JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

rebexness

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby rebexness » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:00 pm

There are a lot of people just settling down with their Princeton Review Materials. My instagram tells me so.

eliztudorr

Postby eliztudorr » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:03 pm

rebexness wrote: My instagram tells me so.

what instagram?

ricekrispies

Postby ricekrispies » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:06 pm

I have been taking the past two weeks to really grind out some LR practice. Finished going through the MLSAT LR book, did some drilling, etc. Took a practice test today and went -7 in one section...very discouraging. Time to hit the books even harder! Thankfully, I got my LG down without a problem.

mindarmed

Postby mindarmed » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:07 pm

rebexness wrote:There are a lot of people just settling down with their Princeton Review Materials. My instagram tells me so.

I'll never forget this past summer. I went up to Boston to visit a friend. My roommate's friend told me she did SO WELL with Princeton Review and scored a 160 or something. I was all :lol:

eliztudorr

Postby eliztudorr » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:07 pm

lsatkid007 wrote:
natashka85 wrote:Guys I got really tired of LSAT,can't study at this point any more,working and studying burns me,can someone inspire me to move on ?

This does the trick for me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

man...im so inspired right now!! its gold!

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful" and you gotta say it the way he did.
thats what we all need. thanks!!

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:09 pm

Did PT 41 today

LR 1 +17
LG +19
LR 2 +19
RC +15

#PROGRESS

I used to be in the +13 - +16 range on LR

eliztudorr

Postby eliztudorr » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:11 pm

armedwithamind wrote:
rebexness wrote:There are a lot of people just settling down with their Princeton Review Materials. My instagram tells me so.

I'll never forget this past summer. I went up to Boston to visit a friend. My roommate's friend told me she did SO WELL with Princeton Review and scored a 160 or something. I was all :lol:

:-/ i guess we need these people to built up our bell curve. they add meaning to the goals we are striving for. you can think of it this way.

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:58 pm

snapdragon25 wrote:
natashka85 wrote:Guys I got really tired of LSAT,can't study at this point any more,working and studying burns me,can someone inspire me to move on ?

I felt that way about two weeks ago, and I took a couple days off, then I took a couple untimed PTs where I wrote the reason for eliminating every wrong answer (except LG), and I got a 173 and a 176. I went over every question after each test to reinforce what went well and figure out what went wrong. Obviously the untimed scores aren't representative, but it got my confidence WAY up. The timed PTs I took since then have gone 169, 171, 170, and before that run my highest score was a 162.

I know not everyone advocates untimed tests, but knowing that I can get to the right answer made me feel like I was making a lot of progress and motivated me to refine my thought processes and increase my speed.

Also, know that most people who will take the June test haven't started studying yet. You are already waaay ahead of the game. Good luck!!

Agreed. But most people aint going to a top law school. And, given this legal market... most people that take the LSAT won't end up with jobs that require a JD. Sad but true.

lsatkid007

Postby lsatkid007 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:07 pm

eliztudorr wrote:
lsatkid007 wrote:

This does the trick for me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

man...im so inspired right now!! its gold!

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful" and you gotta say it the way he did.
thats what we all need. thanks!!

No problem. I've set that as my alarm clock in the morning. It get me pumped up and read to kick ass.

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:43 pm

PT56 tomorrow. If I don't see an improvement then it's time to change things up prep wise.

MKX

Postby MKX » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:04 pm

Studied about 4 hours today with 2-3 10 minute breaks every once in a while to eat and just clear my mind. I did about 60 pages of the Logical Reasoning Bible and boy did it clear up a lot of questions for me. I went through my diagnostic from about 1.5 years ago and I found that I was assuming a lot. The simple 4 family method cleared up so many things for me.

I finished the Must Be True section and found the only trap I fall into is the Shell Game which gets me once in a while. Very, very happy with this improvement though, even though it was such a simple one :lol:

Also a couple of questions for you guys if anyone is willing to help.
1. When a question says "Which one of the following, if true, LEAST strengthens the argument above"
Out of the 5 answer choices, only 1 will actually strengthen it correct? There will not be 2 answers that could be right, just 1 being more right than the other? I am just making sure I understood that part correctly.

2. Sort of random question, but while I feel Logic Games are relatively easy, I still plan on doing the Powerscore Bible for them. Should I finish the LR bible before starting the LG, or should I intermix them?

3. Besides PTs, once I'm done with the Powerscore Bibles what else can I do to study? Are the Powerscore Workbooks worth it, or is there another company that makes a good study text?

Sorry for all of the noob questions, just want to make sure I get the best possible score.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:13 pm

I would finish the LG bible and then just drill a few games a day (6-8) to stay sharp. Focus on 100% accuracy, making inferences, and being quick.

Im doing PT 55 now. Need dat distraction blocker app, clearly.

