JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby SteelPenguin » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:01 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
SteelPenguin wrote:Alright, how is PT 62-RC-15 A? B, and even C ("strictly" makes it wrong) both seem like better answers. I can't figure out how A makes sense.


B is wrong because passage A does not mention overall health. Only B does.
C is wrong, as you said, because of "strictly."

A is right because passage A talks about the link between the dental records (archaeological record) and the development of agriculture. Evidence: Lines 1-5. Passage B talks about the decline in health and the increasing dependence (hence, development) on agriculture over time (lines 39-45) and uses dental caries (again, archaeological record) as evidence.


Thanks man and daily, you clarified that for me. That question still makes me mad.

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby The-Specs » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:29 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:
lawschoolplease1 wrote:this test needs to end.


On the contrary, I'm going to actually miss LSAT prep when it's all said and done. And I know I'm not the only one :wink:


As surprised as I am to say it I feel exactly the same way.

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby SteelPenguin » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:40 pm

The-Specs wrote:
CardozoLaw09 wrote:
lawschoolplease1 wrote:this test needs to end.


On the contrary, I'm going to actually miss LSAT prep when it's all said and done. And I know I'm not the only one :wink:


As surprised as I am to say it I feel exactly the same way.


I decided to take last night off, and I had trouble finding something entertaining to do.

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby mvonh001 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:43 pm

SteelPenguin wrote:
The-Specs wrote:
CardozoLaw09 wrote:
lawschoolplease1 wrote:this test needs to end.


On the contrary, I'm going to actually miss LSAT prep when it's all said and done. And I know I'm not the only one :wink:


As surprised as I am to say it I feel exactly the same way.


I decided to take last night off, and I had trouble finding something entertaining to do.



(GoT -> Veep) -> ~Boring night

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2223
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby jingosaur » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:16 pm

RhymesLikeDimes wrote:PT 65 today:

LR1: -0
LG: -0
RC: -3 (#13, 25, 27. Must have spent 3 minutes on #19 (what a miserable question that is), and wound up with only 70 seconds for the last 3 Qs.)
LR2: -0

Raw: 98 ---> Scaled: 180


Feelin' fine.


I took 65 yesterday and came away with a 176 (-2, -0, -4, -1). #27 on RC was the only one that I really didn't understand why I got it wrong. Does anyone have an explanation for this?

User avatar
CardozoLaw09
Posts: 1750
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:29 pm

goldbh7 wrote:
RhymesLikeDimes wrote:PT 65 today:

LR1: -0
LG: -0
RC: -3 (#13, 25, 27. Must have spent 3 minutes on #19 (what a miserable question that is), and wound up with only 70 seconds for the last 3 Qs.)
LR2: -0

Raw: 98 ---> Scaled: 180


Feelin' fine.


I took 65 yesterday and came away with a 176 (-2, -0, -4, -1). #27 on RC was the only one that I really didn't understand why I got it wrong. Does anyone have an explanation for this?


From lines 8 - 12 in the first paragraph we know thistles proliferate when plants are left unplanted ie) Unplanted ---> Thistles. The last paragraph recommends restoring natural plant diversity by introducing beneficial microorganisms into the soil (lines 56 - 58). What these microorganisms are supposed to do is strengthen the plant roots to help fight off against diseases so that plants can grow and thus curtail thistle proliferation; answer choice B, similarly, talks about defending candidates (plant roots) from attack (diseases). All of the other answer choices contain the same first half but all differ with respect to the second half and the second half of B is the only one that analogously portrays what's going on.

User avatar
MKX
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby MKX » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:53 pm

Okay I come to you guys for advice because I just got a -11 in a LR section and am having a complete breakdown.

My dream school is Northwestern. I have a less than stellar gpa (3.4) so I need a good LSAT probably a 170+. 2 months ago I tested at a 150 and now im testing mid 160s, obviously not good enough yet. I have yet to hit a 170.

I am strongly considering postponing. My study habits were solid but not amazing. I know what I have to do. My concern is that taking in October may be too late for application process and it'll really hurt me since my GPA isn't ideal. I am considering postponing if it is not too late. I hope by October im averaging 180s on my pts. But a part of me is saying study like crazy these next 5days, go there Monday, do my best and hope for some luck to get a 170+. If I don't then just to retake in October. What do you guus think? Mental breakdown here...

