JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

User avatar
isuperserial
Posts: 519
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:49 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby isuperserial » Thu May 30, 2013 8:04 pm

sublime wrote:
isuperserial wrote:Fuck, just took the September 2009 test.

Got 4 wrong on every section but the last LR which was 3 wrong.

Ended up with a 167....

I took it at the UMich law reading room and it was oppressively hot in there. I should have just stopped and relocated, but I didn't want to once I had begun. That probably didn't have as much of an impact as I would like to make it seem, but dripping sweat throughout the test was probably sub-optimal.

If I ended up with a 167 on the test, I know my life wouldn't really be over. I'd probably end up at WashU or George Washington or something. I just really, desperately want to make it to a T14 school. I don't want this to be added to the long list of things in my life that I did sort of well on.

I'll take another one tomorrow in the comfort of my own home, making sure I've had a nice cup of coffee. Then I'll have the testmasters proctored test on Saturday which will really tell us exactly where I'm at.


What is your gpa? And try not to stress too much. It is unlikely to help.


My GPA is a 3.57 right now. And you're absolutely right. I'm going to go meditate for a little bit before diving back into practice.

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Thu May 30, 2013 8:05 pm

Aaaaah, so tired! Not getting anything done. If I spent as much time actually studying as I do browsing TLS, sitting in front of my books and staring into space, or just thinking and stressing about the LSAT, I'd have a guaranteed 180 by now. >.<

Time for a coffee break! (Lol, "break", as though I've actually been getting anything done today..) Still want to take a PT or two tonight.

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15409
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby sublime » Thu May 30, 2013 8:11 pm

..

User avatar
objection_your_honor
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby objection_your_honor » Thu May 30, 2013 8:12 pm

Did S/A drills, LG from SP C (not a fucking joke), and LG and LR from 60.

bdeans91
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:43 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby bdeans91 » Thu May 30, 2013 8:16 pm

What is everyone doing to peak for the exam?

I'm going

Sun - PT 60
Mon
Tues
Wed - PT 68
Thurs
Fri
Sat - PT 59
Sun - very light review and prep materials
Mon - test day

I did a PT today so I will be reviewing tomorrow and the day after.

Is this a good design, or is it a BAD idea to do a PT on Sat and I should do it on Friday?

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3401
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby ManoftheHour » Thu May 30, 2013 8:17 pm

LSAT 61 (October 2010):

RC: -7
LR: -6 [wtf...haven't seen this in ages]
LG: -5 [It's over.]
LR: -1

Overall, -19. 165.

Dude, I feel like shit right now. Last 3 PTs: 165, 174, 165. What kind of pattern is that?! There must be something I'm doing wrong...

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15409
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby sublime » Thu May 30, 2013 8:19 pm

..

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3401
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby ManoftheHour » Thu May 30, 2013 8:19 pm

bdeans91 wrote:What is everyone doing to peak for the exam?

I'm going

Sun - PT 60
Mon
Tues
Wed - PT 68
Thurs
Fri
Sat - PT 59
Sun - very light review and prep materials
Mon - test day

I did a PT today so I will be reviewing tomorrow and the day after.

Is this a good design, or is it a BAD idea to do a PT on Sat and I should do it on Friday?


I don't think it's too much of a difference. One day to rest should be more than plenty.

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby mvonh001 » Thu May 30, 2013 8:20 pm

Im going to be doing

Friday - PT 63
Saturday - PT 67
Sunday - Review / Drill / Relax
Monday - PT 66
Tuesday - Review / Drill
Wednesday - PT 64
Thursday - Review / Drill
Friday - PT 65
Saturday - Review / Drill
Sunday - Review / Drill / Light Prep (probably go over my prep books - chapters that i need to review)
Monday - PT 69
Tuesday - Stress Test @ Cardiologist - lol

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby mvonh001 » Thu May 30, 2013 8:21 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:LSAT 61 (October 2010):

RC: -7
LR: -6 [wtf...haven't seen this in ages]
LG: -5 [It's over.]
LR: -1

Overall, -19. 165.

Dude, I feel like shit right now. Last 3 PTs: 165, 174, 165. What kind of pattern is that?! There must be something I'm doing wrong...


Beats the hell out of my last 4 tests : 167, 162, 165, 162

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3401
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby ManoftheHour » Thu May 30, 2013 8:21 pm

sublime wrote:Burnout?


Possibly. I drilled a lot of RCs before this particular PT. I took the one before fully rested. Meh. Maybe it's time to get out for an hour or two.

User avatar
objection_your_honor
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby objection_your_honor » Thu May 30, 2013 8:23 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:LSAT 61 (October 2010):

RC: -7
LR: -6 [wtf...haven't seen this in ages]
LG: -5 [It's over.]
LR: -1

Overall, -19. 165.

Dude, I feel like shit right now. Last 3 PTs: 165, 174, 165. What kind of pattern is that?! There must be something I'm doing wrong...


What do the last 5 look like? Last 10? Is the 174 an outlier, or are the 165s?

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3401
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby ManoftheHour » Thu May 30, 2013 8:27 pm

objection_your_honor wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:LSAT 61 (October 2010):

RC: -7
LR: -6 [wtf...haven't seen this in ages]
LG: -5 [It's over.]
LR: -1

Overall, -19. 165.

Dude, I feel like shit right now. Last 3 PTs: 165, 174, 165. What kind of pattern is that?! There must be something I'm doing wrong...


What do the last 5 look like? Last 10? Is the 174 an outlier, or are the 165s?


I have my last 8 in front of me. These are from LSATs 54-61:

166, 175, 170, 167, 169, 165, 174, 165

Edit: Looking back, I think it's the logic games. Even with this debacle of a -6 on one of my LR sections, I did get a -1 on the other. So the average is still -3, which is fairly typical. On the 170+ scores, I got either -1 or -0 on the LGs. Fuck man.
Last edited by ManoftheHour on Thu May 30, 2013 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15409
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby sublime » Thu May 30, 2013 8:27 pm

..

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3401
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby ManoftheHour » Thu May 30, 2013 8:31 pm

sublime wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
sublime wrote:Burnout?


Possibly. I drilled a lot of RCs before this particular PT. I took the one before fully rested. Meh. Maybe it's time to get out for an hour or two.



Myself, I won't take a PT after drilling. My PT days are a PT with nothing before (aside from maybe skimming something) then I review the test later that same day. Maybe that would help.


Noted. I think at this point, I'm going to go for 1 PT until the Sunday before the exam. Maybe I'll do PTs, review, drills, then rest.

User avatar
objection_your_honor
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby objection_your_honor » Thu May 30, 2013 8:33 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
objection_your_honor wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:LSAT 61 (October 2010):

RC: -7
LR: -6 [wtf...haven't seen this in ages]
LG: -5 [It's over.]
LR: -1

Overall, -19. 165.

Dude, I feel like shit right now. Last 3 PTs: 165, 174, 165. What kind of pattern is that?! There must be something I'm doing wrong...


What do the last 5 look like? Last 10? Is the 174 an outlier, or are the 165s?


I have my last 8 in front of me. These are from LSATs 54-61:

166, 175, 170, 167, 169, 165, 174, 165

Edit: Looking back, I think it's the logic games. Even with this debacle of a -6 on one of my LR sections, I did get a -1 on the other. So the average is still -3, which is fairly typical. On the 170+ scores, I got either -1 or -0 on the LGs. Fuck man.


I was the same way last cycle (except lower). Either the games went well and I got a 168-169, or I bombed them and got a 164-165. It looks like tightening up the games will probably give you a narrower range of scores in the high 160s/low 170s.

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby SteelPenguin » Thu May 30, 2013 8:34 pm

I'm trying to figure out when to take my last test. I'll probably end up with Friday, with some light drilling Saturday. Drilling is terrible for my confidence though, so I'm considering PT on Saturday.

User avatar
the_pakalypse
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:34 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby the_pakalypse » Thu May 30, 2013 8:38 pm

God damn my confidence for LG is terrible, despite months and months of practice (I've pretty much done every LG out there at least twice since January and reviewed thoroughly). I guess I'm just afraid of the same thing happening as last time where a LG tripped me up... but damn it I am so prepared, just can't mentally convince myself that I'll be fine :x

Any tips?

Feel excellent about LR and RC though LOL -.-

User avatar
Ambitious1
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:38 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Ambitious1 » Thu May 30, 2013 8:48 pm

I took PT 62 today, fuck it, just fuck it

RC: -10
LR1: -2
LG: -2
LR2: -3

Took an RC experimental that I haven't graded yet but I'm sure it was fucked.

85/102 for a 167. Pretty fucking disappointing. This has to easily be the most ridiculous test in the 60s..RC was super hard, both LRs were hard, the LG was hard.

PTs so far: 165, 168, 168, 177, 170, 171, 167. My performances are almost always determined by how horrible or not horrible I do on RC. Sigh.. If I can't fix it SOON, I'm in some deep shit

User avatar
isuperserial
Posts: 519
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:49 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby isuperserial » Thu May 30, 2013 8:49 pm

sublime wrote:
isuperserial wrote:
My GPA is a 3.57 right now. And you're absolutely right. I'm going to go meditate for a little bit before diving back into practice.


You may still be good at lower T-14 with high 160s. And you always have December/next year in your back pocket.

And how is the meditation? I have been meaning to start a practice, even if just 15 or 30 min a day, but I keep on putting it off. Do you do Vipassanya (or however it is spelled)?


I just really would love to get a 170-171 so that I can have some form of security. Getting a dozen rejection letters and then an acceptance would still freak me out. On the flipside, according to LSN, if I get a 170, it'll probably be 50/50 across the board for most schools. And that's true. If this doesn't work out, I'll do October and take every practice test between now and then.

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3401
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby ManoftheHour » Thu May 30, 2013 8:52 pm

Ambitious1 wrote:I took PT 62 today, fuck it, just fuck it

RC: -10
LR1: -2
LG: -2
LR2: -3

Took an RC experimental that I haven't graded yet but I'm sure it was fucked.

85/102 for a 167. Pretty fucking disappointing. This has to easily be the most ridiculous test in the 60s..RC was super hard, both LRs were hard, the LG was hard.

PTs so far: 165, 168, 168, 177, 170, 171, 167. My performances are almost always determined by how horrible or not horrible I do on RC. Sigh.. If I can't fix it SOON, I'm in some deep shit


LSAT 61 (October 2010):

RC: -7
LR: -6 [wtf...haven't seen this in ages]
LG: -5 [It's over.]
LR: -1

Overall, -19. 165.

We suck. We fucking suck.

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3401
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby ManoftheHour » Thu May 30, 2013 8:53 pm

isuperserial wrote:
sublime wrote:
isuperserial wrote:
My GPA is a 3.57 right now. And you're absolutely right. I'm going to go meditate for a little bit before diving back into practice.


You may still be good at lower T-14 with high 160s. And you always have December/next year in your back pocket.

And how is the meditation? I have been meaning to start a practice, even if just 15 or 30 min a day, but I keep on putting it off. Do you do Vipassanya (or however it is spelled)?


I just really would love to get a 170-171 so that I can have some form of security. Getting a dozen rejection letters and then an acceptance would still freak me out. On the flipside, according to LSN, if I get a 170, it'll probably be 50/50 across the board for most schools. And that's true. If this doesn't work out, I'll do October and take every practice test between now and then.


I just want to get into Cornell and Northwestern...

User avatar
the_pakalypse
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:34 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby the_pakalypse » Thu May 30, 2013 9:10 pm

Searching for some LG advice when I came across this gem from the archives:

I think one way to get extra practice for logic games is to actually live them. Start dating 6 different people (Anthony, Beatrice, Charles, Danica, Emily, Frank) and try to schedule a date with each person on a Saturday night. You can either go to Burger King, Jack in the Box, or McDonalds; each place must be visited at least once. Also, each date is either successful or unsuccessful. You have a sucessful date with Emily before you have any unsuccessful dates. Jack in the Box closes early, so it needs to be one of the first two dates. Etc.

It's kind of a Player's Guide to Logic Games.



PS
Don't stress y'all with the lower scores - it might just be due to the burnout and stress. You want to make sure that when the real LSAT comes around, you don't have this nagging feeling of "just wanting to get it over with". That said if you are consistently PTing lower than expected, consider taking it in October. There really is no harm.

User avatar
patfeeney
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby patfeeney » Thu May 30, 2013 9:10 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
I just want to get into Cornell and Northwestern...



I met this one kid while touring Cornell who said he got in with a 166 but a 3.8 GPA.

I know that feel though. Even though my average for the last four tests is a 167, my GPA is a 3.54 and I'm unbelievably terrified that those scores won't be good enough for Cornell or UPenn, my top choice. At least a 170 on the actual test would really set my mind at ease (at least relative to right now), but anything lower than that... a 169's a good score, but combined with my GPA it's not UPenn or Cornell material.

And I feel I can't take October because I've already spent five months for the first test. Trying to study another five months for a second test would murder me.

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3401
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby ManoftheHour » Thu May 30, 2013 9:12 pm

patfeeney wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
I just want to get into Cornell and Northwestern...



I met this one kid while touring Cornell who said he got in with a 166 but a 3.8 GPA.

I know that feel though. Even though my average for the last four tests is a 167, my GPA is a 3.54 and I'm unbelievably terrified that those scores won't be good enough for Cornell or UPenn, my top choice. At least a 170 on the actual test would really set my mind at ease (at least relative to right now), but anything lower than that... a 169's a good score, but combined with my GPA it's not UPenn or Cornell material.


We're like brothers. UPenn is my dream school. I'm planning on EDing it if this retake isn't a complete suck fest. I'd be extremely happy with Cornell or Northwestern though.

Meh. Back to the grind. GL to you.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: #gobroncos, bigv, Bing [Bot], BOSStongrl, cherrygalore, Instrumental, lagavulinjoe, LarryFlint, mrgstephe, wildquest8200 and 14 guests