MKX

Postby MKX » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:18 pm

rebexness wrote:I would finish the LG bible and then just drill a few games a day (6-8) to stay sharp. Focus on 100% accuracy, making inferences, and being quick.

Im doing PT 55 now. Need dat distraction blocker app, clearly.

I turn my laptop off when I study lol. Otherwise I keep checking this thread as well as other things. It's a real problem.

homie1515

Postby homie1515 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:31 pm

MKX wrote:Studied about 4 hours today with 2-3 10 minute breaks every once in a while to eat and just clear my mind. I did about 60 pages of the Logical Reasoning Bible and boy did it clear up a lot of questions for me. I went through my diagnostic from about 1.5 years ago and I found that I was assuming a lot. The simple 4 family method cleared up so many things for me.

I finished the Must Be True section and found the only trap I fall into is the Shell Game which gets me once in a while. Very, very happy with this improvement though, even though it was such a simple one :lol:

1. When a question says "Which one of the following, if true, LEAST strengthens the argument above"
Out of the 5 answer choices, only 1 will actually strengthen it correct? There will not be 2 answers that could be right, just 1 being more right than the other? I am just making sure I understood that part correctly.

2. Sort of random question, but while I feel Logic Games are relatively easy, I still plan on doing the Powerscore Bible for them. Should I finish the LR bible before starting the LG, or should I intermix them?

3. Besides PTs, once I'm done with the Powerscore Bibles what else can I do to study? Are the Powerscore Workbooks worth it, or is there another company that makes a good study text?

Sorry for all of the noob questions, just want to make sure I get the best possible score.

No for those questions all of the answers will strengthen the argument except 1, which will either not strengthen nor weaken the argument or weaken the argument. That will be the right answer.

MKX

Postby MKX » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:41 pm

homie1515 wrote:
MKX wrote:Studied about 4 hours today with 2-3 10 minute breaks every once in a while to eat and just clear my mind. I did about 60 pages of the Logical Reasoning Bible and boy did it clear up a lot of questions for me. I went through my diagnostic from about 1.5 years ago and I found that I was assuming a lot. The simple 4 family method cleared up so many things for me.

No for those questions all of the answers will strengthen the argument except 1, which will either not strengthen nor weaken the argument or weaken the argument. That will be the right answer.

Ah yes sorry. I got the question from the book itself but copied the answer down wrong. The main point of my question was will I have to determine if one answer is more "right" than the other, but it seems that is not the case. Thank you.

Postby 052220151 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:48 pm

Just hit up PT 45. Really weird test. I can't really explain it.

LR1 I though was really weird and I had an awful premonition I fucked it up, I went -1

RC seemed easier than normal, I went -5, which is RC for me on an okay day

LG had some weird set ups, the games weren't that hard, but i could see it tripping me up, -0

LR2 I thought was easy as shit and I went -5

It was a 99 point test, with a -12 curve.

I was 88 Raw.... 171 scaled??? I'll take it, but man, was it a weird one.

0913djp

Postby 0913djp » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:58 pm

Did the LG Section of PT45 and totally bombed the last game. I finished with five minutes left so I should have easily focused more time on making a better diagram. I rushed and didn't make the inferences and ended up with a 14/22 instead of a 20/22.

Does anyone else like doing the sections as opposed to individual drills? I feel like with the 35 minutes, it's easier to pace over the four games than just using 8:00 per game. It also eases my tension knowing I don't have to rush.

0913djp

Postby 0913djp » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:59 pm

Considering deputydog got -0, I need to really step my game up.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:12 am

I dont do timed single games. Real sections or choose-your-own-adventure sections, but at least 4 games at a time.

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:19 am

Needed a break from drilling today. Work and relationship stuff tired me out. Will start again tomorrow after work.

Postby 052220151 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:51 am

0913djp wrote:Considering deputydog got -0, I need to really step my game up.

Don't get down on yourself. It is the most learnable part of the test, I'm pretty sure I got like 5 questions right on it on my cold diagnostic. Just learn how to set games up, learn how to spot inferences and realize they aren't tough, and then drill the shit out of them. Don't do 8 minutes per game, do the 35 minute section like you're doing. Kill the easy games first, take your time on the harder ones.

Postby 052220151 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:52 am

wtrcoins3 wrote:Needed a break from drilling today. Work and relationship stuff tired me out. Will start again tomorrow after work.

I took a few days off last week. Sometimes you just need it.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:12 am

October is sounding better and better.
Fack.

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:44 am

not sure if i am improving or the LR section in the preptest in the 40s are just easy
I hope I am improving

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:19 am

itachiuchiha wrote:not sure if i am improving or the LR section in the preptest in the 40s are just easy
I hope I am improving

You're totally improving :). The 40's aren't substantially easier in general to me than the others (possible exception of the first ~10 which are just weird).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”