.privacy

john09121

.privacy

Postby john09121 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:16 pm

Last edited by john09121 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffort

Re: Best free virtual proctor?

Postby Jeffort » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:58 pm

Try taking practice tests away from computers and electronic devices with just the analog wristwatch you will take to test day. Throw in self discipline so that you stop working on each section exactly when 35 minutes hits, then reset your watch to 12 or do whatever way you like to track 35 minutes, flip to the next section and proceed reading, thinking and bubbling.

Getting used to and dependent on any type of electronic device to take full timed practice tests is a bad idea since it does not simulate the conditions you will experience on test day.

Head to the library or a coffee shop or wherever with a fresh test, pencils, eraser, bubble sheet and watch, then get busy!

Do not count on more than several seconds between sections on test day. It's typically as long as it takes the proctor to say "Pencils down, stop working on section X. Turn the page to section X+1, begin". Of course not all proctors behave the same with some being a bit lax at times, but do not count on getting one like that, they are all trained to be strict with the written rules and procedures.

Scotusnerd

Postby Scotusnerd » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:05 pm

Also, when they say pencils down, they mean pencils down. I saw someone get removed because of that.

And also, never trust a computer to do your own brainwork. Bring a watch, and learn the times for yourself.

MauveT-Rex

Postby MauveT-Rex » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:48 am

If you're looking for something audible, try out the "Test Proctor" App., it's not bad at all. It even has an option to turn on some distracting noises...lol

john09121

Postby john09121 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:40 am

Scotusnerd wrote:Also, when they say pencils down, they mean pencils down. I saw someone get removed because of that.

And also, never trust a computer to do your own brainwork. Bring a watch, and learn the times for yourself.

But I was also hoping to simulate the stress/pressure of someone saying "five minutes left." I already do use a watch to pace myself. Is it really that bad of an idea to have my computer yelling at me?

Scotusnerd

Postby Scotusnerd » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:47 am

john09121 wrote:But I was also hoping to simulate the stress/pressure of someone saying "five minutes left." I already do use a watch to pace myself. Is it really that bad of an idea to have my computer yelling at me?

It is not a bad idea, it's just not a good one either. Focus on the substance of the test. You're doing it timed. If you are confident in your timing and your pacing, it won't matter if the guy yells 'five minutes' or whispers it sweetly in your ear while playing the piano. You will be confident and unaffected. Don't make it more than it is. It's just some guy reminding you of something you're keeping track of anyway. :D

Focus your fire on worthwhile parts of the test.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”