 in RC, but I let my reading skills lose me 2 more points on LG.

BlaqBella

Postby BlaqBella » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:28 pm

gguuueessttt wrote:Yeah Zones wasn't a hard game but the wording was terrible.

+100000

I thought the last rule was a typo!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

gguuueessttt

Postby gguuueessttt » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:30 pm

mrizza wrote:
Ya it was 100% the wording. Basically my RC was so bad in oct that not only did I go -6 in RC, but I let my reading skills lose me 2 more points on LG.

lol. It's bad when you lose points for RC in LG.

JUburton

Postby JUburton » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:46 pm

Give me a SuperPrepC type LG that I can go -2 on and coast through the rest of the easy test with a -13 curve. Just not a brutal RC please. And no RC experimental.

scottyc66

Postby scottyc66 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:48 pm

JUburton wrote:Give me a SuperPrepC type LG that I can go -2 on and coast through the rest of the easy test with a -13 curve. Just not a brutal RC please. And no RC experimental.

+1

JUburton

Postby JUburton » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:01 pm

I've read that the experimental is always in your first 3 sections...which would make sense. Any truth to that?

scottyc66

Postby scottyc66 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:02 pm

Wormfather wrote:
scottyc66 wrote:
JUburton wrote:Give me a SuperPrepC type LG that I can go -2 on and coast through the rest of the easy test with a -13 curve. Just not a brutal RC please. And no RC experimental.

+1

This is my biggest fear. I'm pretty good at RC but it takes some much out of me. One RC and it needs to be NOT first.

Perfect setup.

LR LG RC LR LG

Dont care which LG is experimental...unless that shit is weird...then last please.

Would love an experimental LG, I'd like:
LR LG LR RC LG

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”