JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

pena2200

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby pena2200 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:31 pm

Wow! I never knew there were so many like minded people!

I'm a lurker that's been perusing the forum for a few weeks and decided to sign up. I'm also working towards the June 13 LSAT.

I'm debating between taking the live blueprint course in March, or just going through the online course, I feel like the main advantage to an in person class is motivation to go, but I figure anyone studying 6 months out probably has more motivation to work than the average joe studying 3-4 months out.

I am in the Bay Area, and am possibly down to study once I decide on the above. Either way, good luck everyone!

objection_your_honor

Postby objection_your_honor » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:48 pm

Started MLSAT LG 3rd Edition this weekend. Surprising amount of typos. Content is great as always. The first game took me 5 mins. Good to know I haven't completely lost it, but I know what lurks in the later chapters (the depths of the LG pit).

BlaqBella

Postby BlaqBella » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:49 pm

objection_your_honor wrote:Started MLSAT LG 3rd Edition this weekend. Surprising amount of typos.

Oh, no. :(

Chardee_MacDennis

Postby Chardee_MacDennis » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:00 pm

objection_your_honor wrote:Started MLSAT LG 3rd Edition this weekend. Surprising amount of typos. Content is great as always. The first game took me 5 mins. Good to know I haven't completely lost it, but I know what lurks in the later chapters (the depths of the LG pit).

Are you just being a grammar nazi, or do the typos detract from the lessons?

Daily_Double

Postby Daily_Double » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:02 pm

Last edited by Daily_Double on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:05 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlaqBella

Postby BlaqBella » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:10 pm

rebexness wrote:I'm going with a mix of places. First busy places (Starbucks, etc). Then quieter places (Public and Uni libraries). at the same time as the test.

I haven't looked at the proctor app, but I may.

+1. I'm also planning to sit a few at the location I plan to take the real thing, but not until a few weeks before the administration.

objection_your_honor

Postby objection_your_honor » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:07 pm

Chardee_MacDennis wrote:
objection_your_honor wrote:Started MLSAT LG 3rd Edition this weekend. Surprising amount of typos. Content is great as always. The first game took me 5 mins. Good to know I haven't completely lost it, but I know what lurks in the later chapters (the depths of the LG pit).

Are you just being a grammar nazi, or do the typos detract from the lessons?

Nothing was detracting from the lesson. Just an extra letter in a wqord.

ricekrispies

Postby ricekrispies » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:54 pm

I plan to take this in June thanks to the advice of some of the members here. Haven't started looking at anything yet or preparing at all. I hope to start shortly after Christmas. My goal is to hit 175, although higher than that is obviously preferable.

fips tedora

Postby fips tedora » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:04 pm

Most likely checking in. I just don't feel ready to take the test yet...although I've done every LR, LG, and RC from PT 29-38 more than twice and read LGB, LRB, and MRC.

pena2200

Postby pena2200 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:25 pm

Checking in - Are most of you doing self-study or a prep-class? I am very much leaning toward the blueprint online prep.

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A

Postby A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:08 pm

pena2200 wrote:Checking in - Are most of you doing self-study or a prep-class? I am very much leaning toward the blueprint online prep.

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A wrote:
warandpeace wrote:the fact that I don't know what the above posters are talking about is stressing me out/making me feel like I need to read the Bibles now...

This helped me pick what books to get:
From TLS1776's Thoughts on the LSAT People Who Did Exceptionally Well on the LSAT

This is probably worth reading. I was originally planning on doing a class, but I decided to self-study after spending time here. It's just a matter of what you can make yourself do enough to get the score you need. If you can make yourself take PTs and drill weak spots without a class, then you might not need one.

crazyrobin

Postby crazyrobin » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:04 am

Checking in. Right now I am on track with Steve Schwarz's 7 months studying plan. I am on Week three, day 5, which is a day off.... I am also doing one timed RC section everyday, yesterday I did PT 21 and got 7 wrong answers, 7/26.... I am also a ETS taker, since I will be taking GRE and IBT in March 2013 ( I want to do a dual degree while I am in Law school, English is not my first language). My target score is 176. So thrilled to cram in this post and having all the wonderful congenial fraternities. Let's ace the LSAT!!!!

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:48 am

Are any of yall incorporating a workout routine in your prep? I think this is something I neglected my first two rounds of prep and something I think can only help the process. More specifically, for those that don't have a gym membership, what are you guys doing to stay physically fit/active?

crazyrobin

Postby crazyrobin » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:49 am

CardozoLaw09 wrote:Are any of yall incorporating a workout routine in your prep? I think this is something I neglected my first two rounds of prep and something I think can only help the process. More specifically, for those that don't have a gym membership, what are you guys doing to stay physically fit/active?

