JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Daily_Double

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Daily_Double » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:48 pm

griffin.811 wrote:DD you still do any drilling on non pt days or just review?

Review, and old games.

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:51 pm

51 tonight :!:

natashka85

Postby natashka85 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:22 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:51 tonight :!:

what time tonight?group review?

The-Specs

Postby The-Specs » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:38 pm

Just got owned by PT 43.

RC: -5
LR: -5
LR: -6
LG: -3

Raw: 82
Scaled: 165

I had a really hard time focusing on RC today but the score is pretty common for me. I am very disturbed by the LR score as that is usually my best section and the PS bible that I am reading right now. The games (the only one I have reviewed so far) were all mental mistakes. The diagrams were good, i finished in 32 min and on review I had just misread the questions. A slight blow to self-esteem but a major boost to motivation. I hate the 160's, I am never going to see this score again.

eliztudorr

Postby eliztudorr » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:02 pm

the more i study lsat..the more i feel like the outside world is so complicated and at times annoying....=.= WHATS HAPPENING TO ME :O

CanILive

Postby CanILive » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:03 pm

This is so unbelievable, I thought I rocked PT 34.

I did not.

RC -9
LR -10 (???)
LR -5
LG -6

Score: 158.

Word cannot express how pissed/frustrated/saddened I am right now.

:|

eliztudorr

Postby eliztudorr » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:05 pm

CanILive wrote:This is so unbelievable, I thought I rocked PT 34.

I did not.

RC -9
LR -10 (???)
LR -5
LG -6

maybe you are tired..brain fried. it happens.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:05 pm

CanILive wrote:

Misbubble?

CanILive

Postby CanILive » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:14 pm

rebexness wrote:
Misbubble?

I just checked, that would not be the case.

I'm going to break down every question I missed as much as possible tonight.

I don't think that my ego can handle another test scorer like this.

eliztudorr

Postby eliztudorr » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:32 pm

CanILive wrote:
rebexness wrote:
Misbubble?

you can do it! it might actually be a good thing. it keeps you alarmed.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:34 pm

CanILive wrote:
rebexness wrote:
Misbubble?

Compare the test to any others you have taken and see where the major weaknesses are. Maybe you are due for a drill break?

Daily_Double

Postby Daily_Double » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:38 pm

I did not.

RC -9
LR -10 (???)
LR -5
LG -6

Chill. There's time. In order to analyze what's going on, in an attempt to help, sorry if this comes off harsh, you know I don't mean it that way, I'm going to go over a couple explanations.

1. You don't understand the concepts. I don't think that is the case with you, but I could be wrong and you would be a better judge of this than I would. If this is the case, then skim Manhattan's books, maybe revisit the sections of the LRB which speak of conditional logic, causation, and formal logic.

2. You're not fully applying the concepts to the material at hand. I think this is your issue. If you answer any of the following questions in the negative, then this is most likely what you're struggling with. Do you move from the question stem to the stimulus with a clear understanding of what the stem is asking of you, in other words, do you always identify the correct question type? When you identify the correct question type, do you understand how it differs from the other question types in terms of scope? When reading the question stimulus can you usually identify the gap, the argument core, and support for the core? After reading the question stimulus can you formulate an answer to the question stem before moving to the answer choices on at least some questions? In my opinion, and again I'm no expert, this can be solved by first taking two days off from both the LSAT and TLS, don't check your phone, laptop, or even think about it. Do whatever it is that you do to have fun, don't worry. Come back fresh, and drill hard in the paint.

3. You get confused with the terms and phrases in the question stimulus and/or answers. This and the second explanation are not mutually exclusive, for example mistaken negations, and reversals, but this issue can also be solved through drilling.

4. This is a big one. Do you learn from your mistakes? I should be able to present to you any problem you've already done in LG, LR, and RC, and you tell me what the correct answer is and why the others are not correct.

griffin.811

Postby griffin.811 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:50 pm

I did not.

RC -9
LR -10 (???)
LR -5
LG -6

Almost quit this thing twice from scoring the same as my diagnostic after months of studying. It happens, shake it off.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:52 pm

griffin.811 wrote:Almost quit this thing twice from scoring the same as my diagnostic after months of studying. It happens, shake it off.

I got the same score on two official LSATs. It was awful.

Daily_Double

Postby Daily_Double » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:11 pm

On a lighter note, just an idea to brighten the mood of the thread, I guarantee it will be need brightening in April and May, I don't know about you guys, but I'd be willing to throw some money at the user who makes the funniest post before June 10. I believe mostdangerousLG is in the lead, we can't let him have that he's a February taker, with his mirado warrior post, which made me burst out laughing in my taxation class.

crazyrobin

Postby crazyrobin » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:23 pm

Daily_Double wrote:Crazyrobin, your post here simply means circular logic.

For example, it is clear that I will score a 180 in June. Many other people will try to score a 180 in June, but they are not me.