User avatar
objection_your_honor
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby objection_your_honor » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:13 pm

MKX wrote:Okay I come to you guys for advice because I just got a -11 in a LR section and am having a complete breakdown.

My dream school is Northwestern. I have a less than stellar gpa (3.4) so I need a good LSAT probably a 170+. 2 months ago I tested at a 150 and now im testing mid 160s, obviously not good enough yet. I have yet to hit a 170.

I am strongly considering postponing. My study habits were solid but not amazing. I know what I have to do. My concern is that taking in October may be too late for application process and it'll really hurt me since my GPA isn't ideal. I am considering postponing if it is not too late. I hope by October im averaging 180s on my pts. But a part of me is saying study like crazy these next 5days, go there Monday, do my best and hope for some luck to get a 170+. If I don't then just to retake in October. What do you guus think? Mental breakdown here...


You're going to be fine either way. Just remember that.

If you haven't hit a 170 yet, it is very unlikely at this point that you're going to score above a 170 on test day. I would strongly consider taking in October. Generally anything before Thanksgiving is considered normal. You won't be the earliest applicant, but a higher LSAT on a November app will fare better than a lower LSAT on a September app.

You don't have to make a decision on this until the night before the test.

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby ManoftheHour » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:14 pm

SteelPenguin wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
SteelPenguin wrote:Alright, how is PT 62-RC-15 A? B, and even C ("strictly" makes it wrong) both seem like better answers. I can't figure out how A makes sense.


B is wrong because passage A does not mention overall health. Only B does.
C is wrong, as you said, because of "strictly."

A is right because passage A talks about the link between the dental records (archaeological record) and the development of agriculture. Evidence: Lines 1-5. Passage B talks about the decline in health and the increasing dependence (hence, development) on agriculture over time (lines 39-45) and uses dental caries (again, archaeological record) as evidence.


Thanks man and daily, you clarified that for me. That question still makes me mad.


It's a bullshit question. After reading the passages and the question stem, I was set on looking for something about dental caries or teeth.

User avatar
mqt
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby mqt » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:31 pm

Taking 66 and 67 back to back today. Here's to hoping I have some stamina.

User avatar
isuperserial
Posts: 519
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:49 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby isuperserial » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:39 pm

MKX wrote:Okay I come to you guys for advice because I just got a -11 in a LR section and am having a complete breakdown.

My dream school is Northwestern. I have a less than stellar gpa (3.4) so I need a good LSAT probably a 170+. 2 months ago I tested at a 150 and now im testing mid 160s, obviously not good enough yet. I have yet to hit a 170.

I am strongly considering postponing. My study habits were solid but not amazing. I know what I have to do. My concern is that taking in October may be too late for application process and it'll really hurt me since my GPA isn't ideal. I am considering postponing if it is not too late. I hope by October im averaging 180s on my pts. But a part of me is saying study like crazy these next 5days, go there Monday, do my best and hope for some luck to get a 170+. If I don't then just to retake in October. What do you guus think? Mental breakdown here...


Hey, you just need to take a step back and take a deep breath. When you hang out on forums like this, it's easy to think that not hitting the jackpot is some kind of failure. It's not. Most people don't go to a T14 school. Most people don't go to a T25, or even a T50. And despite the legal crisis and the attitude on most of TLS, the majority of those people end up okay.

I think it's a calming thing to realize that if you went to a school like Wisconsin or Wake Forest, then that'd be absolutely okay. You'd probably still become a lawyer, you'd probably still be alright.

The serenity comes when you realize that you are making a choice to push yourself the extra mile, to be better. You don't just want to be good, you want to be great. That's an admirable thing, and that's a choice that you are making that most people are too scared to make. I know it's a stupid saying when they say, "Shoot for the moon and if you miss you'll land among the stars." But it's true in this. If you don't get Northwestern, maybe you get BU or WashU.

You push yourself, and at the bare minimum, you don't have to grow old thinking, "What if I tried."

Kool-Aid
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:13 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Kool-Aid » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:52 pm

isuperserial wrote:
MKX wrote:Okay I come to you guys for advice because I just got a -11 in a LR section and am having a complete breakdown.

My dream school is Northwestern. I have a less than stellar gpa (3.4) so I need a good LSAT probably a 170+. 2 months ago I tested at a 150 and now im testing mid 160s, obviously not good enough yet. I have yet to hit a 170.

