JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

User avatar
CanILive
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:21 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby CanILive » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:14 pm

Just reviewed my RC errors, and I feel very dumb.

I attribute my low section score to feeling pressed for time.

Now that I have time to think through the questions, I wonder how I got some of these wrong.

Daily_Double
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Daily_Double » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:39 pm

calawgrl wrote:Daily_Double not to be creepy lol but I've been stalking your progress via this thread and I really wan't to get to the point you're at, how long have you been studying up until now?


Technically I got the bibles and started going through them last July and August. But I worked very slowly, I'm very busy most of the time and I didn't want to just gloss over it. It basically took me all last semester, and Christmas break to get through the bibles and Manhattan's stuff, admittedly I did them multiple times, made summary guides, notecards, and did Powerscore's workbooks, but I think this was a waste of time... While I can't be sure, I think the increases in my score come mostly from reviewing drilling mistakes (I'm including untimed RC as drilling), which I started in late December, and reviewing some of the problems I ran into trouble on, I make copies of the ones I'm unsure about and the ones I miss and they have their own folder, at least once very two weeks. Not to mention the fact that since games were my worst section, I have been doing or redoing at least three games a day.

But before everyone freaks out because I started so early, this is just what's working for me, and is not necessary for you. People's study plans depend upon a number of things, two of which are free time, and your weaknesses. I took a diagnostic in August, I don't recommend diagnostics, and determined that LG was my biggest weakness followed by RC, so I tailored my study plan accordingly.

Hope this answers your question, PM me if you still have questions.

natashka85
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:29 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby natashka85 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:15 pm

Can u guys do the review in the afternoon on weekends,i am working late at nights on weekends,thanks?

Holynorth
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Holynorth » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:32 pm

.
Last edited by Holynorth on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

bdeans91
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:43 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby bdeans91 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:38 pm

Just got a -1 in 35m29 on my first full RC section since the diagnostic.

Diagnostic: -10

Booyah. Basically comes 100% from Voyager's RC Guide (on this site).

bdeans91
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:43 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby bdeans91 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:44 pm

By the way, any Canadians in this thread?

I'm probably going to go to a Canadian school but I figure a study group with my American neighbours will give me a leg up on the competition.

Kool-Aid
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:13 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Kool-Aid » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Holynorth wrote:(Proctor called 5 minutes when there was 10 minutes left. I noticed there were still ten minutes left but assumed I had read my watch wrong when we started. I would scramble to finish the RC section I was on and didn't read the passage. Then after five minutes she apologized and said we had another 5 minutes. I'm just going to be pessimistic and assume I missed this entire passage and a few questions on the next section due.


This exact same thing happened to me in December I ended up going -12 on RC, and I believe missed each question on the last passage. I couldn't remember which questions I had guessed on and which ones I didn't so it was a disaster.
Last edited by Kool-Aid on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
objection_your_honor
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby objection_your_honor » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:51 pm

I would become violent.

Holynorth
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Holynorth » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:01 pm

.
Last edited by Holynorth on Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
eliztudorr
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby eliztudorr » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:17 pm

im sorry for your proctor's mistake...i took the Feb 13 LSAT and during my test someone's phone rang...like SERIOUSLY???? and that disturbed us.

so someone asked for a extra 5 min and my proctor granted it. that was quite awesome.

but still canceled my score anyways..because i didn't intend to keep the score just wanted to know what the test was like overall.

User avatar
Eberry
Posts: 12104
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:32 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Eberry » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:21 pm

DO NOT CLICK

User avatar
A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A
Posts: 628
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:32 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:22 pm

Eberry wrote:DO NOT CLICK


thanks

Holynorth
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Holynorth » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:27 pm

Check his post history; how is he not banned yet?

Never mind, all done today.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby wtrc » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:32 pm

eliztudorr wrote:im sorry for your proctor's mistake...i took the Feb 13 LSAT and during my test someone's phone rang...like SERIOUSLY???? and that disturbed us.

so someone asked for a extra 5 min and my proctor granted it. that was quite awesome.

but still canceled my score anyways..because i didn't intend to keep the score just wanted to know what the test was like overall.


Lol I want that proctor.

User avatar
calawgrl
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:49 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby calawgrl » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:38 pm

Daily_Double wrote:
Technically I got the bibles and started going through them last July and August. But I worked very slowly, I'm very busy most of the time and I didn't want to just gloss over it. It basically took me all last semester, and Christmas break to get through the bibles and Manhattan's stuff, admittedly I did them multiple times, made summary guides, notecards, and did Powerscore's workbooks, but I think this was a waste of time... While I can't be sure, I think the increases in my score come mostly from reviewing drilling mistakes (I'm including untimed RC as drilling), which I started in late December, and reviewing some of the problems I ran into trouble on, I make copies of the ones I'm unsure about and the ones I miss and they have their own folder, at least once very two weeks. Not to mention the fact that since games were my worst section, I have been doing or redoing at least three games a day.

But before everyone freaks out because I started so early, this is just what's working for me, and is not necessary for you. People's study plans depend upon a number of things, two of which are free time, and your weaknesses. I took a diagnostic in August, I don't recommend diagnostics, and determined that LG was my biggest weakness followed by RC, so I tailored my study plan accordingly.

Hope this answers your question, PM me if you still have questions.


This really helps, I'm still in the process of studying all the books and I wasn't sure if I was spending too long on them. I might PM you later for more advice because you really seem to know what you're doing, but thanks a lot.

Daily_Double
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Daily_Double » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:42 pm

No problem, I'm happy to do it, helping others reinforces my understanding of the test. So, by helping you, I'm actually helping myself.

TheMiner
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:10 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby TheMiner » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:52 pm

.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby wtrc » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:56 pm

TheMiner wrote:.



Totally. If you can put the work and time in and you're already at 165, definitely doable. I'm not quite there yet myself... But I've seen it happen with others, at least..

EDIT: Fuck spammers
Last edited by wtrc on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
crazyrobin
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:52 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby crazyrobin » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:57 pm

Weathercoins don't quote that, his link is spam.

User avatar
objection_your_honor
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby objection_your_honor » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:01 pm

Re: PT50. Review on Sunday evening should work. I think I'm taking it tomorrow (and possibly PT40 on Sunday).

Daily_Double
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Daily_Double » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:18 pm

objection_your_honor wrote:Re: PT50. Review on Sunday evening should work. I think I'm taking it tomorrow (and possibly PT40 on Sunday).


NICE.

User avatar
eliztudorr
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby eliztudorr » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:00 pm

scam? what did i miss?

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby rebexness » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:03 pm

eliztudorr wrote:scam? what did i miss?


In general, don't click links posted by people with 5 posts.

Kool-Aid
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:13 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby Kool-Aid » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:40 pm

rebexness wrote:
eliztudorr wrote:scam? what did i miss?


In general, don't click links posted by people with 5 posts.


I resent this :D

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Postby rebexness » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:02 pm

Kool-Aid wrote:
rebexness wrote:
eliztudorr wrote:scam? what did i miss?


In general, don't click links posted by people with 5 posts.


I resent this :D


nah, bro, you have SIX.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests