JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

okaygo

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby okaygo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:14 pm

So for this last week do you all recommend drilling your strengths or your weaknesses?
Also, when does everyone plan on doing their very last PT?

mvonh001

Postby mvonh001 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:18 pm

okaygo wrote:So for this last week do you all recommend drilling your strengths or your weaknesses?

My last PT will be on Monday June 10th, PT 69....

On a real level, my last PT will be saturday with PT 65, I was debating whether to end of 66 64 or 65 but I figured get rid of the easiest of the 3 first then follow that up with october 2011, then finish it off with December 2011.

okaygo

Postby okaygo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:24 pm

Yeah I actually have 65 and 67 left (although I've completed the LG for 65 before). So I'm just trying to see where I'm going to factor these two in. I think I only have time for one full length left anyway.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:27 pm

okaygo wrote:So for this last week do you all recommend drilling your strengths or your weaknesses?

I'm trying to drill everything, as I'm unclear about what my exact strengths or weaknesses are. My LR scores are already pretty good, so even looking at LSATQA data, it's hard to tell what particular areas need the most work. I'm also doing full sections of LR and RC, in addition to drilling individual LR Q types.

I think my last PT will be Saturday, although I may take a test I've already done very well on on Sunday, just to stay fresh without hurting my confidence.

okaygo

Postby okaygo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:35 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:

I'm trying to drill everything, as I'm unclear about what my exact strengths or weaknesses are. My LR scores are already pretty good, so even looking at LSATQA data, it's hard to tell what particular areas need the most work. I'm also doing full sections of LR and RC, in addition to drilling individual LR Q types.

I think my last PT will be Saturday, although I may take a test I've already done very well on on Sunday, just to stay fresh without hurting my confidence.

I think I'm going to follow your lead and drill full length LG sections and RC sections. With primarily Cambridge questions of LR with 2 - 3 timed sections in addition to my PT.

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:38 pm

Regarding some of the comments earlier, IMO at this point don't go into the 30s and 40s. Look at 55+... even if you've seen it before. The early ones are good for the fundamentals... the newer ones are good for what they will actually give us, and for those of us taking June, the best to learn now...

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:38 pm

Something tells me tonight will be the 2nd to most active Saturday night on this thread, with next week beating it by a ton.

Also, so much for the 180 page stoppage..

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:43 pm

wtrcoins3 wrote:Regarding some of the comments earlier, IMO at this point don't go into the 30s and 40s. Look at 55+... even if you've seen it before. The early ones are good for the fundamentals... the newer ones are good for what they will actually give us, and for those of us taking June, the best to learn now...

This is my PT philosophy this week as well; only taking PTs 60+. I may take PT 44 though, just because it's one of the only below-60 PTs I haven't taken, and I saw it listed in multiple instances as having tough LR. I'll be pulling RC sections and LG sections to take individually from 40-60 though.

lawschoolplease1

Postby lawschoolplease1 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:53 pm

what did you guys think about the LR in 68? I thought the first section LR was one of the more difficult ones? is that jsut me?

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:57 pm

lawschoolplease1 wrote:what did you guys think about the LR in 68? I thought the first section LR was one of the more difficult ones? is that jsut me?

There were a few on the first section that were noticeably difficult but other than that I thought both LR sections were pretty straightforward.

meegee

Postby meegee » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:59 pm

Might be a little bit early to say this, but..

GOOD LUCK JUNE-ERS!

NoWorries

Postby NoWorries » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:03 pm

I bubble each question individually. It's more reliable (I've only had 1 mis-bubble ever) and it gives me 2 seconds to clear my brain after each question.

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:05 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
patfeeney wrote:Oh, so I've noticed a recent trend in errors. Only in the past two weeks or so, about 1/5 or 1/6 of my incorrect answers are simply issues with bubbling. While reviewing, I'll notice that I picked the right answer but filled the wrong bubble.

Shit.

I've had a couple tests have a misbubble recently. I'm trying to be super careful and fastidious in bubbling and checking bubbling now. It's made me reconsider how I'll bubble test day.. still think I'm going to go with bubbling after each game and RC passage, and at the end of the section for LR.

What's everyone else's bubbling strat?

LG - after every game
RC - every passage
LR - Before I flip the page

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:18 pm

The free PT on LSAC.org, what number is that? Just realized that I have found one that I don't think I've done, at least in the last 18 months. Woohoo!

objection_your_honor

Postby objection_your_honor » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:19 pm

wtrcoins3 wrote:The free PT on LSAC.org, what number is that? Just realized that I have found one that I don't think I've done, at least in the last 18 months. Woohoo!

Same, actually. Just realized. I will take it this week.

It was the June test in 2007. I think that puts it in the early 50s.

patfeeney

Postby patfeeney » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:42 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:I've had a couple tests have a misbubble recently. I'm trying to be super careful and fastidious in bubbling and checking bubbling now. It's made me reconsider how I'll bubble test day.. still think I'm going to go with bubbling after each game and RC passage, and at the end of the section for LR.

What's everyone else's bubbling strat?

LG - after every game
RC - every passage
LR - Before I flip the page

What I mean is, I'll do the question and I'll come up with the answer, say D, which is the right answer. I'll promptly bubble in E without a thought to it.

