JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

mindarmed

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby mindarmed » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:41 pm

good luck on the june test bros, i have neither the time nor the drive to push towards 180.

Daily_Double

Postby Daily_Double » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:50 pm

armedwithamind wrote:good luck on the june test bros, i have neither the time nor the drive to push towards 180.

Have a good one man. Stay in touch, especially if you're looking to ED UVA.

eliztudorr

Postby eliztudorr » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:54 pm

"of the following propositions ,which one is best illustrated by the statements above?"

what question type would this be???

initially i thought its inference. but then i went back to do it the second time, i catch myself thinking about it like its a "principles" question.
the specific question im referring to is PT57 S2 #10

dowu

Postby dowu » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:58 pm

eliztudorr wrote:"of the following propositions ,which one is best illustrated by the statements above?"

initially i thought its inference. but then i went back to do it the second time, i catch myself thinking about it like its a "principles" question.

Principle.

eliztudorr

Postby eliztudorr » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:05 pm

nmop_apisdn wrote:
eliztudorr wrote:"of the following propositions ,which one is best illustrated by the statements above?"

Principle.

thank you!

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:07 pm

armedwithamind wrote:good luck on the june test bros, i have neither the time nor the drive to push towards 180.

lol I don't blame you, if I had a 170+ already finding the drive for a 180 would be killer. Good luck dude

mindarmed

Postby mindarmed » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:10 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:

lol I don't blame you, if I had a 170+ already finding the drive for a 180 would be killer. Good luck dude

yeah its rough but i really need to make my focus crushing classes this semester. good luck bro. you targeting this upcoming cycle/where are you targeting?

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:18 pm

armedwithamind wrote:
CardozoLaw09 wrote:

yeah its rough but i really need to make my focus crushing classes this semester. good luck bro. you targeting this upcoming cycle/where are you targeting?

Best school I can get into in the northeast area (with Northwestern being the exception). This cycle or next depending on if I get into the master's in econ program I applied to.

doorsal

Postby doorsal » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:46 pm

How does the bubbling sheet work during the test? Do you get the chance to fill out your details before the test begins? I am trying to work out how long it would take me to transfer my answers.

Secondly, does anyone have any ideas on where I can do some readings about jurispudence online? Ive been doing RC and have noticed that this is the topic that gives me the most difficulty because I dont have as much familiarity with it as the other topics. Right now im thinking wikipedia.

Postby 052220151 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:43 pm

doorsal wrote:How does the bubbling sheet work during the test? Do you get the chance to fill out your details before the test begins? I am trying to work out how long it would take me to transfer my answers.

Secondly, does anyone have any ideas on where I can do some readings about jurispudence online? Ive been doing RC and have noticed that this is the topic that gives me the most difficulty because I dont have as much familiarity with it as the other topics. Right now im thinking wikipedia.

You get to fill out the info before the test starts. Bubble your answer immediately after you complete a question.

Reading up on jurisprudence will help you zero points. Save your time and drill RC if that's where you struggle.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:47 pm

doorsal wrote:How does the bubbling sheet work during the test? Do you get the chance to fill out your details before the test begins? I am trying to work out how long it would take me to transfer my answers.

You don't need to know about any topics.

That said, when studying, I keep a running list of words that I want to look up. Its been pretty helpful and probably would have the effect you are looking for.

Daily_Double

Postby Daily_Double » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:53 pm

PT 52: Raw 95, Scaled 177

RCX: -0
LR: -2, #8, #16, I'm an idiot for missing #8
LG: -0
LR:-0
RC: -2, #13, #17

RCX from PT 38, which I've done before, so I recognized some of the passages, but I didn't remember any of the answers. I'm starting at 38 and going backwards because I think the more recent the better. Extra time on every section, about three minutes on RCX, about three minutes on LR1, more than five minutes on LG, about four minutes on LR2, a couple minutes on RC. This test was pretty easy, speaking in terms of LR and LG, although #16 on LR1 was tricky. If I could just be as good at RC as LR... Now it's time to review.

Postby 052220151 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:56 pm

Daily_Double wrote:PT 52: Raw 95, Scaled 177

RCX from PT 38, which I've done before, so I recognized some of the passages, but I didn't remember any of the answers. I'm starting at 38 and going backwards because I think the more recent the better. Extra time on every section, about three minutes on RCX, about three minutes on LR1, more than five minutes on LG, about four minutes on LR2, a couple minutes on RC. This test was pretty easy, speaking in terms of LR and LG, although #16 on LR1 was tricky. If I could just be as good at RC as LR... Now it's time to review.