I am strongly considering postponing. My study habits were solid but not amazing. I know what I have to do. My concern is that taking in October may be too late for application process and it'll really hurt me since my GPA isn't ideal. I am considering postponing if it is not too late. I hope by October im averaging 180s on my pts. But a part of me is saying study like crazy these next 5days, go there Monday, do my best and hope for some luck to get a 170+. If I don't then just to retake in October. What do you guus think? Mental breakdown here...


Hey, you just need to take a step back and take a deep breath. When you hang out on forums like this, it's easy to think that not hitting the jackpot is some kind of failure. It's not. Most people don't go to a T14 school. Most people don't go to a T25, or even a T50. And despite the legal crisis and the attitude on most of TLS, the majority of those people end up okay.

I think it's a calming thing to realize that if you went to a school like Wisconsin or Wake Forest, then that'd be absolutely okay. You'd probably still become a lawyer, you'd probably still be alright.

The serenity comes when you realize that you are making a choice to push yourself the extra mile, to be better. You don't just want to be good, you want to be great. That's an admirable thing, and that's a choice that you are making that most people are too scared to make. I know it's a stupid saying when they say, "Shoot for the moon and if you miss you'll land among the stars." But it's true in this. If you don't get Northwestern, maybe you get BU or WashU.

You push yourself, and at the bare minimum, you don't have to grow old thinking, "What if I tried."




I understand what you're trying to say here, and I agree he should relax at this point. However, he should probably push back to October.

Also you made some statements in your post that aren't true.

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:57 pm

MKX wrote:Okay I come to you guys for advice because I just got a -11 in a LR section and am having a complete breakdown.

My dream school is Northwestern. I have a less than stellar gpa (3.4) so I need a good LSAT probably a 170+. 2 months ago I tested at a 150 and now im testing mid 160s, obviously not good enough yet. I have yet to hit a 170.

I am strongly considering postponing. My study habits were solid but not amazing. I know what I have to do. My concern is that taking in October may be too late for application process and it'll really hurt me since my GPA isn't ideal. I am considering postponing if it is not too late. I hope by October im averaging 180s on my pts. But a part of me is saying study like crazy these next 5days, go there Monday, do my best and hope for some luck to get a 170+. If I don't then just to retake in October. What do you guus think? Mental breakdown here...


Definitely take it in October. A November application is not at all late, and you are not going to get the score you want if you take it in June.

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby mvonh001 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:21 pm

Anyone else can't focus on doing sections or PT's after drilling?

I don't know if its just that I get demoralized after drilling my weaknesses, but I can't seem to gather enough focus to sit and so a section of anything after a long day of drilling (~100 questions).

Anyone else in the same boat as me. I have nearly given up doing any timed sections today, as I planned on doing pt 52 RC and pt 59 LR 2, and instead read up in LSAT Trainer, and then doing those two sections tomorrow as well as PT 62 LR2, as well as PT 65 - side note here, If i have pt 64, 65, and 66 left, what order should i take them in? - but then that means im essentially taking a 7 section PT, which sounds really fun :roll: , but I just can't get my mind into the game after today's drilling.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby wtrc » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:23 pm

mvonh001 wrote:Anyone else can't focus on doing sections or PT's after drilling?

I don't know if its just that I get demoralized after drilling my weaknesses, but I can't seem to gather enough focus to sit and so a section of anything after a long day of drilling (~100 questions).

Anyone else in the same boat as me. I have nearly given up doing any timed sections today, as I planned on doing pt 52 RC and pt 59 LR 2, and instead read up in LSAT Trainer, and then doing those two sections tomorrow as well as PT 62 LR2, as well as PT 65 - side note here, If i have pt 64, 65, and 66 left, what order should i take them in? - but then that means im essentially taking a 7 section PT, which sounds really fun :roll: , but I just can't get my mind into the game after today's drilling.


Don't overdo it this close to the test.

In terms of the order, I would do 65---64----66. Only because to me that is the order from most difficult to easiest of the three, and if I were you I would want to end my PT's on an easier/more hopeful note. Is the plan tomorrow (Tuesday), Thursday, then Saturday?

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby mvonh001 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:24 pm

MKX wrote:Okay I come to you guys for advice because I just got a -11 in a LR section and am having a complete breakdown.

