JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

User avatar
crazyrobin
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:52 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby crazyrobin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:33 pm

objection_your_honor wrote:Since I've done nothing but LG, I did an RC section yesterday just to gauge where I am at (PT 18) and went -1 with a couple minutes to spare. I think learning RC the first time permanently changed the way I read. I was also reading a lot after my first take, focusing on form and looking for arguments.

In that way, I think prepping for RC is good long-term investment.

I am more than jealous.....
:D
Great work!!!
What do you read btw?

User avatar
redecember
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:38 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby redecember » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:08 pm

Started studying two days ago and took 1 PT

LG: -3
RC: -9 (didn't get to 4th passage)
LG: -7, -7

Currently doing the LGB, but I was wondering if I should practice LR and RC while doing the LGB or just finish the LGB first before I get to RC or LR.

Suggestions?

User avatar
objection_your_honor
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby objection_your_honor » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:12 pm

crazyrobin wrote:
objection_your_honor wrote:Since I've done nothing but LG, I did an RC section yesterday just to gauge where I am at (PT 18) and went -1 with a couple minutes to spare. I think learning RC the first time permanently changed the way I read. I was also reading a lot after my first take, focusing on form and looking for arguments.

In that way, I think prepping for RC is good long-term investment.

I am more than jealous.....
:D
Great work!!!
What do you read btw?


Anything nonfiction that sounds interesting. I read The Death and Life of Great American Cities by Jane Jacobs after seeing new urbanism as an RC topic in PT60, for example.

shieldofachilles
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:25 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby shieldofachilles » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:53 pm

i love how this thread completely erupted when kaplan came up...personally thought that was hilarious.

class is boring so im doing games lol. Anybody do the parakeet finch in/out game. i got a -0 on it but i think i just got lucky--was a little baffled throughout. it looks like a pretty standard in/out game, but still struggled with it.

User avatar
Pmoney51
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 2:34 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Pmoney51 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:34 pm

First time checking in. I'm starting my studying with the LRB. Is anyone else using Pithypike's study guide?

Edit: Also any info about how the casebriefs.com free LSAT course is? If I decide to use it, I only plan on using it as a backup to the PS Bibles.

User avatar
ScottRiqui
Posts: 3640
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby ScottRiqui » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:49 pm

shieldofachilles wrote:i love how this thread completely erupted when kaplan came up...personally thought that was hilarious.

class is boring so im doing games lol. Anybody do the parakeet finch in/out game. i got a -0 on it but i think i just got lucky--was a little baffled throughout. it looks like a pretty standard in/out game, but still struggled with it.


If that's the one where the birds are either 'on display' or in one of two cages, I remember that the game got a lot easier once you realized that at least one of the parakeet pairs always had to be on display at all times.

User avatar
John_rizzy_rawls
Posts: 3477
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:23 pm

redecember wrote:Started studying two days ago and took 1 PT

LG: -3
RC: -9 (didn't get to 4th passage)
LG: -7, -7

Currently doing the LGB, but I was wondering if I should practice LR and RC while doing the LGB or just finish the LGB first before I get to RC or LR.

Suggestions?


Personally I'm not touching LR or RC until I master LG. But this is a personal preference as I go -0-2 on LR and RC consistently but need to get faster with accuracy on LG so I want to master that before moving on.

User avatar
A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A
Posts: 628
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:32 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:45 pm

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
redecember wrote:Started studying two days ago and took 1 PT

LG: -3
RC: -9 (didn't get to 4th passage)
LG: -7, -7

Currently doing the LGB, but I was wondering if I should practice LR and RC while doing the LGB or just finish the LGB first before I get to RC or LR.

Suggestions?


Personally I'm not touching LR or RC until I master LG.


This for me too. Doing LG exclusively until it feels as natural as LR and RC.

User avatar
ScottRiqui
Posts: 3640
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby ScottRiqui » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:51 pm

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
redecember wrote:Started studying two days ago and took 1 PT

LG: -3
RC: -9 (didn't get to 4th passage)
LG: -7, -7

Currently doing the LGB, but I was wondering if I should practice LR and RC while doing the LGB or just finish the LGB first before I get to RC or LR.

Suggestions?


Personally I'm not touching LR or RC until I master LG.


This for me too. Doing LG exclusively until it feels as natural as LR and RC.


I'm doing mostly LG, but with 4-1/2 months left, I'm still allowing myself some time to do LR/RC as well, if for no other reason than it keeps me from getting frustrated with LG practice.