I ran 5k every other day, and in between I probably ran 2 miles or so...... But lately the weather made it hard for outdoor running, not alone the terrible air pollution in Beijing. ( Yes I am from China....) bottom line, I tried to go for a walk if I can't run. BTW you woke up really early..... Early birds get the worm!!! Keep on shining!!!!

BlaqBella

Postby BlaqBella » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:51 am

CardozoLaw09 wrote:Are any of yall incorporating a workout routine in your prep? I think this is something I neglected my first two rounds of prep and something I think can only help the process. More specifically, for those that don't have a gym membership, what are you guys doing to stay physically fit/active?

This is a good idea. :wink:

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A

Postby A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:34 am

I have a music alarm with some crazy song from my running playlist that comes on 3 minutes before my normal alarm. I start doing pushups and crunches before I really know what's going on yet. This gets my brain awake immediately. I'm also going to try reading something for a short while as soon as I wake up. Christopher Walken claims reading first gets his brain awake enough to study two scripts at once, so it must be true. I'll be running a mile 3x a week, or enough to keep my legs from being shitty and weak and keep me from getting out of breath when I erase things frantically.

pena2200

Postby pena2200 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:39 pm

It is too damn cold in the morning for me to run, but I plan on doing pushups/crunches and starting to run once it warms up a bit.

Unrelated But Really Wanted to Share:

When I was studying for the GRE I found this website extremely helpful in getting me prepped for the RC questions (I find the GRE RC questions more difficult than the LSAT ones, consequently RC is my best section). I thought I'd share, it's essentially a compendium of any and all types of articles published by the intelligentsia (science, psychology, literature, history, politics):

http://www.aldaily.com/

crazyrobin

Postby crazyrobin » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:54 pm

pena2200 wrote:It is too damn cold in the morning for me to run, but I plan on doing pushups/crunches and starting to run once it warms up a bit.

When I was studying for the GRE I found this website extremely helpful in getting me prepped for the RC questions (I find the GRE RC questions more difficult than the LSAT ones, consequently RC is my best section). I thought I'd share, it's essentially a compendium of any and all types of articles published by the intelligentsia (science, psychology, literature, history, politics):

:) I checked aldaily all the time, couldn't love it more. Right now I am preparing for GRE too, will take a test in March. In my opinion GRE RC is really hard to understand, especially with those long, complicated, twisted sentences. LSAT RC is more like several opinions, evidences, and the truth is, I really enjoy reading LSAT RC. GRE RC sometimes kills me....

BlaqBella

Postby BlaqBella » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:58 pm

pena2200 wrote:It is too damn cold in the morning for me to run, but I plan on doing pushups/crunches and starting to run once it warms up a bit.

Thanks for sharing. :)

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:48 am

Been up and at it since 7. Goal is to finish the LG Bible today and also get in a few more chapters in Manhattan LR.

ricekrispies

Postby ricekrispies » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:53 pm

Ordered the MLSAT series as well as around 20 practice tests. Going to do a varied version of pithypike's guide to study. I am actually very excited to start preparing for this!

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cynthiad

Postby cynthiad » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:59 pm

jrsbaseball5 wrote:For those of you using the Schwartz study guide does it seem helpful? I don't mind purchasing it if it is going to give me the guidance that I need but I don't want to waste money either.

Try out his free week-by-week study schedule. If you need more structure but you like the schedule, then buy the day-by-day one. I just used the free one and got by fine, IMHO it's better to have a more flexible schedule, because everyone's school/work/other stuff schedule is different.

ScottRiqui

Postby ScottRiqui » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:21 pm

cynthiad wrote:
jrsbaseball5 wrote:For those of you using the Schwartz study guide does it seem helpful? I don't mind purchasing it if it is going to give me the guidance that I need but I don't want to waste money either.

Try out his free week-by-week study schedule. If you need more structure but you like the schedule, then buy the day-by-day one. I just used the free one and got by fine, IMHO it's better to have a more flexible schedule, because everyone's school/work/other stuff schedule is different.

Even the day-by-day one (the six-month version, at least) has a lot of flexibility built into it, because about half of the days are "off" days with no assignments. It's pretty easy to stay on schedule by doing assignments a day early or a day late if you need to work around other things in your life.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”