My dream school is Northwestern. I have a less than stellar gpa (3.4) so I need a good LSAT probably a 170+. 2 months ago I tested at a 150 and now im testing mid 160s, obviously not good enough yet. I have yet to hit a 170.

I am strongly considering postponing. My study habits were solid but not amazing. I know what I have to do. My concern is that taking in October may be too late for application process and it'll really hurt me since my GPA isn't ideal. I am considering postponing if it is not too late. I hope by October im averaging 180s on my pts. But a part of me is saying study like crazy these next 5days, go there Monday, do my best and hope for some luck to get a 170+. If I don't then just to retake in October. What do you guus think? Mental breakdown here...



It's more about who you know then where you go to school... So you should be ok.

(That is assuming you know people that can get you into firms, or even get your foot in the door)

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby mvonh001 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:25 pm

wtrcoins3 wrote:
mvonh001 wrote:Anyone else can't focus on doing sections or PT's after drilling?

I don't know if its just that I get demoralized after drilling my weaknesses, but I can't seem to gather enough focus to sit and so a section of anything after a long day of drilling (~100 questions).

Anyone else in the same boat as me. I have nearly given up doing any timed sections today, as I planned on doing pt 52 RC and pt 59 LR 2, and instead read up in LSAT Trainer, and then doing those two sections tomorrow as well as PT 62 LR2, as well as PT 65 - side note here, If i have pt 64, 65, and 66 left, what order should i take them in? - but then that means im essentially taking a 7 section PT, which sounds really fun :roll: , but I just can't get my mind into the game after today's drilling.


Don't overdo it this close to the test.

In terms of the order, I would do 65---64----66. Only because to me that is the order from most difficult to easiest of the three, and if I were you I would want to end my PT's on an easier/more hopeful note. Is the plan tomorrow (Tuesday), Thursday, then Saturday?



Ya, I think so, unless you have another suggestions, im open to them all. What do you mean don't overdue it? Are you saying i should relax today or not take 7 sections tomorrow?

User avatar
MKX
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby MKX » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:30 pm

mvonh001 wrote:
MKX wrote:Okay I come to you guys for advice because I just got a -11 in a LR section and am having a complete breakdown.

My dream school is Northwestern. I have a less than stellar gpa (3.4) so I need a good LSAT probably a 170+. 2 months ago I tested at a 150 and now im testing mid 160s, obviously not good enough yet. I have yet to hit a 170.

I am strongly considering postponing. My study habits were solid but not amazing. I know what I have to do. My concern is that taking in October may be too late for application process and it'll really hurt me since my GPA isn't ideal. I am considering postponing if it is not too late. I hope by October im averaging 180s on my pts. But a part of me is saying study like crazy these next 5days, go there Monday, do my best and hope for some luck to get a 170+. If I don't then just to retake in October. What do you guus think? Mental breakdown here...



It's more about who you know then where you go to school... So you should be ok.

(That is assuming you know people that can get you into firms, or even get your foot in the door)

Right now I already have a business law internship lined up in downtown Chicago. Its inhouse for a business but at least I know it can be my internship in the future thanks to my brother working in a different department in that company and being good friends with the guy that runs the legal department.

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby NoodleyOne » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:31 pm

isuperserial wrote:
MKX wrote:Okay I come to you guys for advice because I just got a -11 in a LR section and am having a complete breakdown.

My dream school is Northwestern. I have a less than stellar gpa (3.4) so I need a good LSAT probably a 170+. 2 months ago I tested at a 150 and now im testing mid 160s, obviously not good enough yet. I have yet to hit a 170.

I am strongly considering postponing. My study habits were solid but not amazing. I know what I have to do. My concern is that taking in October may be too late for application process and it'll really hurt me since my GPA isn't ideal. I am considering postponing if it is not too late. I hope by October im averaging 180s on my pts. But a part of me is saying study like crazy these next 5days, go there Monday, do my best and hope for some luck to get a 170+. If I don't then just to retake in October. What do you guus think? Mental breakdown here...


Hey, you just need to take a step back and take a deep breath. When you hang out on forums like this, it's easy to think that not hitting the jackpot is some kind of failure. It's not. Most people don't go to a T14 school. Most people don't go to a T25, or even a T50. And despite the legal crisis and the attitude on most of TLS, the majority of those people end up okay.