AT9

Postby AT9 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:44 pm

Took PT 68 today....165, my second 165 in a row (though my raw was 3 higher this time)

-5 RC
-4 RC (old section from the 30's)
-4 LR
-5 LR
-4 LG

At least I'm consistent if nothing else. Did anyone find the economics passage in RC to be hard? Normally I'm great with economics/political economy, but I read through this passage and just didn't get it. I tried the first two questions and decided to move on to the next passage - I had to guess the other 6(?) questions on that passage. It's amazing I did as well as -5 given the trip-up in the first section.

I felt really good on LG and decent on LR, so I was a little disappointed to walk away with a 165.

Anyone else feeling an odd mix of terror and (positive) excitement for next Monday?

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:02 pm

About to do 67's LG for the first time since Oct - Zones, we meet again :twisted: This time, though, I'm ready for you.

linkx13

Postby linkx13 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:05 pm

AT9 wrote:Took PT 68 today....165, my second 165 in a row (though my raw was 3 higher this time)

-5 RC
-4 LR
-5 LR
-4 LG

At least I'm consistent if nothing else. Did anyone find the economics passage in RC to be hard? Normally I'm great with economics/political economy, but I read through this passage and just didn't get it. I tried the first two questions and decided to move on to the next passage - I had to guess the other 6(?) questions on that passage. It's amazing I did as well as -5 given the trip-up in the first section.

I felt really good on LG and decent on LR, so I was a little disappointed to walk away with a 165.

Anyone else feeling an odd mix of terror and (positive) excitement for next Monday?

I took this test today too and got the same score, but I made a -10 (WTF) on the LG section. What made those last two games OK for you? I had a major time getting the diagrams down

mvonh001

Postby mvonh001 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:08 pm

objection_your_honor wrote:
wtrcoins3 wrote:The free PT on LSAC.org, what number is that? Just realized that I have found one that I don't think I've done, at least in the last 18 months. Woohoo!

Same, actually. Just realized. I will take it this week.

It was the June test in 2007. I think that puts it in the early 50s.

51.5 to be exact.

AT9

Postby AT9 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:21 pm

linkx13 wrote:
AT9 wrote:Took PT 68 today....165, my second 165 in a row (though my raw was 3 higher this time)

-5 RC
-4 LR
-5 LR
-4 LG

I took this test today too and got the same score, but I made a -10 (WTF) on the LG section. What made those last two games OK for you? I had a major time getting the diagrams down

Hmm, did you happen to just space on one of the rules or something?

My goal on LG is to go 100% on three of the games and guess the rest if need be. I'm just not quite fast enough to do well on 4 full games in 35 minutes. I found the first game to be really easy, so that only took up about 5 minutes of my time, then I skipped to the fourth game because it had 7 questions. I actually found that game pretty easy to diagram, but some of the questions were difficult/time-consuming. I think the time I had to spare helped me get through that section with confidence. For the diagram, I just listed the numbers 1-7, made a few not-blocks, and got to work.

Game two was also fairly easy for me, and with game three I was able to get the first two/three and guess the other three or four.

You must have kicked ass on LR and CR.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:59 pm

AT9 wrote:
linkx13 wrote:

-5 RC
-4 LR
-5 LR
-4 LG

Hmm, did you happen to just space on one of the rules or something?

My goal on LG is to go 100% on three of the games and guess the rest if need be. I'm just not quite fast enough to do well on 4 full games in 35 minutes. I found the first game to be really easy, so that only took up about 5 minutes of my time, then I skipped to the fourth game because it had 7 questions. I actually found that game pretty easy to diagram, but some of the questions were difficult/time-consuming. I think the time I had to spare helped me get through that section with confidence. For the diagram, I just listed the numbers 1-7, made a few not-blocks, and got to work.

Game two was also fairly easy for me, and with game three I was able to get the first two/three and guess the other three or four.

You must have kicked ass on LR and CR.

Just curious, how long have you been studying? Long enough to know that you're scoring around your potential?

redecember

Postby redecember » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:14 am

RC is killing me.

My LR Average is around 3-4 per section, LG is 0-1, and my RC is 8-9ish....

RC is really holding me back from a 167+. My main concern with it is timing and I'm always rushing to finish all 4 passages. I know test day is soon, so realistically I'm not expecting any drastic changes by then, but someone recommended that I should put the time necessary for me to feel confident about 3 passages and guess on the fourth. Sounds interesting, but also risky because one of the three passages might be an extremely difficult one..

Any comments or suggestions about this approach?
Last edited by redecember on Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Adam Banks

Postby Adam Banks » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:15 am

CardozoLaw09 wrote:About to do 67's LG for the first time since Oct - Zones, we meet again :twisted: This time, though, I'm ready for you.

I don't get why it was so hard on test day, because in reality it's not such a hard game

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:37 am

I hope y'all had a better day than I did. Despite getting a near perfect on LR, I got completely annihilated on RC and completely and utterly @ss raped on LG. The stained glass game stumped me and I had no clue how to even go about doing game 3.

Final score: 164. Worst PT in my last 11 attempts.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”