JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

sublime

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby sublime » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:59 pm

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:03 pm

The-Specs wrote:On a completely different note, as anyone else noticed that the last three released PTs (66-68) have all started with RC? Coincidence? Statistically that trend can't continue, right?

On test day, the order is basically random. There are several different versions of the test, with different experimental sections and different section orders. You never know what you're going to get!

Daily_Double wrote:I chew a lot of gum, I'll probably chew some during the break. I'm still not sure exactly what I can bring into the test center though, so maybe I will, maybe I won't. I mean I know what I must bring, and what I must not bring, but I'm not sure what I can bring (gum, cigarettes, dip) with me and use during the break.

I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to chew gum during the actual test, but I imagine you'd be fine chewing it during the break. And I'm pretty sure they don't frisk you; just stick in your pocket, and if they take issue with it at break time, just pretend you forgot it was there when you got dressed.

mvonh001

Postby mvonh001 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:07 pm

Anyone care to shed some light on Game 3 PT 64? I started doing it but i think i diagrammed it wrong, or something because it took me forever and resulted in me have to guess on 2 questions for game 4 which was worlds easier.

My setup was as follow

__ __ __ _*_ __ __ _* _**
r1 r2 s1 s2 t1 t2 y1 y2
F - F ----- ( H ) - J - J

Now that i think about it i think the fact that I didnt have the revelation that no two bikes could be tested the same day until late in the game really fucked my time... but i would still appriate feedback on my diagram.

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:15 pm

mvonh001 wrote:Anyone care to shed some light on Game 3 PT 64? I started doing it but i think i diagrammed it wrong, or something because it took me forever and resulted in me have to guess on 2 questions for game 4 which was worlds easier.

My setup was as follow

r1 r2 s1 s2 t1 t2 y1 y2

Now that i think about it i think the fact that I didnt have the revelation that no two bikes could be tested the same day until late in the game really fucked my time... but i would still appriate feedback on my diagram.

I think yours could be made a bit simpler. All we have is two days of bike rentals, and to me it looks simpler if the testers are put together on the same line.

I just did
R __ __
S __ __
T __ __
Y __ __

Box around Y1 and S2, H on the right of the T, and the no F for R or J for Y (I think that's what it was?) noted on the right of the Y or R.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:59 pm

How's everyone spending the day? I'm on an LG section bender. I just keep doing LG sections.. O_O

MKX

Postby MKX » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:08 pm

SteelPenguin wrote:I should probably get a photo taken this week, right? I'll also have to figure out whether or not I want to show up to the test looking like a disheveled bum or not.

What are the requirements on this picture?

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:13 pm

MKX wrote:
SteelPenguin wrote:I should probably get a photo taken this week, right? I'll also have to figure out whether or not I want to show up to the test looking like a disheveled bum or not.

http://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/photo-requirements.asp

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:52 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
MKX wrote:

The "unacceptable photograph" examples are silly, heh. I especially like the last one with the whole family.

SteelPenguin

Postby SteelPenguin » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:57 pm

Oh god, I almost died while taking PT 64. Forgive me for being so panicky about a 176, but I thought I had around a -12 when I finished.

176 / (95/101)
LR: -1
LG: -1 (kind of ran out of time, but expected to finish with a -4-5. Only had 7ish minutes for game 4, finished it no problem, didn't get back to #18 with enough time to give it a real chance though)
LR: -3
RC: -1

For RC, even though the material was pretty straightforward in all four passages, I thought the wording of some of the questions was a bit trickier than usual.

SteelPenguin

Postby SteelPenguin » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:59 pm

wtrcoins3 wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
MKX wrote:

The "unacceptable photograph" examples are silly, heh. I especially like the last one with the whole family.

I kind of picture someone terrible with technology trying to set their own photo up and constantly encountering problems with size, contrast, timing, etc.

mvonh001

Postby mvonh001 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:01 pm

Just completed Pt 64, went 163... Unfortunately it looks like that is going to be around what my score will be on Monday.

I went -3 LR1, -6 on LG, -7 on LR2, and -7 on RC.

I attribute my lacking LR2 because i was interrupted mid was by a friend and had to catch up with him. All of my wrong answers were after he came by. My LG game 3 fucked up my stride. Should have went [-0] -3 in that section. LR1 was a killer, meaning I killed it. Lol, at least to me a -3 is adequate. If i had -3, -3, -3 and kept -7 in RC I would have had a ~167 and that would be satisfactory for me. But RC was a killer on this one... Anyone agree with that? I don't care about mexicans or russians at all.

I'm going to review the shit out of this one tomorrow, and take PT 66 on saturday and hopefully end it all with a high note.

wtrcoins3 wrote:
mvonh001 wrote:Anyone care to shed some light on Game 3 PT 64? I started doing it but i think i diagrammed it wrong, or something because it took me forever and resulted in me have to guess on 2 questions for game 4 which was worlds easier.

My setup was as follow

r1 r2 s1 s2 t1 t2 y1 y2

I think yours could be made a bit simpler. All we have is two days of bike rentals, and to me it looks simpler if the testers are put together on the same line.

