JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

MKX

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby MKX » Tue May 28, 2013 6:56 pm

the_pakalypse wrote:Do you ever question your sanity sometimes?

For most people the LSAT is something that they stroll in without really thinking about..... many of our diagnostic scores are good enough to get into a decent law school.... strange when you use an outsider's perspective. I wonder how many people at my testing site will have put in even a month of studying, let alone the ridiculous amounts of time we have all spent.....

It's all I think about lol. If I ever go out I can't enjoy it because I know the Lsat is at home calling my name. Im testing good enough to get into 2 of my top 3 schools but not good enough to get into my #1 just yet I don't think. Let alone get a scholarship.

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue May 28, 2013 7:06 pm

the_pakalypse wrote:Do you ever question your sanity sometimes?

For most people the LSAT is something that they stroll in without really thinking about..... many of our diagnostic scores are good enough to get into a decent law school.... strange when you use an outsider's perspective. I wonder how many people at my testing site will have put in even a month of studying, let alone the ridiculous amounts of time we have all spent.....

Define "decent law school". A coin-flip or less chance at getting a job as a lawyer isn't all that decent imo.

Question the sanity of people that don't do their due diligence before throwing money down on a) prep courses, b) the LSAT, c) law school applications, or d) law school tuition. Working hard to achieve something is not insane.

bombaysippin

Postby bombaysippin » Tue May 28, 2013 7:25 pm

Ixiion wrote:I really need some help/advice from you guys. I'd appreciate anything at this point, I'm sort of losing it.

I just got home from the hospital. Several hours ago, a mechanic at a corp mechanic company, as he was exiting my car to let me in, must've left it on neutral, while I was crossing in between my parked car and another parked car. When he got out, my car rolled forward and pinned my legs & knees between the two cars. He got back in to back up, but I think he accidentally hit the gas, because it went faster. I was stuck there between my moving car & the parked car for about 30 seconds easy. Anyway. Point being, I'm on crutches now and can't walk and, as you can imagine, in a lot of pain.

Considering the LSAT is less than two weeks away, I'm freaking out. I'm arguing with my doctor about pain medications. Yes, it hurts like I just got ran over by a car -ha ha- but if I take them, I'd be too loopy to study. I'm PTing at about 170-172, though I was really hoping for a 175+. Should I suck it up, take off from work (not like I have much of a choice now), study for these two weeks, and take the June LSAT? Or should I cut my losses and take October? Or.. take June anyway and prepare for October? (I assume this situation is good enough for a why-did-my-score-jump addendum.)

Dude...I hope you're getting some kind of money out of this to make up for shit...get a billion dollar settlement and you won't need the LSAT in June or October!

In all seriousness though, hope you get well. I think like some other people, if you can get your PT up to normal like wherever you've been and can handle 4+ hours of testing while being in pain and stuff, June would be okay. Otherwise waiting till October seems the sound decision.

Typhoon24

Postby Typhoon24 » Tue May 28, 2013 7:26 pm

169 on PT 66.

-6 RC.
-0 LR (yay lol)
-2 LG
-3 LR

Sigh...two more left then it's time for the real deal lol. I should probably stop thinking about it or I'll start losing my hair.

Ixiion

Postby Ixiion » Tue May 28, 2013 7:29 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:
Ixiion wrote:I really need some help/advice from you guys. I'd appreciate anything at this point, I'm sort of losing it.

I just got home from the hospital. Several hours ago, a mechanic at a corp mechanic company, as he was exiting my car to let me in, must've left it on neutral, while I was crossing in between my parked car and another parked car. When he got out, my car rolled forward and pinned my legs & knees between the two cars. He got back in to back up, but I think he accidentally hit the gas, because it went faster. I was stuck there between my moving car & the parked car for about 30 seconds easy. Anyway. Point being, I'm on crutches now and can't walk and, as you can imagine, in a lot of pain.