I think it's a calming thing to realize that if you went to a school like Wisconsin or Wake Forest, then that'd be absolutely okay. You'd probably still become a lawyer, you'd probably still be alright.

The serenity comes when you realize that you are making a choice to push yourself the extra mile, to be better. You don't just want to be good, you want to be great. That's an admirable thing, and that's a choice that you are making that most people are too scared to make. I know it's a stupid saying when they say, "Shoot for the moon and if you miss you'll land among the stars." But it's true in this. If you don't get Northwestern, maybe you get BU or WashU.

You push yourself, and at the bare minimum, you don't have to grow old thinking, "What if I tried."

Ignore this post. If you're not where you want to be, prepare for October. The majority of these people don't end up "okay", they end up swamped in debt with no job.

Seriously, this is an awful post.

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby mvonh001 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:34 pm

MKX wrote:
mvonh001 wrote:
MKX wrote:Okay I come to you guys for advice because I just got a -11 in a LR section and am having a complete breakdown.

My dream school is Northwestern. I have a less than stellar gpa (3.4) so I need a good LSAT probably a 170+. 2 months ago I tested at a 150 and now im testing mid 160s, obviously not good enough yet. I have yet to hit a 170.

I am strongly considering postponing. My study habits were solid but not amazing. I know what I have to do. My concern is that taking in October may be too late for application process and it'll really hurt me since my GPA isn't ideal. I am considering postponing if it is not too late. I hope by October im averaging 180s on my pts. But a part of me is saying study like crazy these next 5days, go there Monday, do my best and hope for some luck to get a 170+. If I don't then just to retake in October. What do you guus think? Mental breakdown here...



It's more about who you know then where you go to school... So you should be ok.

(That is assuming you know people that can get you into firms, or even get your foot in the door)

Right now I already have a business law internship lined up in downtown Chicago. Its inhouse for a business but at least I know it can be my internship in the future thanks to my brother working in a different department in that company and being good friends with the guy that runs the legal department.



And if those are your goals, then I would say it wasn't imperative that you got into NU, But DON'T let that discourage you from trying. Because you may reach 170 by test time and you may get into NU or a better school, but you will never know unless you try. And you always have october, and since you aren't gunning for HSY then I see no problem in taking it again in October, write a addendum if you want to.

-- I have never taken the LSAT and my opinion is purely based on anecdotal evidence, so take it with a grain of salt. lol

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby SteelPenguin » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:36 pm

I'm trying to figure out whether to take PTs on Tues Thurs Sat, Tues Fri Sat, or just Tues Fri/Sat this week. I already took a PT on Sunday, so I'm leaning towards just taking two more. With as many PTs as I have taken, it probably won't make a big difference either way, so I'm leaning towards Tuesday and Friday. I think all I can really do at this point is try and stay sharp and avoid burnout.

And to the above post, lawschooltransparency makes it pretty clear that year-to-year, it is very important what school you go to. There's a reason biglaw and clerkship rates don't change drastically every year...

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby mvonh001 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:39 pm

SteelPenguin wrote:I'm trying to figure out whether to take PTs on Tues Thurs Sat, Tues Fri Sat, or just Tues Fri/Sat this week. I already took a PT on Sunday, so I'm leaning towards just taking two more. With as many PTs as I have taken, it probably won't make a big difference either way, so I'm leaning towards Tuesday and Friday. I think all I can really do at this point is try and stay sharp and avoid burnout.

And to the above post, lawschooltransparency makes it pretty clear that year-to-year, it is very important what school you go to. There's a reason biglaw and clerkship rates don't change drastically every year...



I know this, I'm just trying to be positive for buddy. He seems like he could use it....


Now i know im gonna get shit for being positive since my information is misleading, but sometimes you need to hear lies to make a good decision for your future. (I think that makes sense, Like I said in an earlier post I'm a little brain dead)

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby wtrc » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:39 pm

mvonh001 wrote:
wtrcoins3 wrote:
mvonh001 wrote:Anyone else can't focus on doing sections or PT's after drilling?

I don't know if its just that I get demoralized after drilling my weaknesses, but I can't seem to gather enough focus to sit and so a section of anything after a long day of drilling (~100 questions).

