JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby rebexness » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:25 pm

Daily_Double wrote:That feeling you get when you know you're getting better. Having it.


:)

User avatar
CardozoLaw09
Posts: 1749
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:28 pm

Daily_Double wrote:That feeling you get when you know you're getting better. Having it.


Nicee -- don't let it slow you down, though

User avatar
Beercules
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:44 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Beercules » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:40 pm

Daily_Double wrote:That feeling you get when you know you're getting better. Having it.


Got that euphoria today. I'm PTing 8 points higher than when I started three weeks ago. 8 more to go until target is reached (170+). Three months. Let's go.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby wtrc » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:58 pm

Just bought two large binders to put LR and LG into for drilling. The pile was getting ridiculous, and I finally feel organized. Ahh, that took way too long.

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby 052220151 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:45 pm

Is there a cheaper place to print tests than kinkos?

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby rebexness » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:49 pm

deputydog wrote:Is there a cheaper place to print tests than kinkos?


I did mine at a UPS store, but the cost dif is probably negligible.

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby 052220151 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:54 pm

rebexness wrote:
deputydog wrote:Is there a cheaper place to print tests than kinkos?


I did mine at a UPS store, but the cost dif is probably negligible.


Maybe I'll ask a friend who is in school if they get free printing, and then compensate them with beer.

User avatar
Squintz805
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:33 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Squintz805 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:38 pm

Even if its charged at school, the demand for beer in university might as well be equated with currency

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby 052220151 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:44 pm

Squintz805 wrote:Even if its charged at school, the demand for beer in university might as well be equated with currency


Maybe I should reverse shoulder tap some sorority girls?

User avatar
warandpeace
Posts: 301
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:43 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby warandpeace » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:49 pm

how do you guys take the 5th section into consideration when calculating your overall score for that test? like, the experimental?

Daily_Double
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Daily_Double » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:50 pm

deputydog wrote:Maybe I should reverse shoulder tap some sorority girls?


It's Wednesday man, go to happy hour and shoulder tap them however you like.

Daily_Double
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Daily_Double » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:51 pm

warandpeace wrote:how do you guys take the 5th section into consideration when calculating your overall score for that test? like, the experimental?


I'm taking my first tomorrow, it's not going to affect my score in terms of numbers, but I'm going to take it first and keep track of how many I miss, same review and all.

Daily_Double
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Daily_Double » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:56 pm

PT 52 tomorrow using PT 38's RC section as a fifth (meant to use 38's RC for 66, but that didn't happen). As a side note, I'm going to use RC from 38 backwards every other test, when I'm not using RC, I'll use LR from 38 backwards, or a combination of the two. Let's go.

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby rebexness » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:58 pm

Daily_Double wrote:PT 52 tomorrow using PT 38's RC section as a fifth (meant to use 38's RC for 66, but that didn't happen). As a side note, I'm going to use RC from 38 backwards every other test, when I'm not using RC, I'll use LR from 38 backwards, or a combination of the two. Let's go.


I am doing the same thing with LGs as my experimental. CONSTANT VIGILANCE!

Daily_Double
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Daily_Double » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:00 pm

rebexness wrote:CONSTANT VIGILANCE!

User avatar
warandpeace
Posts: 301
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:43 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby warandpeace » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:03 pm

thanks, daily

Daily_Double
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Daily_Double » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:14 pm

Shift the last two digits of the page count, just because.

User avatar
CardozoLaw09
Posts: 1749
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:29 am

DD -- no question of the day today? As a retaker that's running out of "fresh" questions those questions are pretty helpful. Also, that might help shift the page count.

Daily_Double
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Daily_Double » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:36 am

CardozoLaw09 wrote:DD -- no question of the day today? As a retaker that's running out of "fresh" questions those questions are pretty helpful. Also, that might help shift the page count.


Haha, don't ask too much of me, I fear I may not live up to your expectations. I'm just another guy trying to hit 180 on June 10, 2013. But from now on, I'll try to post a question of the day.

User avatar
kendradh
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:58 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby kendradh » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:10 am

Bam. Registered today for June 10 (with fee waiver -- yay!). Oof, this makes it really real.

User avatar
crazyrobin
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:52 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby crazyrobin » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:34 am

Drilling LR is boring like hell. Ah......

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby wtrc » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:21 am

crazyrobin wrote:Drilling LR is boring like hell. Ah......


Lol, it's such an annoying feeling after drilling LG and feeling all pumped up to go to draining LR sections like parallel...

User avatar
Fianna13
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:05 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Fianna13 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:44 pm

So I finally figured out my weaknesses in LR, the soft most likely supported inference questions. They tend to tank me when the stimulus is fairly long and dense. What are some of your successful approaches for them? Do you read the stimulus then go to each answer choice and actively refer back to the stimulus?

User avatar
CardozoLaw09
Posts: 1749
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:48 pm

Fianna13 wrote:So I finally figured out my weaknesses in LR, the soft most likely supported inference questions. They tend to tank me when the stimulus is fairly long and dense. What are some of your successful approaches for them? Do you read the stimulus then go to each answer choice and actively refer back to the stimulus?


That's usually the game plan for those question types; you want to refer back to the stimulus only after eliminating the obvious wrong answers that are definitely not provable given the information in the stimulus. After you're left with one or two answer choices you want to see which one can be supported by linking elements in the stimulus for a possible connection.

User avatar
Fianna13
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:05 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Fianna13 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:59 pm

^ thanks for the advice!




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, Alexandros, earldasquirel, Greenteachurro, The_Pluviophile and 8 guests