Help me to stay motivated Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
mvonh001

Silver

Help me to stay motivated

Post by mvonh001 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:36 pm

I need some help on how to stay motivated and focused. During the week I have school and I go to the gym everyday, but sometimes i just cant get myself to focus and study. I'm taking the february LSAT for a second time, but am treating the preparation like its my first time. I just needs some tips and tricks to get your mind in the game and how you stay focused. I sometimes just feel like I don't have the energy to practice any problems, I know i need to get over this if i want to outperform my first attempt, but its getting a bit difficult for me to keep focused... Any tips and tricks or personal advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

hallbd16

New

Re: Help me to stay motivated

Post by hallbd16 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:26 am

Find those songs and videos to help you along. Like these (shout out to Carbon Copy for this):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N-c8MIFvaI

Combine work with rewards and have someone else dispense the rewards. Have a girlfriend/boyfriend/roommate give you that reward, for me a nice beer, only after you meet the goal of studying for x hours when you get home. Another person holding you accountable is big.

Find a study partner, daily emails texts etc saying what you did that day. Commit to nagging each other if one is slacking off.

Read articles on the consequences of law school debt. Post them on places you regularly see... or better yet, set a quote keyword, etc. as your phone screen saver when you work out. I like working out, I also trick myself when I am doing so. This gave me extra motivation in both regions of my life. In the end of the workout, you are so angry at the LSAT that all you want to do is open a book and kick its ass when you get home. (This worked well for me...do it while running)

Grow cajones.

Turn into superman

dkb17xzx

Bronze

Post by dkb17xzx » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:23 am

shitty LSAT score --> crappy school --> crappy employment prospects --> hate life for the rest of life

get some! (points)

mvonh001

Silver

Post by mvonh001 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:02 pm

dkb17xzx wrote:shitty LSAT score --> crappy school --> crappy employment prospects --> hate life for the rest of life

get some! (points)

This has been my main motivation.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”