Considering the LSAT is less than two weeks away, I'm freaking out. I'm arguing with my doctor about pain medications. Yes, it hurts like I just got ran over by a car -ha ha- but if I take them, I'd be too loopy to study. I'm PTing at about 170-172, though I was really hoping for a 175+. Should I suck it up, take off from work (not like I have much of a choice now), study for these two weeks, and take the June LSAT? Or should I cut my losses and take October? Or.. take June anyway and prepare for October? (I assume this situation is good enough for a why-did-my-score-jump addendum.)

Damn that really does suck. It's awesome that you're even considering June; you sound like a tough kid! But I agree with everyone that Oct. is probably your best bet at this point. Good Luck!

Haha. I'm just furious right now that this crushed knee might get in the way of something I've studied for for so darn long. I'm sure tomorrow when all the shock is gone, the pain will tempt me to change my mind and take these pills. But for now... I've worked way too hard for this. :| I at least plan on taking a PT as soon as my mind's a little more clear, just to see where I'm at mentally, & go from there.

Thanks for all the luck & wishes, everyone!

Ambitious1

Postby Ambitious1 » Tue May 28, 2013 7:29 pm

Do you guys review same day and directly after your PTs or the next day?

Ixiion

Postby Ixiion » Tue May 28, 2013 7:32 pm

Bajam wrote:Dude...I hope you're getting some kind of money out of this to make up for shit...get a billion dollar settlement and you won't need the LSAT in June or October!

In all seriousness though, hope you get well. I think like some other people, if you can get your PT up to normal like wherever you've been and can handle 4+ hours of testing while being in pain and stuff, June would be okay. Otherwise waiting till October seems the sound decision.

Oh, I'm seriously considering suing. The mechanic who drove my own car into me didn't even apologize or check to see how badly I was injured. That really pissed me off. :| It was another mechanic who called 911, got me a jacket, and an umbrella since it was pouring, and waited until the ambulance came. Plus, it's a huge company, so. Wtf how do you have people who don't know the difference between neutral and park.

& Thanks. Yeah I'll have to do a few 5-section PTs to test endurance but we'll see. :)

patfeeney

Postby patfeeney » Tue May 28, 2013 8:20 pm

PT 59
Score: 164
Raw: 80
Sec. 1 LG: -2
Sec. 2 LR: -7
Sec. 3 LR: -4
Sec. 4 RC: -7
Ex. PT 15 RC: -6

My worst PT in 4 tests. I'm freaking out, and I'm not sure if I'm only experiencing burnout or what. I'm seriously considering waiting until October but I don't know. I haven't had LG this bad in over a month.

bombaysippin

Postby bombaysippin » Tue May 28, 2013 8:24 pm

Ixiion wrote:
Bajam wrote:Dude...I hope you're getting some kind of money out of this to make up for shit...get a billion dollar settlement and you won't need the LSAT in June or October!

Oh, I'm seriously considering suing. The mechanic who drove my own car into me didn't even apologize or check to see how badly I was injured. That really pissed me off. :| It was another mechanic who called 911, got me a jacket, and an umbrella since it was pouring, and waited until the ambulance came. Plus, it's a huge company, so. Wtf how do you have people who don't know the difference between neutral and park.

& Thanks. Yeah I'll have to do a few 5-section PTs to test endurance but we'll see. :)

Fixed what you should be saying/thinking lol

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Tue May 28, 2013 9:41 pm

jad0re wrote:Who's gunning for UPenn next cycle? :P

Here here.

nyjets2090

Postby nyjets2090 » Tue May 28, 2013 10:14 pm

Ixiion wrote:
CardozoLaw09 wrote:

Damn that really does suck. It's awesome that you're even considering June; you sound like a tough kid! But I agree with everyone that Oct. is probably your best bet at this point. Good Luck!

Haha. I'm just furious right now that this crushed knee might get in the way of something I've studied for for so darn long. I'm sure tomorrow when all the shock is gone, the pain will tempt me to change my mind and take these pills. But for now... I've worked way too hard for this. :| I at least plan on taking a PT as soon as my mind's a little more clear, just to see where I'm at mentally, & go from there.

Look at it this way, if you have to end up retaking in October, you have an excellent reason for an addendum to explain why you didn't do as well in June. You'll probably still be able to kill it in June though.