I just did
R __ __
S __ __
T __ __
Y __ __

Box around Y1 and S2, H on the right of the T, and the no F for R or J for Y (I think that's what it was?) noted on the right of the Y or R.

Ya, i just couldnt for the life of me visualize that setup and still hadnt considered it until you just posted it. The way the answers were lined up for the orientation q of that game had me confused even more as it went by bike type then listed the people who would review it in a weird way.

IDk what to do about LG, what was once my strongest part, is now my 2nd strongest part (that sounds better than it actually is).

Idk which types of games to review before monday, any suggestions??

mvonh001

Postby mvonh001 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:02 pm

SteelPenguin wrote:Oh god, I almost died while taking PT 64. Forgive me for being so panicky about a 176, but I thought I had around a -12 when I finished.

176 / (95/101)
LR: -1
LG: -1 (kind of ran out of time, but expected to finish with a -4-5. Only had 7ish minutes for game 4, finished it no problem, didn't get back to #18 with enough time to give it a real chance though)
LR: -3
RC: -1

For RC, even though the material was pretty straightforward in all four passages, I thought the wording of some of the questions was a bit trickier than usual.

Is that why i got raped? I guess that makes sense. I hope PT 69 isnt like that one.

sublime

Postby sublime » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:04 pm

objection_your_honor

Postby objection_your_honor » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:11 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:How's everyone spending the day? I'm on an LG section bender. I just keep doing LG sections.. O_O

Just trying to stay calm. I've done PT 62's LG, but that's it. (Second time through it? 30 mins.)

Not stressing. 8)

Daily_Double

Postby Daily_Double » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:17 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:How's everyone spending the day? I'm on an LG section bender. I just keep doing LG sections.. O_O

Back-Back PTs near a construction zone. Fun right?

mqt

Postby mqt » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:19 pm

Gonna keep plugging through LR questions, and glancing through the Manhattan LR and RC guides the next couple days, then take PT 68 on Saturday. Sunday will be my unwind day.

SteelPenguin

Postby SteelPenguin » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:22 pm

Daily_Double wrote:

I did half my PT with siding being put on my house about 15 feet away from my desk. I'm confident that I'll be ready for any distractions except maybe prolonged conversations.

Did you actively go out to find a construction zone to practice?

Daily_Double

Postby Daily_Double » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:25 pm

SteelPenguin wrote:
Daily_Double wrote:

I did half my PT with siding being put on my house about 15 feet away from my desk. I'm confident that I'll be ready for any distractions except maybe prolonged conversations.

God no. I'm much too lazy for that. Luckily, or unfortunately depending upon the time, the house next to my new one is undergoing extensive renovations; they're adding a balcony to their house, which conveniently is twelve feet away from the desk in my window. So I guess this is more so, a zone in which construction is taking place, whether or not that is equivalent to a construction zone, however, is up to interpretation.

okaygo

Postby okaygo » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:28 pm

Today I'm drilling LR to death. And tomorrow I will be drilling RC science passages. Then Saturday is PT 67 (last fresh PT). Still not quite sure how I plan to attack Sunday.

SteelPenguin

Postby SteelPenguin » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:29 pm

Daily_Double wrote:
SteelPenguin wrote:
Daily_Double wrote:

God no. I'm much too lazy for that. Luckily, or unfortunately depending upon the time, the house next to my new one is undergoing extensive renovations; they're adding a balcony to their house, which conveniently is twelve feet away from the desk in my window. So I guess this is more so, a zone in which construction is taking place, whether or not that is equivalent to a construction zone, however, is up to interpretation.

Close enough. I've just heard of a few people suggesting to go out and do that, and it sounds like a ridiculous, impractical hassle.

objection_your_honor

Postby objection_your_honor » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:29 pm

Daily_Double wrote:
SteelPenguin wrote:
Daily_Double wrote:

I'd call it a construction zone's subzone.

isuperserial

Postby isuperserial » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:32 pm

okaygo wrote:Today I'm drilling LR to death. And tomorrow I will be drilling RC science passages. Then Saturday is PT 67 (last fresh PT). Still not quite sure how I plan to attack Sunday night.

My plan of attack for Sunday is drilling a bit during the day, then going to the theater to watch Superman fight for justice. Then back at home in time for bed at 10. Somewhere in there ice cream will be involved.

okaygo

Postby okaygo » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:37 pm

isuperserial wrote:
okaygo wrote:Today I'm drilling LR to death. And tomorrow I will be drilling RC science passages. Then Saturday is PT 67 (last fresh PT). Still not quite sure how I plan to attack Sunday night.

My plan of attack for Sunday is drilling a bit during the day, then going to the theater to watch Superman fight for justice. Then back at home in time for bed at 10. Somewhere in there ice cream will be involved.

I like this plan. Substitute ice cream from brownies and it shall happen.

okaygo

Postby okaygo » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:37 pm

Also, I don't know about you all but I am so so so grateful that I'm sitting for this exam during my peak brain hours.

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:44 pm

So far today I've done PT27s LG (snakes and lizards) and went -2; and some PT review/very light drilling. And then I ended up taking a nap which I NEVER do; going to some more drilling and some LG sections later. Mostly trying to stay calm at this point and remind myself that I know my shit.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”