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby rebexness » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:54 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Striderite3
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 12:20 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Striderite3 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:00 pm

Checking in as well. Using PithyPike's study guide, although I did the first month and a half back in the fall when I was planning on taking the Feb. LSAT. I'm probably going to start over at month just to ensure I have a solid foundation. I have the LGB and LRB but I'm still contemplating if I need to invest in a RC "book" or study plan. May just use Voyagers or Piggy's to begin with.

User avatar
A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A
Posts: 628
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:32 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:04 pm

Is it normal that I feel stressed about only having 4½ months left to study, or is that crazy?

User avatar
redecember
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:38 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby redecember » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:06 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys... I love TLS :D

User avatar
redecember
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:38 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby redecember » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:13 pm

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A wrote:Is it normal that I feel stressed about only having 4½ months left to study, or is that crazy?


I personally think that 4½ months is still plenty of time. Maybe it's because I only studied for 2 months for the december test, but if you manage your time well i'm sure you'll be fine. If not, you always have october?

Are you working or going to school?

User avatar
ScottRiqui
Posts: 3640
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby ScottRiqui » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:18 pm

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A wrote:Is it normal that I feel stressed about only having 4½ months left to study, or is that crazy?

I would say it's crazy, except that the time is going by so quickly. It's weird to think that a year from now, I'll be waiting on acceptances, only a few months away from being out of the Navy after twenty years, and getting started on studying for the patent bar examination.

User avatar
CardozoLaw09
Posts: 1745
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:29 pm

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A wrote:Is it normal that I feel stressed about only having 4½ months left to study, or is that crazy?


Na I don't think it's crazy at all; times going to fly by and it'll be June before you know it. I'm prepping without the mentality of "it's so early no point going hard now," that'll only slow me down.

User avatar
A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A
Posts: 628
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:32 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:35 pm

I think I'm getting all emotional because it's my first time. October isn't even in my vocabulary until I walk out of the test and the drunken self-loathing and uncertainty begin. I'm really going to love freaking out in the June waiting thread.

User avatar
fips tedora
Posts: 3735
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby fips tedora » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:54 pm

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
redecember wrote:Started studying two days ago and took 1 PT

LG: -3
RC: -9 (didn't get to 4th passage)
LG: -7, -7

Currently doing the LGB, but I was wondering if I should practice LR and RC while doing the LGB or just finish the LGB first before I get to RC or LR.

Suggestions?


Personally I'm not touching LR or RC until I master LG.


This for me too. Doing LG exclusively until it feels as natural as LR and RC.

You guys should really be doing that with LR. Once you get comfortable with LR then you can start focusing on LG, it's easy to hit -0 once you get LG down, whereas LR and RC not so much. I would recommend going through LR by question type untimed, then work up to timed sections while starting LG by question type untimed. Always gotta keep one fresh while building another.

Daily_Double
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Daily_Double » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:54 am

.
Last edited by Daily_Double on Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bizzybone1313
Posts: 996
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby bizzybone1313 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:57 am

One day future LSAT preppers are going to say: I have completed 50 PT's; I only have 50 PT's more to go. Future TLS'ers are going to drive themselves insane by completing 100 PT's about 10 years from now.

Daily_Double
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Daily_Double » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:01 am

.
Last edited by Daily_Double on Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
crazyrobin
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:52 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby crazyrobin » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:19 am

Drilled 4 simple ordering games, all difficulty level 1

PT3 -S1-G2 4:28 -0
PT12-S2-G1 4:30 -0
PT23-S1-G1 3:51 -0
PT26-S1-G2 4:01 -0

Starting on MLB drill.
I am waaaaaaay behind. Will catch up on you guys

jaiyenyen
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:37 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby jaiyenyen » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:41 am

i feel behind. . . .

User avatar
CardozoLaw09
Posts: 1745
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:55 am

Sooo I'm pretty pumped right now! Just finished PT16's RC in 34 mins and went an all time best of -2 !! I was originally going to do this section untimed but decided last minute to do it timed. Confidence booster for sureeeee - good to know there's hope to do be able to kill an RC section.

User avatar
crazyrobin
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:52 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby crazyrobin » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:00 am

CardozoLaw09 wrote:Sooo I'm pretty pumped right now! Just finished PT16's RC in 34 mins and went an all time best of -2 !! I was originally going to do this section untimed but decided last minute to do it timed. Confidence booster for sureeeee - good to know there's hope to do be able to kill an RC section.

Good job!!! Feelsgoodman to kill RC
:D




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alldemwitches, BOSStongrl, Google [Bot], Instrumental, Yahoo [Bot] and 20 guests