Daily_Double

Postby Daily_Double » Tue May 28, 2013 10:38 pm

Is anyone else stuck in the middle of the fiery hell that is moving into a new house? Apparently all of the Uhauls are taken, so I'm left to move everything from couches to my TV tomorrow, and I haven't even begun packing.

arcanecircle

Postby arcanecircle » Tue May 28, 2013 11:05 pm

nyjets2090 wrote:
Ixiion wrote:
CardozoLaw09 wrote:

Look at it this way, if you have to end up retaking in October, you have an excellent reason for an addendum to explain why you didn't do as well in June. You'll probably still be able to kill it in June though.

Inspiring story.
I'm imagining a Tyler-Durden-esque figure, face bludgeoned in and in bandages, maybe with some teeth missing.

You could probably turn the odds in your favor if you give them one of these when they call time in between sections.

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Wed May 29, 2013 1:30 am

PT 60

LR: -2
LG: -1
LR: -1
RC: -3

-7, 174! I really needed that after getting a 165 on PT 59.

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Wed May 29, 2013 1:31 am

patfeeney wrote:PT 59

My worst PT in 4 tests. I'm freaking out, and I'm not sure if I'm only experiencing burnout or what. I'm seriously considering waiting until October but I don't know. I haven't had LG this bad in over a month.

Dude, this was a hard one. I got a 165 on PT 59. I couldn't get the games either. That grouping one fucked me up. But keep pushing, bro. You can do it. I just got 174 on PT 60.

We got this man.

sublime

Postby sublime » Wed May 29, 2013 2:59 am

Ixiion

Postby Ixiion » Wed May 29, 2013 7:24 am

nyjets2090 wrote:Look at it this way, if you have to end up retaking in October, you have an excellent reason for an addendum to explain why you didn't do as well in June. You'll probably still be able to kill it in June though.

Thanks. :)
arcanecircle wrote:Inspiring story.
I'm imagining a Tyler-Durden-esque figure, face bludgeoned in and in bandages, maybe with some teeth missing.

You could probably turn the odds in your favor if you give them one of these when they call time in between sections.

Bahaha. I know this is sexist, but as I'm female, I think it'll just look absolutely disturbing on me and probably lessen my chances, whereas it might look more like dedication on him. Sort of in the same vein as hockey chicks are turned on by hockey players with no teeth (or maybe that's JUST Robin from HIMYM) but I highly doubt any guy would be turned on by a female hockey player missing teeth.

patfeeney

Postby patfeeney » Wed May 29, 2013 7:33 am

ManoftheHour wrote:
Dude, this was a hard one. I got a 165 on PT 59. I couldn't get the games either. That grouping one fucked me up. But keep pushing, bro. You can do it. I just got 174 on PT 60.

We got this man.

Thanks for the encouragement, dude.

sublime

Postby sublime » Wed May 29, 2013 7:54 am

Beercules

Postby Beercules » Wed May 29, 2013 8:26 am

ManoftheHour wrote:
patfeeney wrote:PT 59

We got this man.

Fuck PT 59.

That is all.

tyler90az

Postby tyler90az » Wed May 29, 2013 9:33 am

Did the logical reasoning bible help you or is logic games the only good one?

Is this the one?
http://www.amazon.com/PowerScore-LSAT-L ... ning+bible

sublime

Postby sublime » Wed May 29, 2013 9:37 am

Daily_Double

Postby Daily_Double » Wed May 29, 2013 10:53 am

I took PT 59 yesterday and 180'd it, so if you guys had trouble with something in particular and want a second opinion, let me know.

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Wed May 29, 2013 11:05 am

Doing 66 tomorrow. Really the last one in the 60's that will be done as if I've never seen it before-- I used it for an initial cold diagnostic when I got back into studying over a year ago (scored a 166 without time, 169 with time), so I doubt I will remember anything. Anybody else running out of unseen or barely seen recent material?

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Wed May 29, 2013 11:16 am

wtrcoins3 wrote:Anybody else running out of unseen or barely seen recent material?

Yep. Of the modern stuff, at least.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”