Because I'm bored and putting off a little reading, I decided to make some basic rules and give a brief introduction for the review room we use. A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A, if everyone approves of these rules, and doesn't add anything significant, and if they add something significant, and you think it's necessary, could you please add the information below to your second post?
So as you may or may not know some of us are using a program to review. Now before I begin with the rules and a brief introduction, you the reader should first know a few things: many of us are all at different levels, and as a result, posters are going to split into groups which fit their score range and PT schedules. What I'm getting at, is don't enter the room if you haven't taken the PT we are reviewing. Second, we are all busy, and cramming PT review is difficult for everyone, so don't abuse it, because we are trying to work here. Furthermore, as a warning, if we, the usual posters who attempt to provide insightful tips and suggestions to you, deem that you are abusing the room in such a way as to waste our time, then don't expect any help from us in the future.
The information below applies only to program virgins.
1. Click the link, it will take you to a page, don't close the page until the window comes up.
2. So you're in the room, you should see a large white background and some tabs to your left. People will be in the room, or on their way. Sit patiently, remember what you read here:
The program has several options, the first of which you should do is set up your mike. Now you should see three tabs to the left, audio and video, participants, chat. Look at the tab marked audio and video, to the immediate right of the words audio and video are two buttons, click the second one from the left, a tab will drop down, click audio setup wizard. After you do this step you will have the power to use the mike, but with great power comes great responsibility.
3. People come in, now you're wondering how do I communicate with these people? Don't do anything, don't press the talk button, don't press the video button, literally do nothing. The most important thing to understand is that there are three ways, that I know of, to communicate in this program. The first is the mike, the second is the text box at the bottom left under the chat tab. The third is by clicking the text box button and typing on the wall, you'll learn about this in the program. Only one these needs further explanation: the mike. Now remember this, only one person can use the mike at once. What happens is that one person clicks the talk button, and speaks, everyone in the room hears the speaker, when the speaker is finished speaking he will click the talk button again. Since only one person can speak at once, you should limit your mike time to questions, answers, and things that make people laugh, these are not mutually exclusive. What this means is that you should press the talk button, talk, then press the talk button again.
4. Someone will open the review by speaking into the mike, you'll notice that the talk button cannot be clicked during these moments. You will type any questions you have into the text area at the bottom left of the screen. This message will appear above the area you typed it and we will see it and answer your question.
5. The review begins. People will begin by using the third way to communicate, the text box, and will type the questions they would like a further explanation of. They will direct you how to do the same.
1. Don't be a dick
2. Don't use the mike for too long. How long is too long? When your explanation is finished, you should press the button again.
3. Yeah, back to the mike, don't be a dick, I know it's been covered, but specifically, don't be a dick with the mike. If you have clicked the button, then leave your computer and go watch ghostbusters, the review will be screwed, and we will hate you.
4. I shouldn't have to say this, but because this is an anonymous internet thread, we can't verify that you're not going to ruin the chat room. So let me address this possibility now, just because you have some deeply rooted emotional issues, will soon be featured on the next episode of catfish, and as a result have led us to believe that you actually belong in the same chat room with us, doesn't mean we care. Seriously, don't troll the chat room.