Give me a PT#, S#, and Q#, and my advice would be better.

Thanks DD, PT4, S4, Q19. I have no problem with the correct answer but C's abstract language puzzles me.

John_rizzy_rawls

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:32 pm

DD, Armed, and other LG ballers -

Any of you able to finish PT27 Game 2 (snakes and lizards) in under 12 min?

crazyrobin

Postby crazyrobin » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:36 pm

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:DD, Armed, and other LG ballers -

Yes under six shoot me with any questions.

CanILive

Postby CanILive » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:04 pm

Daily_Double wrote:
Chill. There's time. In order to analyze what's going on, in an attempt to help, sorry if this comes off harsh, you know I don't mean it that way, I'm going to go over a couple explanations.

1. You don't understand the concepts. I don't think that is the case with you, but I could be wrong and you would be a better judge of this than I would. If this is the case, then skim Manhattan's books, maybe revisit the sections of the LRB which speak of conditional logic, causation, and formal logic.

2. You're not fully applying the concepts to the material at hand. I think this is your issue. If you answer any of the following questions in the negative, then this is most likely what you're struggling with. Do you move from the question stem to the stimulus with a clear understanding of what the stem is asking of you, in other words, do you always identify the correct question type? When you identify the correct question type, do you understand how it differs from the other question types in terms of scope? When reading the question stimulus can you usually identify the gap, the argument core, and support for the core? After reading the question stimulus can you formulate an answer to the question stem before moving to the answer choices on at least some questions? In my opinion, and again I'm no expert, this can be solved by first taking two days off from both the LSAT and TLS, don't check your phone, laptop, or even think about it. Do whatever it is that you do to have fun, don't worry. Come back fresh, and drill hard in the paint.

3. You get confused with the terms and phrases in the question stimulus and/or answers. This and the second explanation are not mutually exclusive, for example mistaken negations, and reversals, but this issue can also be solved through drilling.

4. This is a big one. Do you learn from your mistakes? I should be able to present to you any problem you've already done in LG, LR, and RC, and you tell me what the correct answer is and why the others are not correct.

I really appreciate the encouragement and advice, especially #2 above.

Also, Daily_Double, your advice was not harsh at all. It was completely constructive, along with everyone else's. That is what makes this thread so great.

I am thinking of getting the book of LG sorted by type and just drill the sweet-baby-jesus out of it a few times a week.

As for LR, I'm going to totally focus on concept application.

eliztudorr

Postby eliztudorr » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:23 pm

crazyrobin wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:DD, Armed, and other LG ballers -

Yes under six shoot me with any questions.

i think John's question is, HOW did you do it under 6 O___O

i got all the inferences but for some reason the wording of each question gets so complicated that its hard to immediately spot the answers...like by the time i was done with the first orientation question..its already close to 5 min....let alone finishing the rest in 1 min. my shortest try on this game is 10 and still -1. =.=

the inferences i spot was that

1) there has to be FL, FS, FS
2) distribution of this game is either 22111 or 2221/ therefore, one of the 1 has to be a L

is there something im not spotting?

crazyrobin

Postby crazyrobin » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:34 pm

eliztudorr wrote:
crazyrobin wrote:

i got all the inferences but for some reason the wording of each question gets so complicated that its hard to immediately spot the answers...like by the time i was done with the first orientation question..its already close to 5 min....let alone finishing the rest in 1 min. my shortest try on this game is 10 and still -1. =.=

2) distribution of this game is either 22111 or 2221/ therefore, one of the 1 has to be a L

No, that's about it. I did a quick hypo to assume there are two ml: ml, ml, fl, fs, fs. This hypo happens help me on solving Q9 and Q 12. That's why I did it under 6 min.

John_rizzy_rawls

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:36 pm

crazyrobin wrote:
eliztudorr wrote:
crazyrobin wrote:

No, that's about it. I did a quick hypo to assume there are two ml: ml, ml, fl, fs, fs. This hypo happens help me on solving Q9 and Q 12. That's why I did it under 6 min.

Ah hypos. Gotcha. Thanks.

eliztudorr

Postby eliztudorr » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:38 pm

crazyrobin wrote:
eliztudorr wrote:
crazyrobin wrote:

did you happen to know what triggered you to do that hypo?

crazyrobin

Postby crazyrobin » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:45 pm

eliztudorr wrote:

Two male and the last rule triggered me with the idea to maximize male lizard numbers. Just want to see how the last rule can play with it.

As for Q 9, your explanation is better, I managed to eliminate ABDE.

eliztudorr

Postby eliztudorr » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:49 pm

crazyrobin wrote:
eliztudorr wrote:

Two male and the last rule triggered me with the idea to maximize male lizard numbers. Just want to see how the last rule can play with it.

i like that. i forgot where did i read it but always look out for the "odd" rule. you are right!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”