LSAT Blog Unofficial Logic Games

uc2011

LSAT Blog Unofficial Logic Games

Postby uc2011 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:39 pm

Longtime lurker. First I would just like to thank everyone, TLS has been an invaluable resource throughout the process of applying to law school.

I am currently planning on retaking in one week, my score from October was 166. On the October test I went -6 on Logic Games, which was well above my average of 0-2 missed for the section. As such I have focused the majority of my study time for the December retake on Logic Games.

I have used all of the practice tests and done all of the Logic Games multiple times (with the exception of 2 PTs worth). At this point I usually don’t miss any and have plenty of time to spare. However, this past week I have gone -5 and -6 on game sections from PTs I had not previously attempted. Therefore I believe that my issue is with adapting to games I haven’t seen before, and that my perfect scores on the redone ones are largely due to having done them previously.

So, does anyone have any experience with the unofficial games from the LSAT blog? I have found the blog to be very useful and view it as a reliable source. However, the consensus seems to be to stay away from any fake stuff whatsoever. Does this same logic apply to games, or is it okay to use these given the nature of LG vs. RC and LR?
It seems to me like they would be useful in my case but I don’t want to do more harm than good in the last week of prep. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TL;DR: Are the unofficial games from the LSAT blog useful for prep or should they be avoided like all other fake LSAT prep materials?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”