JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

User avatar
the_pakalypse
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:34 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby the_pakalypse » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:19 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
objection_your_honor wrote:With RC and LR, how bad can it really be? A legendary LG is fucking scary.


Yeah, the fear of having a future legendary LG section keeps me up at night.


Explains the name :P

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:23 pm

Noticing a distressing pattern: all of my lowest scores in this cycle of studying are in the most recent tests. This is the same thing that happened with the last test (and those scores ended up being better predictions of my test day result). 64: 176, 65: 177, 66, 178, 68: 176. And 66 and 68 were retakes, which is worse.

Wish I could figure out what's going wrong with these tests..

the_pakalypse wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
objection_your_honor wrote:With RC and LR, how bad can it really be? A legendary LG is fucking scary.


Yeah, the fear of having a future legendary LG section keeps me up at night.


Explains the name :P


Hahaha.. the most dangerous game is lizards and snakes.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby wtrc » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:28 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Noticing a distressing pattern: all of my lowest scores in this cycle of studying are in the most recent tests. This is the same thing that happened with the last test (and those scores ended up being better predictions of my test day result). 64: 176, 65: 177, 66, 178, 68: 176. And 66 and 68 were retakes, which is worse.

Wish I could figure out what's going wrong with these tests..

the_pakalypse wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
objection_your_honor wrote:With RC and LR, how bad can it really be? A legendary LG is fucking scary.


Yeah, the fear of having a future legendary LG section keeps me up at night.



Same to both counts. First time I took tests in the 50s and 40s I did way better than those in 64+. When I retook the recent ones I did a lot better and barely remembered anything, so hoping it was actual improvement.

And for LG... I think I can tell when a game will be awful. If its not the 4th game, I may skip to the next and come back to it if something terrible is thrown our way. Having said that 68/4 looked pretty tame at first...

californiauser
Posts: 1184
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:10 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby californiauser » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:40 pm

Praying to the LSAT gods for 4 "normal" LSAT games. Please don't get tricky on this test LSAC :)

User avatar
Pneumonia
Posts: 1644
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Pneumonia » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:55 pm

171 on PT 67

Finally encountered the infamous zones game, missed 2 on it for a -3 on LG. -2 RC and -1/-3 LR.

Just barely averaging 173 from tests in the 60's, down from averaging 177 in the 50's. Suspect the new LG formats to be the main culprit. Taking 68 on Friday and 66 on Saturday. Anyone have tips for drastically improving my LG skills in three days? I thought I had them down after -0'ing 10+ tests in a row but the 60's are really getting to me?

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby mvonh001 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:05 pm

Pneumonia wrote:171 on PT 67

Finally encountered the infamous zones game, missed 2 on it for a -3 on LG. -2 RC and -1/-3 LR.

Just barely averaging 173 from tests in the 60's, down from averaging 177 in the 50's. Suspect the new LG formats to be the main culprit. Taking 68 on Friday and 66 on Saturday. Anyone have tips for drastically improving my LG skills in three days? I thought I had them down after -0'ing 10+ tests in a row but the 60's are really getting to me?



I would love some of these tips as well.

Daily_Double
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Daily_Double » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:09 pm

I think BP Shinner's prediction is off, specifically the curve. Though I do feel that RC will be difficult, but on the whole straightforward, and LG will be tough, but straightforward as well. I've got a gut feeling that the curve will be -9 today. Also, I've got a feeling, that there's going to be two tricky games, neither will be legendary, but both will be tough, one will be an in-out grouping, the other a bookshelf/hotel game. And I think the tricky RC passage will be about some scientific observation involving evolution.

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby mvonh001 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:11 pm

Daily_Double wrote:I think BP Shinner's prediction is off, specifically the curve. Though I do feel that RC will be difficult, but on the whole straightforward, and LG will be tough, but straightforward as well. I've got a gut feeling that the curve will be -9 today. Also, I've got a feeling, that there's going to be two tricky games, neither will be legendary, but both will be tough, one will be an in-out grouping, the other a bookshelf/hotel game. And I think the tricky RC passage will be about some scientific observation involving evolution.



