JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

SteelPenguin

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby SteelPenguin » Wed May 29, 2013 11:19 am

wtrcoins3 wrote:Doing 66 tomorrow. Really the last one in the 60's that will be done as if I've never seen it before-- I used it for an initial cold diagnostic when I got back into studying over a year ago (scored a 166 without time, 169 with time), so I doubt I will remember anything. Anybody else running out of unseen or barely seen recent material?

Yeah, I've only had 4-5 tests since I started studying for my retake that were truly fresh material. I think I ended up scored a 174 and 171 on the most recent two, which is right in the 170-175 range that I've been scoring recently. I didn't review very thoroughly for my first test though, so many of my retakes were slightly more fresh than a typical retake. I also took PT 68 without ever reviewing my initial take on it and scored around a 175. As long as you realize that you're timing may be slightly sped up due to familiarity with the test, retakes are still pretty helpful.

mqt

Postby mqt » Wed May 29, 2013 1:54 pm

Saving 68, which I've yet to see at all, for last. A little worried that I won't do as well as the ones I saw before my October test and shake my confidence.

Adam Banks

Postby Adam Banks » Wed May 29, 2013 4:48 pm

Took 64 today

-6 lr1
-0 lg
-4 lr2
-7 Rc

Scaled 167

The third passage on RC threw me off and first LR seemed weird to me, but it could have been just that I haven't taken a PT in a week and it was my first non drill LR in a week.

Adam Banks

Postby Adam Banks » Wed May 29, 2013 4:50 pm

Mqt wrote:Saving 68, which I've yet to see at all, for last. A little worried that I won't do as well as the ones I saw before my October test and shake my confidence.

I've only seen the first section of 68 and then decided to cancel because of all the shenanigans at my testing site

Daily_Double

Postby Daily_Double » Wed May 29, 2013 4:52 pm

Abisping wrote:I've only seen the first section of 68 and then decided to cancel because of all the shenanigans at my testing site

I'm assuming you're not referring to the movie Waiting, so what shenanigans did you experience?

Adam Banks

Postby Adam Banks » Wed May 29, 2013 6:02 pm

Daily_Double wrote:
Abisping wrote:I've only seen the first section of 68 and then decided to cancel because of all the shenanigans at my testing site

I'm assuming you're not referring to the movie Waiting, so what shenanigans did you experience?

There was construction going on outside, plus there was construction on the el, which people were notified about well in advance. So the kids running the lsat let people check in until like 9:20. The test didn't start till probably closer till 10. Having to piss pretty bad I wasn't gonna make it another hour and a half and they wouldn't let me leave while we were waiting for people to check in. So I just left after the first section. It's a sob story, I know.

objection_your_honor

Postby objection_your_honor » Wed May 29, 2013 6:07 pm

Abisping wrote:
Daily_Double wrote:

There was construction going on outside, plus there was construction on the el, which people were notified about well in advance. So the kids running the lsat let people check in until like 9:20. The test didn't start till probably closer till 10. Having to piss pretty bad I wasn't gonna make it another hour and a half and they wouldn't let me leave while we were waiting for people to check in. So I just left after the first section. It's a sob story, I know.

I think the not-letting-you-leave-during-check-in thing is pretty normal, and I was lucky to have been allowed to leave at my location. But then they started refusing everyone.

Best advice is to wait until absolute last call to actually enter the room. Once you're in there, they don't let you leave, and it could be an hour or more before things even get started.

Adam Banks

Postby Adam Banks » Wed May 29, 2013 6:16 pm

objection_your_honor wrote:
Abisping wrote:
Daily_Double wrote:

I think the not-letting-you-leave-during-check-in thing is pretty normal, and I was lucky to have been allowed to leave at my location. But then they started refusing everyone.

Best advice is to wait until absolute last call to actually enter the room. Once you're in there, they don't let you leave, and it could be an hour or more before things even get started.

No, it is the norm.The problem was they checked everyone in at 830, then made the decision to wait for more people. So I sat in my room for like a hour and a half before they even let us start filling out the answer sheet.

Daily_Double

Postby Daily_Double » Wed May 29, 2013 6:39 pm

How I pictured this in my head:

DD: (stands and proceeds towards the door)
Proctor: (exuding a nurse Ratchet-esque character) Escuse me Mr. DD, where do you think you are going?
DD: I think I am going to the bathroom.
Proctor: I'm afraid that wont be possible Mr. DD.
DD: I assure you it will be very possible, as I feel that the threat of an enormous bowel movement is imminent.
Proctor: But you are now in the test room, and we do not allow testers to leave the room once they enter. So please return to your seat and find a way to avoid this imminent threat.
DD: I will literally paint the people, walls, and test booklets with what began as a Chipotle burrito if you don't let me leave this room.
Proctor: Mr. DD, it is my duty to inform you that if you leave this room you will have violated the sacred edicts of LSAC and I will have no choice but to ask you to leave the test center.
DD: (returns to seat... Tries a different seating position)
Proctor: (Smiles knowingly)

NBC: Breaking news here John, it appears that an explosion has rocked (insert city), while we have yet to confirm the precise number of deaths, it would appears that a large Indian has successfully evaded the incident and the perpetrator, Mr. DD, has been captured and will according to the proctor, undergo extensive mental therapy and be barred from any school except the University of San Francisco School of Law.