Anyone else in the same boat as me. I have nearly given up doing any timed sections today, as I planned on doing pt 52 RC and pt 59 LR 2, and instead read up in LSAT Trainer, and then doing those two sections tomorrow as well as PT 62 LR2, as well as PT 65 - side note here, If i have pt 64, 65, and 66 left, what order should i take them in? - but then that means im essentially taking a 7 section PT, which sounds really fun :roll: , but I just can't get my mind into the game after today's drilling.


Don't overdo it this close to the test.

In terms of the order, I would do 65---64----66. Only because to me that is the order from most difficult to easiest of the three, and if I were you I would want to end my PT's on an easier/more hopeful note. Is the plan tomorrow (Tuesday), Thursday, then Saturday?



Ya, I think so, unless you have another suggestions, im open to them all. What do you mean don't overdue it? Are you saying i should relax today or not take 7 sections tomorrow?


IMO, less than a week out, it's about mindset, and definitely quality over quantity. Don't feel compelled to get 7 sections done per day just so you can see them or see how you would do. When I do too much in a few consecutive days, I sometimes feel like I can't look at another LSAT section for 24 hours, and I definitely don't want to feel that way on test day. I know for me, doing 3 more PT's in the next few days would be too much, but I also work a full-time job. I plan on taking Sunday and maybe even Saturday really easy, so when I do PT 69 my brain is just waiting to attack it.

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby mvonh001 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:47 pm

wtrcoins3 wrote:
mvonh001 wrote:
wtrcoins3 wrote:
mvonh001 wrote:Anyone else can't focus on doing sections or PT's after drilling?

I don't know if its just that I get demoralized after drilling my weaknesses, but I can't seem to gather enough focus to sit and so a section of anything after a long day of drilling (~100 questions).

Anyone else in the same boat as me. I have nearly given up doing any timed sections today, as I planned on doing pt 52 RC and pt 59 LR 2, and instead read up in LSAT Trainer, and then doing those two sections tomorrow as well as PT 62 LR2, as well as PT 65 - side note here, If i have pt 64, 65, and 66 left, what order should i take them in? - but then that means im essentially taking a 7 section PT, which sounds really fun :roll: , but I just can't get my mind into the game after today's drilling.


Don't overdo it this close to the test.

In terms of the order, I would do 65---64----66. Only because to me that is the order from most difficult to easiest of the three, and if I were you I would want to end my PT's on an easier/more hopeful note. Is the plan tomorrow (Tuesday), Thursday, then Saturday?



Ya, I think so, unless you have another suggestions, im open to them all. What do you mean don't overdue it? Are you saying i should relax today or not take 7 sections tomorrow?


IMO, less than a week out, it's about mindset, and definitely quality over quantity. Don't feel compelled to get 7 sections done per day just so you can see them or see how you would do. When I do too much in a few consecutive days, I sometimes feel like I can't look at another LSAT section for 24 hours, and I definitely don't want to feel that way on test day. I know for me, doing 3 more PT's in the next few days would be too much, but I also work a full-time job. I plan on taking Sunday and maybe even Saturday really easy, so when I do PT 69 my brain is just waiting to attack it.


Ya, that is precisely why I feel compelled to take these PT's, to see how I would do. I agree about feeling the burnout after consecutive days of reviewing. I don't have a job, let alone a full time one, so all day I can focus on LSAT prep. That being said, I think I can handle 3 more PT's but maybe I will hold off on the extra sections, as I dont want to burn out so close to game day. Do you suggest that I take them all during this week, meaning Tuesday, Wednesday, then Friday, then review PT 66 Sat and Sun with light drilling and reviewing of the books? OR do you think it will be ok for me to take one every other day for the rest of the week?

Also, I may review PT 67 tomorrow before I PT 65 instead of doing a new LR section 59, and RC section 52, So tomorrow may look like Review PT 67, PT 62 LR2, the PT 65. That seems much more manageable wouldn't you say?

Kool-Aid
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:13 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Kool-Aid » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:59 pm

I'm also trying to decide whether I should take a pt Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, or just Tuesday and Friday. I have two fresh pts that I will definitely take and I planned on retaking 68 Saturday. During my prep I noticed I do very well when I pt after two days of not studying at all, so a part of me wants to take the weekend off. Thoughts?
Last edited by Kool-Aid on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Greenteachurro, Instrumental and 9 guests