I hope that isn't the case. Those tight curves really fuck you up when you make careless errors.

Daily_Double
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Daily_Double » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:12 pm

At the end of the day, we're ready for this. These predictions mean literally nothing. Show me what you got LSAC.

User avatar
longlivetheking
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:15 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby longlivetheking » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:14 pm

just bombed game 4 of PT 68. holy shit was that shit brutal. like i went -5 on that fuckign game alone.

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby The-Specs » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:34 pm

I have been waiting for the predictions for some time now but I am with DD. I don't think we see a Mauve status game. I think we will see dense convoluted LR and boring RC (the kind of stuff that is difficult to connect with). No way the curve is outside of -11. I feel like the tests are getting harder because we are getting better not the other way around.

Bottom line is that the predictions don't change anything. The test is the same today as I was yesterday and the same on Monday as it is today. This is what we have all been training for. I dare LSAC to give me something I can't do on the day of the test.

User avatar
longlivetheking
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:15 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby longlivetheking » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:38 pm

The-Specs wrote: I dare LSAC to give me something I can't do on the day of the test.



have you tried game 4 of pt 68?

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby The-Specs » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:43 pm

longlivetheking wrote:
The-Specs wrote: I dare LSAC to give me something I can't do on the day of the test.



have you tried game 4 of pt 68?


Yes, 11 min today, finished the section in 30 min and got a 180 on the test.

I'm not saying that it won't be hard but we can do it.

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby mvonh001 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:47 pm

The-Specs wrote:
longlivetheking wrote:
The-Specs wrote: I dare LSAC to give me something I can't do on the day of the test.



have you tried game 4 of pt 68?


Yes, 11 min today, finished the section in 30 min and got a 180 on the test.

I'm not saying that it won't be hard but we can do it.



I'm very jealous...

User avatar
CardozoLaw09
Posts: 1749
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:48 pm

longlivetheking wrote:
The-Specs wrote: I dare LSAC to give me something I can't do on the day of the test.



have you tried game 4 of pt 68?


It's not a game that any of us can't handle; it's an ordering game with a few twists. What makes it difficult is the amount of possibilities the game entails, but it's nothing out of the ordinary. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing a game similar to that on test day; though I admit I might just be saying that because I finished it in 10 mins and went -0 on it today. But like you, I missed 3 on my first attempt (today was my second go at it) so don't beat yourself up over it - it's a tough game, but nothing new.

User avatar
longlivetheking
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:15 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby longlivetheking » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:54 pm

i'm currently PTing 170+ and sometimes dipping into 168 territory for PT60-68. should i postpone? i was PTing 177 average in 45-59. i need at least a 170 or bye bye law school. someone advise me please... :cry:

sasquatchsam
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby sasquatchsam » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:55 pm

Just finished PT 67


RC -1
LR1 -0
LG -2
LR2 - 2
176

Thought I bombed the RC but only got #12 wrong. LG didn't seem too bad but I goofed and forgot to switch one of my answers after I had corrected an error later in the game. I am tired after a full day of work and rushed through the last LR section. I finished with 10 minutes left but both incorrect answers were a result of failing to read all of the answer choices :oops: I am hoping taking these things after work has built my stamina enough that I won't be mentally tired on game day. I have been taking them without an experimental or any breaks. Anybody have thoughts on this strategy?

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby wtrc » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:59 pm

Stop that crazy talk everybody. This will not be a -9 curve.

LG: First game is linear, no twists, almost pure sequencing.
Second game is easy grouping
Third game is the tough and time consuming one. In-out grouping, but a twist with linear elements too.
Fourth game is pretty standard. I like the bookshelf prediction, but instead of bookshelves I'm thinking cubbies.

RC: Hope everyone is ready to read about sunflowers having special properties that nurtured the soil in present-day Kazakhstan in the 1800's according to botanists.