NoWorries

Postby NoWorries » Wed May 29, 2013 7:47 pm

PT 62 must have had a record number of cancels. That test is a joke.

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Wed May 29, 2013 7:48 pm

NoWorries wrote:PT 62 must have had a record number of cancels. That test is a joke.

Nice curve though

The-Specs

Postby The-Specs » Wed May 29, 2013 8:16 pm

NoWorries wrote:PT 62 must have had a record number of cancels. That test is a joke.

I just happened to take 62 today, I thought it was pretty straight forward other than games. What about it was different?

Blair89

Postby Blair89 » Wed May 29, 2013 10:09 pm

Did PT 59 today
LG: -1
LR1: -6
LR2: -5
RC: -6

Scaled 167

Did some intense drilling and review work the last 5 days definitely seeing some improvement, but still lots of room to improve, seeing other people's results here has been really motivating me to do better. Going to drill hard and review heavily tomorrow hopefully keep the momentum rolling for game day.

MKX

Postby MKX » Thu May 30, 2013 3:01 pm

So my PTs continue to improve. Getting -0s on LGs which is good. I had my best RC section yet on PT56, even though one passage I just could not focus for the life of me. My LR sections are improving, but I still over think some of them. I'll narrow it down to 2 answers and switch back and forth and take the wrong one. Very annoying. Oh well went from a 150 to 164 in a month. I just need to learn to calm myself during the test, that is my biggest problem.

melmoththewanderer

Postby melmoththewanderer » Thu May 30, 2013 3:32 pm

All right kids. I'm about to do PT67. Wish me luck. 8)

SteelPenguin

Postby SteelPenguin » Thu May 30, 2013 4:21 pm

Mqt wrote:Saving 68, which I've yet to see at all, for last. A little worried that I won't do as well as the ones I saw before my October test and shake my confidence.

Why not take it a day or two earlier than you intend, and if you don't do as well as you'd like take another PT the next day?

SteelPenguin

Postby SteelPenguin » Thu May 30, 2013 4:23 pm

Just finished PT 65, absolutely crushed it!

180! 99/101
LR: -0
LG: -0 (again, importance of finishing first two quickly seems to be very important in newer tests)
RC: -2 (last paragraph was a killer)

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Thu May 30, 2013 4:42 pm

SteelPenguin wrote:Just finished PT 65, absolutely crushed it!

180! 99/101
LG: -0 (again, importance of finishing first two quickly seems to be very important in newer tests)

Congrats on the 180- peaking at the right time it seems :)!

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Thu May 30, 2013 4:46 pm

PT 66. Did this cold and scored a 169 with extra time on LG when I started studying over a year ago, didn't remember any of it. Used proctor app with distractions for the first time, and purposely didn't give myself too much space, because apparently the desks are awful where I'm taking this.

RC: -1 (#6)
LR1: 0
EXP: RC from PT 29, -4 (#2,4,6,23). Scored -3 on it last time I took this section. RC is silly.
LG: 0
LR2: -2 (#2, 18... not sure what happened on #2 but need to review)

Overall 97/100, or a 178. Surprised that 2 of my 3 misses were super early on in the sections, maybe just need more mental training to get better settled in. Ready to get this done.

the_pakalypse

Postby the_pakalypse » Thu May 30, 2013 4:52 pm

SteelPenguin wrote:Just finished PT 65, absolutely crushed it!

180! 99/101

Congrats on the 180. I think you are spot on with the observation about LG btw. The only recent exception I can think of is 62 (w/ stained glass which was the second), but I think in that situation you have to identify that is the tough game and understand that the other remaining two games will be fairly straightforward (which they were).

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Thu May 30, 2013 4:54 pm

Was going to retake but I haven't prepped much, lost my driver's license a week ago in a store, have no other form of ID, and just really am not buying that raising my score does anything for me unless I bring it up 5+ points.

I'm really tempted to just become a pro poker player. :P

Ixiion

Postby Ixiion » Thu May 30, 2013 5:14 pm

Just a heads up. I remember a couple others who were asking about why their tickets were blank on info. I called LSAC today-- they said its a browser issue. (I was using Firefox.) opened in IE and everything is there. So, if you're using Firefox or Chrome (dude said that one is even worse), that's why!

sublime

Postby sublime » Thu May 30, 2013 5:15 pm

Ixiion

Postby Ixiion » Thu May 30, 2013 5:18 pm

sublime wrote:
Ixiion wrote:Just a heads up. I remember a couple others who were asking about why their tickets were blank on info. I called LSAC today-- they said its a browser issue. (I was using Firefox.) opened in IE and everything is there. So, if you're using Firefox or Chrome (dude said that one is even worse), that's why!

Naturally, it would work on the browser nobody under 40 uses.

I know, right? I had to ask to use someone else's comp to get it since I uninstalled IE the day I got my laptop.

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Thu May 30, 2013 5:19 pm

Anyone else having neck problems? At the 15 minute break mark right now for one of my PTs and my neck f@#$ing hurts.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”