Good job. Don't you think it's time to start strictly timing them though? Clearly you are more than capable of handling the material.

Daily_Double

Postby Daily_Double » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:01 pm

deputydog wrote:

Good job. Don't you think it's time to start strictly timing them though? Clearly you are more than capable of handling the material.

Thanks. If you mean by the second, then I don't really care, I'm timing very strictly using a proctor app, but I can't really estimate much better than what's above when all I know is that I finished before or after the five minute mark.

Daily_Double

Postby Daily_Double » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:52 pm

Another one which shows up often:

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell and Assholes Finish First were both accredited to Tucker Max in ancient times. But these two novels differ significantly in structure and emphasis from that of Max's other known novels. Therefore they are almost certainly not the work of the same author.

Which one of the following, if true does most to weaken the argument above?

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:02 pm

Daily_Double wrote:Another one which shows up often:

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell and Assholes Finish First were both accredited to Tucker Max in ancient times. But these two novels differ significantly in structure and emphasis from that of Max's other known novels. Therefore they are almost certainly not the work of the same author.

Both books contain the same characters that are found in Tucker Maxs' other novels.

Sidenote: Definitely checking out Assholes finish first from the library

Daily_Double

Postby Daily_Double » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:05 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:Both books contain the same characters that are found in Tucker Maxs' other novels.

They're all hilarious. But I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell clearly wins, he started developing a sense of compassion and empathy in the later books, which isn't something I look for in funny people. If you ever find yourself in need of a good laugh, catch up on Curb your Enthusiasm, or any of Louis C.K.'s stand ups.

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:09 pm

Daily_Double wrote:
CardozoLaw09 wrote:Both books contain the same characters that are found in Tucker Maxs' other novels.

They're all hilarious. But I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell clearly wins, he started developing a sense of compassion and empathy in the later books, which isn't something I look for in funny people. If you ever find yourself in need of a good laugh, catch up on Curb your Enthusiasm, or any of Louis C.K.'s stand ups.

haha will do -- what about my answer to the question though :p

Postby 052220151 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:12 pm

Daily_Double wrote:
deputydog wrote:

Thanks. If you mean by the second, then I don't really care, I'm timing very strictly using a proctor app, but I can't really estimate much better than what's above when all I know is that I finished before or after the five minute mark.

My bad. I read that to mean you were going over 35 min on each section. Damn, you're killing it.

Daily_Double

Postby Daily_Double » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:13 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:
Daily_Double wrote:Another one which shows up often:

Both books contain the same characters that are found in Tucker Maxs' other novels.

That would weaken. But the gap here is really "Are significant differences in these two things in relation to known works sufficient to justify the claim that they must not be from the same author." I'd expect the correct answer to give a counter example, one where books with significant differences in these two things are in fact from the same author. Because that would directly undermine the critics reasoning.

Wannabegonnabe

Postby Wannabegonnabe » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:17 pm

Hey guys! I've been studying on my own for a little while but is it too late to climb aboard this thread?

John_rizzy_rawls

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:20 pm

weathercoins wrote:
crazyrobin wrote:Drilling LR is boring like hell. Ah......

Lol, it's such an annoying feeling after drilling LG and feeling all pumped up to go to draining LR sections like parallel...

Wait so this isn't just me? I thought I was just losing steam. I don't get nearly the same rush out of LR.

Postby 052220151 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:23 pm

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
weathercoins wrote:
crazyrobin wrote:Drilling LR is boring like hell. Ah......

Lol, it's such an annoying feeling after drilling LG and feeling all pumped up to go to draining LR sections like parallel...

Wait so this isn't just me? I thought I was just losing steam. I don't get nearly the same rush out of LR.

Drilling LG is fun because they are essentially puzzles. LR is shitty because it seems really disjointed, like an aspie ADHD kid asking you questions about whatever pops into his mind. And RC is just boring.

hannnahbb

Postby hannnahbb » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:33 pm

deputydog wrote:Drilling LG is fun because they are essentially puzzles. LR is shitty because it seems really disjointed, like an aspie ADHD kid asking you questions about whatever pops into his mind. And RC is just boring.

Hahaha i died at this

Daily_Double

Postby Daily_Double » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:34 pm

Reading RC is worse than watching the Nick Kroll show.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”