LR: The usual. LR1 seems to be all about N/A questions, while LR2 has a few tricky parallel reasoning questions. I don't give a shit about pollution killing turtles because of algae in an imaginary lake, but apparently LSAC does.

We're talking a -11 curve. And many here pissed, because they were one question away from a 175 and got a 173 instead.

User avatar
CardozoLaw09
Posts: 1749
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:03 am

wtrcoins3 wrote:Stop that crazy talk everybody. This will not be a -9 curve.

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby mvonh001 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:07 am

wtrcoins3 wrote:Stop that crazy talk everybody. This will not be a -9 curve.

LG: First game is linear, no twists, almost pure sequencing.
Second game is easy grouping
Third game is the tough and time consuming one. In-out grouping, but a twist with linear elements too.
Fourth game is pretty standard. I like the bookshelf prediction, but instead of bookshelves I'm thinking cubbies.

RC: Hope everyone is ready to read about sunflowers having special properties that nurtured the soil in present-day Kazakhstan in the 1800's according to botanists.

LR: The usual. LR1 seems to be all about N/A questions, while LR2 has a few tricky parallel reasoning questions. I don't give a shit about pollution killing turtles because of algae in an imaginary lake, but apparently LSAC does.

We're talking a -11 curve. And many here pissed, because they were one question away from a 175 and got a 173 instead.



Gospel

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:11 am

wtrcoins3 wrote:Stop that crazy talk everybody. This will not be a -9 curve.

LG: First game is linear, no twists, almost pure sequencing.
Second game is easy grouping
Third game is the tough and time consuming one. In-out grouping, but a twist with linear elements too.
Fourth game is pretty standard. I like the bookshelf prediction, but instead of bookshelves I'm thinking cubbies.

RC: Hope everyone is ready to read about sunflowers having special properties that nurtured the soil in present-day Kazakhstan in the 1800's according to botanists.

LR: The usual. LR1 seems to be all about N/A questions, while LR2 has a few tricky parallel reasoning questions. I don't give a shit about pollution killing turtles because of algae in an imaginary lake, but apparently LSAC does.

We're talking a -11 curve. And many here pissed, because they were one question away from a 175 and got a 173 instead.


Best post of the thread.

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby The-Specs » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:18 am

mvonh001 wrote:
The-Specs wrote:
longlivetheking wrote:
The-Specs wrote: I dare LSAC to give me something I can't do on the day of the test.



have you tried game 4 of pt 68?


Yes, 11 min today, finished the section in 30 min and got a 180 on the test.

I'm not saying that it won't be hard but we can do it.



I'm very jealous...


No need, it can be done, keep at it. My first two LSAT's were a 164 and a 162. I am just hoping to do better this time around.

User avatar
objection_your_honor
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby objection_your_honor » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:24 am

wtrcoins3 wrote:RC: Hope everyone is ready to read about sunflowers having special properties that nurtured the soil in present-day Kazakhstan in the 1800's according to botanists.


I lost it. :lol:

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby mvonh001 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:29 am

The-Specs wrote:
No need, it can be done, keep at it. My first two LSAT's were a 164 and a 162. I am just hoping to do better this time around.



I'm sure you will... This is gonna be your 3rd take? Wow, I couldnt even imagine what would be going through my head if this was my 3rd take and i wasnt hitting above where i wanted to score. Good thing its hard to hit about a 180... lol

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby The-Specs » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:38 am

mvonh001 wrote:
The-Specs wrote:
No need, it can be done, keep at it. My first two LSAT's were a 164 and a 162. I am just hoping to do better this time around.



I'm sure you will... This is gonna be your 3rd take? Wow, I couldnt even imagine what would be going through my head if this was my 3rd take and i wasnt hitting above where i wanted to score. Good thing its hard to hit about a 180... lol


Haha yeah but no one should ever have to take it three times, I should have been smarter. In the end though if I get above a 170 it will all be worth it.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests